17 yrs. no warming?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: 17 yrs. no warming?

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:49 am

ScaupHunter wrote:How a useless loser who never did anything usefull got elected is beyond me.
The true embodiment of anybody can be president and not in the inspiration way :no: :sad:

ScaupHunter wrote:How anyone but a completely deluded moron can defend the useless loser after his continuing series of blunders, stupidity, and violations of the Constitution is beyond me.
Bush said a lot of dumb things, but this clown. Wow.

He is also the embodiment of the failures of affirmative action and the failure to be as hard on black people as white people or as Bush said, and he said some brilliant things too, the soft bigotry of low expectations.

I absolutely love the stories of the Tuskegee Airmen, Jack Robinson (anyone seen 41, I haven't yet unfortunately, I hope it is good), and those pioneers. This was back when people truly cared about eliminating the silly stigma of race. These were so successful because they expected more and not less from the blacks and that is exactly what they got. Affirmative action is the embodiment of expecting less and that is exactly what we get.

The Tuskegee Airmen and Jackie Robinson stories are inspiring. The Obama story is depressing.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:55 am

I for one find Obama's story inspirational! He inspires me to never be a liberal! He also inspires me to never lower myself to his level of money sucking leech.

People so dramatically under rate Bush's intelligence. He could kill a word with the best of them. I often wonder if that folksy slip up thing was put on for show. The more I learn about him the more I think he used it to make his enemies underestimate him. While Bush made plenty of mistakes, he also did quite a few impressive things.

I am still waiting for Obama to do anything of importance.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:03 am

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
dudejcb wrote:I said it was a complicated tough nut to crack didn't I? Truth be told what we need is a Goldie Locks Climate; not too hot, not too cold ... just right.

But we were told that tough nut had been cracked, there was a practically unanimous consensus that it was going to be disastrous if we didn't massively change our ways in short order? :huh:

So you are saying that Al Gore is full of hot air? :huh:

Are you saying the scientist that claim they know it all are just typical know-it-alls? :huh:

Basically, you agree with my primary point. :banana:

Not so fast, spinner, the liberals are allways right even when they are wrong. Because they did out of compassion.

Woody,
as usual your perceptions exceed verbiage and record. To clarify, we've been told climate change will be a tough nut to crack, and that cracking it will take some effort and perhaps some pain.

Spinner: Utopian? Really? You're such a dreamer ... "in Spinner (and other's) world everything's fine, we have nothing to fear but fear and misinformation incited by scheming progressives, and we need do nothing ever unless we want to, cuz we ca call bunk on whatever is inconvenient for us." You're probably in favor of repealing litter laws and looking gleefully forward to the day when you can once again speed down Wisconsin byways and backroads (cus that's where all the flatlanders go to play) tossing full trash bags alongside the roads. After all, once they're out of sight, they're gone and don;t even exist in your reality!
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:07 am

ScaupHunter wrote:People so dramatically under rate Bush's intelligence. ... I often wonder if that folksy slip up thing was put on for show.

He was a C average student by his own admission, so underestimating his intelligence is hard to do.

spinnerman wrote:The true embodiment of anybody can be president and not in the inspiration way
dudejcb
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:16 am

So tell me Dude what was Obamas GPA?

I have a $100 bill that says Bush's was higher.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:39 am

dudejcb wrote:
WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
dudejcb wrote:I said it was a complicated tough nut to crack didn't I? Truth be told what we need is a Goldie Locks Climate; not too hot, not too cold ... just right.

But we were told that tough nut had been cracked, there was a practically unanimous consensus that it was going to be disastrous if we didn't massively change our ways in short order? :huh:

So you are saying that Al Gore is full of hot air? :huh:

Are you saying the scientist that claim they know it all are just typical know-it-alls? :huh:

Basically, you agree with my primary point. :banana:

Not so fast, spinner, the liberals are allways right even when they are wrong. Because they did out of compassion.

Woody,
as usual your perceptions exceed verbiage and record. To clarify, we've been told climate change will be a tough nut to crack, and that cracking it will take some effort and perhaps some pain.

Since when is making vastly reaching public policy on unreliable information a good idea?
Hell, you progressive/liberals gave Bush $hit for making a judgement call on what were reliable sources, just because it ended up to be wrong (by your (re)definition of WMD).

You say it is a tough nut to crack, admitting we don't know near enough to make a conclusion, right?
Without a concise conclusion, how can you make a viable decision?

Jumping in to mass use of an immature science is a very dangerous game. A game that risks ALL of our life styles.

Just think of the implications if you are wrong, especially knowing that if you are right we cannot do anything about it anyways.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:41 am

dudejcb wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:People so dramatically under rate Bush's intelligence. ... I often wonder if that folksy slip up thing was put on for show.

He was a C average student by his own admission, so underestimating his intelligence is hard to do.
So low grades tell you low intelligence :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Did you really go to college? I believe you even went to a large college so you surely saw kids fail because they drank and partied way too much, including people that possibly could have gotten near straight A's if they put forth the effort.

For me personally, if they kept attendance records, my guess is that my first two years of college I attended less than 50% of the lectures. Granted I still had a GPA well above 3.0 during that time, but a lot of kids grades suffered a lot more as a result of partying and screwing off a lot less.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:46 am

ScaupHunter wrote:So tell me Dude what was Obamas GPA?

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

You beat me to it. I can't believe a liberal would bring up college transcripts :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:20 pm

assateague wrote:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

I can't believe a liberal would bring up college transcripts :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :clapping:
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:43 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:I for one find Obama's story inspirational! He inspires me to never be a liberal! He also inspires me to never lower myself to his level of money sucking leech.

People so dramatically under rate Bush's intelligence. He could kill a word with the best of them. I often wonder if that folksy slip up thing was put on for show. The more I learn about him the more I think he used it to make his enemies underestimate him. While Bush made plenty of mistakes, he also did quite a few impressive things.

You bet, Scaup....Bush was such a cagey, insightful, brilliant, tactician in human evaluation and manipulation. :no: C'mon...he did do some noteworthy things....but to put him on a pedestal is absurd. He was at best a "C" student in everything his entire life. Do you think he planned this facade from a toddler to gain an upper hand on his adversaries? Obama is a very intelligent man. To say that he is ignorant is, well, ignorant. To disagree with his platforms and his performance is fine. But to put him on Bush'es intellectual level is silly. Make GOOD arguments, buddy. There is plenty to criticize with Obama without resorting to flights of fancy about others.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:I for one find Obama's story inspirational! He inspires me to never be a liberal! He also inspires me to never lower myself to his level of money sucking leech.

You bet, Scaup....Bush was such a cagey, insightful, brilliant, tactician in human evaluation and manipulation. :no: C'mon...he did do some noteworthy things....but to put him on a pedestal is absurd. He was at best a "C" student in everything his entire life. Do you think he planned this facade from a toddler to gain an upper hand on his adversaries? Obama is a very intelligent man. To say that he is ignorant is, well, ignorant. To disagree with his platforms and his performance is fine. But to put him on Bush'es intellectual level is silly. Make GOOD arguments, buddy. There is plenty to criticize with Obama without resorting to flights of fancy about others.

Really? Obama is more intelligent than Bush? Is that because Barry and you see eye to eye? Arrogance does not imply intelligence. I will say that Barry is intelligent just not as much as you believe. He and Bush were probably on the same level. How do you consider intellectualism? Is it the ability to rationalize your beliefs even if they contradict reality? Barry wins. Although, I would say bush would give him a run for his money there.

P,ease Jim, for the love of God, support your position that Barry is a supreme being of intelligence. I'll be waiting eagerly.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:24 pm

That's a cheap out since you for whatever reason reason Obama's school records are not public. Remember, however, he was the President of the Harvard Law Review. I don't believe Bush could have spelled Harvard Law Review.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:33 pm

vincentpa wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

Really? Obama is more intelligent than Bush? Is that because Barry and you see eye to eye? Arrogance does not imply intelligence. I will say that Barry is intelligent just not as much as you believe. He and Bush were probably on the same level. How do you consider intellectualism? Is it the ability to rationalize your beliefs even if they contradict reality? Barry wins. Although, I would say bush would give him a run for his money there.

P,ease Jim, for the love of God, support your position that Barry is a supreme being of intelligence. I'll be waiting eagerly.

I knew it would evolve to this VP. Intelligence is a very ambiguous term. I know those of extremely high IQ that became useless, non-contributing drug addicts, and I know of some who had trouble spelling their name that achieved huge success in life. Who is the intelligent one? Bush had every advantage in life. He was molly-coddled into a Presidency. Can you say the same of Obama? He came from NOTHING to achieve what he achieved. Perhaps there was potential realized by those of influence that helped along the way, but he still was not the son of a President, just like we are going to have to deal with freakin' Jeb soon. Exactly whom do you do give credit to in life.....the son of a tycoon that has every advantage....say...a Romney sort......or a citizen that achieves that position by potential and intelligence? Now, whether we are discussing whether that influential, charismatic personality leads to making the right decisions on a Presidential level, that is a different discussion.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:04 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
vincentpa wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

I knew it would evolve to this VP. Intelligence is a very ambiguous term. I know those of extremely high IQ that became useless, non-contributing drug addicts, and I know of some who had trouble spelling their name that achieved huge success in life. Who is the intelligent one? Bush had every advantage in life. He was molly-coddled into a Presidency. Can you say the same of Obama? He came from NOTHING to achieve what he achieved. Perhaps there was potential realized by those of influence that helped along the way, but he still was not the son of a President, just like we are going to have to deal with freakin' Jeb soon. Exactly whom do you do give credit to in life.....the son of a tycoon that has every advantage....say...a Romney sort......or a citizen that achieves that position by potential and intelligence? Now, whether we are discussing whether that influential, charismatic personality leads to making the right decisions on a Presidential level, that is a different discussion.

Your entire post was a non sequitur.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:19 pm

vincentpa wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
vincentpa wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

Your entire post was a non sequitur.

Wow! Please expand. You were directing your position towards comparative intelligences. Did I come back talking about the plight of the polar bear or what?
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:46 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:

Jim, I can put Obama at any intelligence level I would like. He quite simply will not step up and release public information about his GPA. So as far as I am concerned he is the village idiot. His performance to date has proven this fully so that is what I am sticking with. Now as to some earlier posts about Obama coming up from nothing? :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: He has been spoon fed, groomed, and funded right into the position he is in. He had no less benefits than GW Bush did there bubba. Bush at least recieved it from family and their hard work. Obama received it for doing nothing.

Next argument!
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:48 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

Jim, I can put Obama at any intelligence level I would like. He quite simply will not step up and release public information about his GPA. So as far as I am concerned he is the village idiot. His performance to date has proven this fully so that is what I am sticking with. Now as to some earlier posts about Obama coming up from nothing? :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: He has been spoon fed, groomed, and funded right into the position he is in. He had no less benefits than GW Bush did there bubba. Bush at least recieved it from family and their hard work. Obama received it for doing nothing.

Next argument!

So honestly Scaup, you feel that Obama had all the advantages of a Bush?
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:53 pm

If we want to count the nickles and dimes no. If we want to talk about being funded by others, living a life he did not earn, and being given choice jobs with no real responsibilities or accountability then that answer is a firm yes.

Bush was held to a much higher standard than Obama has ever been held. Don't think so? Bush served and learned to fly jet fighters. Obama can't seem to his shoes without help much less fly a jet. Bush managed to convince the people to elect him despite a biased MSM. Obama received endless help from the MSM. Bush won two wars handily. Obama still has troops in both places despite promises to the contrary. Before you try and get all wound up on that the wars ended quickly. The insurgencies are continuing and will for another 100 years. It is the middle east after all.

What exactly was it that Obama has done. He can't even get Obamacare off the ground. It is delayed yet again!
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:07 pm

Haa haaa!

The Manchurian candidate conspiracy again? LOL!
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:08 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:If we want to count the nickles and dimes no. If we want to talk about being funded by others, living a life he did not earn, and being given choice jobs with no real responsibilities or accountability then that answer is a firm yes.

Bush was held to a much higher standard than Obama has ever been held. Don't think so? Bush served and learned to fly jet fighters. Obama can't seem to his shoes without help much less fly a jet. Bush managed to convince the people to elect him despite a biased MSM. Obama received endless help from the MSM. Bush won two wars handily. Obama still has troops in both places despite promises to the contrary. Before you try and get all wound up on that the wars ended quickly. The insurgencies are continuing and will for another 100 years. It is the middle east after all.

What exactly was it that Obama has done. He can't even get Obamacare off the ground. It is delayed yet again!

Bush handily won two wars yet Obama still has troops there? Seriously? And Bush was held to a higher standard??>??? Everyone realized Bush was riding the little bus from day one. He was given so much latitude just for being stupid it's a travesty. It has absolutely nothing to do with nickles and dimes. It has to do with political influence. Do you not recognize the political power of nepotism in our society?????Jeez, brother. You are gonna melt that crack pipe if you don't let it cool down.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:11 pm

slowshooter wrote:Haa haaa!

This is an unexpectedly bizarre conversation slow. I can not even believe that some want to defend Bush and castigate Obama for what is being said!!!???!!! I need to increase my drug intake to even attempt to jump onto the flights of fancy being promulgated here. Well, increasing my drug intake sounds fun anyway, but it's good to have a reason! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:20 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:

This is an unexpectedly bizarre conversation slow. I can not even believe that some want to defend Bush and castigate Obama for what is being said!!!???!!! I need to increase my drug intake to even attempt to jump onto the flights of fancy being promulgated here. Well, increasing my drug intake sounds fun anyway, but it's good to have a reason! :lol3:

Hey Jim,

One of the reasons it's fun to come here is to revel in the close minded partisan ship and nonsense promulgated by the conservative touts. It's funny!

That said all conversations here run to the same patterns.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:25 pm

slowshooter wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

Hey Jim,

One of the reasons it's fun to come here is to revel in the close minded partisan ship and nonsense promulgated by the conservative touts. It's funny!

That said all conversations here run to the same patterns.

That's a tendency I have noticed too, buddy. If I had more energy or ambition at the moment I would attempt to delineate and ordinate exactly what I think you mean. Alas.....beer and fatigue ruin my chances at immortality once again! :lol3: :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby assateague » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:37 am

Nope. The "Post Turtle Conspiracy".

(Actually, that sounds like it should be a Tom Robbins novel)
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby dudejcb » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:46 am

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:Since when is making vastly reaching public policy on unreliable information a good idea?
Hell, you progressive/liberals gave Bush $hit for making a judgement call on what were reliable sources, just because it ended up to be wrong (by your (re)definition of WMD).
FAIL: You've consistently missed the point here; it's not that he made a bad judgement call on unreliable information; he (and his minions) produced, embellished, and sold the bad information using scare tactics (mushroom cloud) as a pretext to their foregone plans, using 9/11 as the excuse. Not only that, but they silenced or retaliated against those who disagreed or promoted caution/skepticism of/with the "intel." Try to keep up! This is way old news.

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:You say it is a tough nut to crack, admitting we don't know near enough to make a conclusion, right?
NO. We are capable of making some conclusions based on what we know now, understanding that our understanding will change over time. The entities that cannot make conclusions wold include volcanoes, trees, bovine digestive systems, sun spots and all that natural non-man-controllable stuff.

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:Jumping in to mass use of an immature science is a very dangerous game. A game that risks ALL of our life styles.
Not doing something in light of current circumstances and understandings is also jumping into mass use or misuse of science.

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:Just think of the implications if you are wrong, especially knowing that if you are right we cannot do anything about it anyways.
The implications?! Yes, let's think about the implications.

The implications of being proactive are increases in: energy sustainability, energy security, energy efficiency, productivity, industrial capability & capacity, environmental sustainability, cultural survival.

The implications of doing nothing: continued volatile energy markets, energy insecurity, banking of short term profits as opposed to infrastructure investment and development (BINGO!!!), reliance on aging infrastructure; super big storm events at increased frequency, death, destruction, squandering the rebuild opportunity by following the same old practices because doing things better always costs more that minimum code (or less), so the opportunity for improvement is lost for the life of the structure...and we keep digging the hole.

I could go on but you get the point don't you? Please say maybe.
Last edited by dudejcb on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dudejcb
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum