Traveling decoy

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Traveling decoy

Postby RNT~DuckCaller » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:49 am

Hey guys-

This season i was hoping to arrange a traveling decoy aross different areas of the state. I was hoping that anyone who takes the decoy on a trip would include a story of their hunt and a photograph including the decoy. At the end of the season i would make copies of all photos and stories of each hunt, and send them to anyone who participated. The decoy will start with me in miles city and will then be traveling to billings. I was hoping to arrange the rout from there with the final hunt back in miles city or billings.I have several great spots that I would welcome anyone to join me in returning the decoy. Any thoughts, suggestions, or hunters interested please comment.
RNT~DuckCaller
hunter

Re: Traveling decoy

Postby pmahler » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:55 am

ill try
pmahler
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:43 am

Me and PTroofer can take it to MI for olesquaw in Nov.
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby Big Sky » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:47 pm

I will help.
Big Sky
hunter

Postby RNT~DuckCaller » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:31 am

Thanks for the help. If linking up is an issue Im willing to mail it with a check to pay for returning it as well. It has a trip to Oregon and CA in December so I was hoping Phutch can take it in Nov and maybe send it you way Big Sky? like I said ill inclued all funding for postage.
RNT~DuckCaller
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:04 pm

Get it to PTroofer in Billings and he can pass it off to bigsky
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:07 pm

I can bring it back and give it to Bigsky.
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby Deer Lodge Josh » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:54 pm

I can grab it from Pete on one of his trips through Deer Lodge and add the upper clark fork valley for the decoy. Will get some good photos of it out on my place. I am sure it will have some good stories to go along with it. Hope it doesn't look too real. Came to blind one afternoon last fall to see a teal deke up in a bush by the pond. Darn eagle of hawk nailed it (dropped it quick) but always interesting.
Deer Lodge Josh
hunter

Postby Big Sky » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:16 pm

Ptroofer, just let me know when you are coming through and I'll grab it from you.
Big Sky
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:40 pm

I live in Billings so I will be coming through quite often!
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:40 am

Should ask the decoy if it wants to hunt South Central MT after Christmas. If it does I can arrange a good trip for it.
phutch30
hunter

Postby wingnutty » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:02 pm

It can hunt the mission valley if it wants to, but i expect it to chip in gas money.
wingnutty
hunter

Postby RNT~DuckCaller » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:29 am

Wow thanks guys looks like its going to get a lot of good hunts this year. PT sounds like you will be taking it first. When the season gets closer we can plan a day to exchange the decoy.
RNT~DuckCaller
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:04 pm

I have a epic coot slaughter planned, it can come with me then. I have eight egyption teak coot decoys, carved by a distant realitive of German SS soldier that he can jump in with. If you send him with Phutch, make sure any holes in the back half of the decoy are plugged or Phutch will plug them for you.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting