where to go for bands in pa

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

where to go for bands in pa

Postby decoy45 » Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:58 pm

Hello all iwas wondering if any knows where to go on eastern side of pa to get ducks and goose bands at ?
decoy45
Newb

Postby Woodywoodduck » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:29 am

There is a Place Down near Reading that Sells them pretty cheap!

:)

they will even put Special Lettering and Numbers on them for you and for a bit extra coat them Gold! :)
Our youth are the Back Bone to hunting of the Future. Teach them WELL!
Woodywoodduck
hunter

Postby Woodywoodduck » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:46 pm

Decoy,

Like I told you in the chat on the hunting pa site, you need to locate an area around you were the PGC has been banding birds!

My post above was just a Goofy off the wall reply.
You can buy Leg bands for Different type of birds from a Company that is located in or around Reading PA!

Don't give up, I didn't ask you how many years you been hunting Waterfowl.
I been at it for 15-20 years now and only shot 1 goose with a neck/leg band which was in 1991 and 2 woodducks this past early duck season.

My 1 buddy shot a Drake mallard 3 years ago that was baned by the Feds and also by a Preacher. the preachers band had on it, "this is a Creation of God, not to be killed and eaten"
LOL, That was SSSOOOOOOOOOOOOO WRONG Coming from a Preacher!
1 buddy shot a Double banded Drake Mallard last season!
Don't give up!

I hunt an area were the PGC bands ALOT of Birds.

It is just PLAIN LUCK!

Find an area were they are banding and you INCREASE your chances of shooting abanded birds.

Were in your area, I really can't tell you because i do not know were they Band birds down your way!

The best i can say is to ask around and see if your local WCO or some other Hunters will tell you were they band.

If you ever get the chance, and can find an area around you, find out when in late june they band the geese and help out, you will enjoy it and then get to find out some spots were you could look to shoot some banded birds that you may have over looked!

Good Luck!
Our youth are the Back Bone to hunting of the Future. Teach them WELL!
Woodywoodduck
hunter

banded birds

Postby Fili » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:27 pm

Last year was the fist year i hunted waterfowl. i shot a total of three geese, one of them was banded and another one of them was double banded with a $100 dollar reward band! Sometimes you get lucky.That got me hooked and here I am trying to learn as much as I can about the sport.

P.S. That was in Lebanon county.
Fili
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting