Duck Hunting Forum banner

2013 Teal season

4K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  missouriducks 
#1 ·
anyone know/heard when 2013 Teal opener will be? 7th or the 14th (of Sept)? my guess is the 7th?? didn't find it on MDC website yet.

also wondering if anyone tried Kent's Teal Steel last year and what you thought of it?

thanks

#2 ·
Wont know until august end of july meetings... I think its first of august when they set the dates..

#11 ·
My Missouri Conservationist says that September 7 is the teal opener. I don't know if that's final but i'm sure that's probably going to be it. Do others see other ducks during teal season? I'm nervous that I won't be able to tell if they are teal or other ducks coming in. This will be my first teal season and only second duck season.

#13 ·
B.E.Nelli said:
The only other one you have to worry about in Missouri that time of year are shovelers. In the early morning, they can look very similar in size and flight. Do some extra studying, cause you can bet the man will be checking hard the first week.
Shovelers? Try wood ducks. Practice your mud stompin skills if you can't identify a teal :yes:

#18 ·
where you planning on hunting teal at. this will be my first time targeting teal also. I was planning on hunting the Bk leach area.

bdub20 said:
My Missouri Conservationist says that September 7 is the teal opener. I don't know if that's final but i'm sure that's probably going to be it. Do others see other ducks during teal season? I'm nervous that I won't be able to tell if they are teal or other ducks coming in. This will be my first teal season and only second duck season.

#20 ·
Cliner said:
B.E.Nelli said:
The only other one you have to worry about in Missouri that time of year are shovelers. In the early morning, they can look very similar in size and flight. Do some extra studying, cause you can bet the man will be checking hard the first week.
Shovelers? Try wood ducks. Practice your mud stompin skills if you can't identify a teal :yes:
Yep mostly woodies but have had a few spoonies come in. You really shouldn't go out by yourself for the first time teal unless your with a vet who can identify. Depending on the sun it can be hard!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.