Deer Creek Lake

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Deer Creek Lake

Postby DUCK HUNTER123 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:51 am

Doe anyone on here hunt the lake or near the lake. I have recently bought some property to camp on by the lake and was reading up on the guide lines. Just thought I would pitch a line out to you guys.
DUCK HUNTER123
hunter

Re: Deer Creek Lake

Postby OrangeMilk » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:06 am

I was thinking of entering the drawings to have a blind there this year. It's near my fathers house so easy for us to get to from there.

Last year, with the drought, there was not point in hunting on the lake as it became a stream for the most part.

It does get drained down every year so you have o be able to move your blind, in mud, so I don't even know if that's a good idea. We were just looking there for the ease of the location.
If you see the ammo in my avatar on sale anywhere, please let me know, thanks.
OrangeMilk
hunter

Re: Deer Creek Lake

Postby DUCK HUNTER123 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:06 am

I was on the lake over the weekend as well. I was with some friends that have been on the lake for years and thet were telling me how low it gets every year. Let me know when this drawing is and Ill put my name in the hat with ya and at least one of us could get drawed for a blind. We could share, I will only get to hunt it a couple of times so it would work out better on your part. I will even help with a blind.
DUCK HUNTER123
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting