Duck Hunting Forum banner

Hevi Shot's new self defense load

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  dsm16428 
#1 ·
Just passing this on for those who on the look out for new home defense products...

Hevi Shot - Hevi-Duty

"The new load is available in #4 buckshot, 12 gauge 2-3/4" 1250 fps, 30 pellet. It is designed for full stopping power yet to not over penetrate walls. The problem with using lead buckshot inside your home is that it will carry through several rooms.

The composition is a proprietary blend of metals that we own the patent on. It is frangible (retains its shape when encased in liquid such as soft tissue and bone, yet returns back to its original powder form when coming into contact with hard surfaces such as rock, concrete or steel). It is available in a 5 round box with a MSRP of $8.99. Since we don't dictate what dealers sell it for it will vary from location to location."

See less See more
#2 ·
Oooooh!!! Where to start on where your Hevi-drivvle post is so WRONG rebelcj7 and remember-you bring this on yourself... :rolleyes:

Lead #4 buck at the SAME VELOCITY will never...for those in the cheap seats...NEVER penetrate interior walls...or ANYTHING further than #4 hevisnot will!!! EVER!!! Lead, even high antimony lead, DEFORMS as it strikes and object, thus depleting it's energy fairly quickly as it goes through said object, even shaving big chunks of itself off if the object is hard enough-like, a nail or steel joint hanger, etc.. Hevi snot will punch through the same stuff and lose MUCH LESS energy because it will not deform and will actually ricochete off of hard materials much easier, risking injury much more than lead shot ever could. Keep putting them up and I'll keep shooting them down for ya! Fools. :help: Do you actually believe the crap you post for hevi shot or do you get paid by the letter? Either way, I hope the mods delete your posts for the spam that they are. :fingerhead:

#3 ·
Response? Rebubtle? I didn't think so. Environmetal needs to stop letting just anybody staff for them. SPatrick excluded of course.

#4 ·
DSM, if you had any sort of reading comprehension, you'd see that they are using a blend of tungsten creating frangible pellets. Ever used a breaching round? its pretty much a compressed slug of tungsten. Seems to me they are using a similar composition. The simple fact is, if you are using ANY load with enough energy to penetrate vitals through heavy clothing, your load will penetrate standard interior walls. So, unless your part of the "use birdshot for superficial flesh wounds and less penetration in walls" crowd, pick a load, practice, and hit your target. That's the only way to prevent undesirable wall penetration.

#5 ·
Chaser you already know where I stand on in home loads for the shotgun. Inside the home ANYTHING will work and my 20 and 12 ga copper plated pd BB hand loads will ruin your day but won't kill my neighbor across the driveway from me. As for my reading comp, still not sure how I missed that sentence...twice!! LoL. My self-serving sounding, one and only appology to the OP-my bad for not THOROUGHLY reading your advertizement. I have indeed used breaching rounds tc. Ours used a compressed copper and tin or copper and tungsten "slug". When I ran them though, the standard battering ram worked more reliably as breaching chokes were in their infancy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.