great venison recipe!

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

great venison recipe!

Postby DuckManClyde » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:17 pm

take one deer tenderloin, and make a butterfly cut

Add ( inside the slice ) pesto, powdered Parmesan, cream cheese, small amount of garlic salt.

Wrap that bad boy up in some bacon.

Then Grill it, to preferred wellness. ( i prefer it slightly more done that medium well)

Then Enjoy!
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Re: great venison recipe!

Postby MinnesotaBornKiller » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:32 pm

Ill try er out. Anything wrapped in bacon is good!
MinnesotaBornKiller
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:19 pm

Have you heard the phrase " you could wrap dog crap in bacon it'll still taste good!" ????
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:34 pm

Do the same recipe except add some uncooked pork sausage (bulk- not link) then truss up with the bacon and grill it. The sausage adds a different flavor profile with the cream cheese & garlic and is awesome!
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Postby MichaelT » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:00 am

DuckManClyde wrote:take one deer tenderloin, and make a butterfly cut

Add ( inside the slice ) pesto, powdered Parmesan, cream cheese, small amount of garlic salt.

Then Grill it, to preferred wellness. ( i prefer it slightly more done that medium well)

Then Enjoy!

I tried this last night and it was good. For one more blackstrap left and this is how I'm gonna do it!
MichaelT
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:51 pm

MichaelT wrote:

Then Enjoy!

I tried this last night and it was good. For one more blackstrap left and this is how I'm gonna do it!

it's also good if you do them like duck breasts....cream cheese, jalapeno, and onion filling, wrap in bacon, glaze with steens cane syrup last 2-3 minutes of cooking. :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Boatman » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:47 pm

Your kidding right.Y screw up a good tenderloin with all that crap. Unless you are killing a 5-8 year old monster,I make bologna out of them, why bother. Deer meat should always be eaten rare.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Postby Boatman » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:51 pm

MichaelT wrote:

Then Enjoy!

you don't butcher your own deer do you cuz if you did you would know they were Back straps not blackstraps:grin:

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Postby MichaelT » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:00 pm

Just had my last BACKSTRAP tonight, half into bacon wrapped medallions and the other half all doctored up. Both were very tasty. Medium rare for me. Now gotta wait for season to lay out some more, down to a couple packs of burger and some cube steak. I used to butcher my own but now I find it so much easier to let my processor do it for $30 and have t nice and all packaged up
MichaelT
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:13 pm

Boatman wrote:Your kidding right.Y screw up a good tenderloin with all that crap. Unless you are killing a 5-8 year old monster,I make bologna out of them, why bother. Deer meat should always be eaten rare.

Thats a matter of opinion, Do you complain about everything you add on a burger? And i dont know anyone who would say that bacon...is crap. If thats how you feel about people adding things to deer meat, you got alot of preaching to do on a Recipe/Cooking forum. just sayin.
DuckManClyde
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking