Contact Your House Rep in DC TODAY ( Farm Bill )

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

Contact Your House Rep in DC TODAY ( Farm Bill )

Postby feathhd » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:10 pm

Tell the U.S House to pass a 2013 Farm Bill!

The agricultural conservation programs that are authorized and funded through the farm bill are the backbone of DU's cooperative conservation work with our partners in agriculture. Thus, it's critical that programs such as the Conservation Reserve Program and Wetlands Reserve Program are adequately funded to sustain our traditions of waterfowl conservation and hunting.

Tell your House of Representatives members:

More than 70 percent of the nation’s native grasslands and 50 percent of wetlands have already been lost.
The rate of loss has been accelerated by unintended consequences of current agriculture policy and advanced technology.
Vote yes on Rep. Mike Thompson’s (CA) amendment to re-couple conservation compliance to crop insurance, a crucial step in conserving our remaining wetlands and grasslands.
They must pass a comprehensive 2013 Farm Bill to help conserve our nation’s remaining wetlands and grasslands.
You can reach your House representatives’ offices by calling (202) 224-3121 or sending the email

Go Here to find YOUR HOUSE OF REP Member

Thanks guys.
There is one key member of the house that I have heard will be the make or break on the conservation titles in the house but You must contact your own House Rep and advise said Support. I will confirm that info by the end of the week and send another Notice. It doesnt hurt to send him a personal e mail requesting his Support!

Posts: 912
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 5:26 pm
Location: NW IOWA

Remove Advertisements

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest