Treated myself!

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Treated myself!

Postby BonzaiDuck227 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:00 pm

I finally bit the bullet and made an investment to last a lifetime today. Stopped in at a local gun shop and picked up a brand new Benelli Super Vinci 12g 28" barrel in Max-4. Can't wait to get it out this duck and goose season! From what I have been reading I know I wont be disappointed! Just unsure on which aftermarket extended choke to buy for it, any input will be appreciated.
BonzaiDuck227
hunter

Re: Treated myself!

Postby big fish only » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:18 pm

CONGRATS!!!!!! its a beautiful gun! and get a mid range patternmaster and dont look back.

AW
big fish only
hunter

Postby EdS » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:24 am

I own and use Carlson's and TruLock extended choke tubes for several shotguns. In my opinion, Carlson's are the best quality at the best price. TurLocks are also the best quality, but at a higher price. -Ed
EdS
hunter

Postby Jon Bergren » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:28 am

Yep! You can buy 3 Carlsons for the price of a Patternmaster. The extended Carlsons perform very well for me. The Patterm is and excellent choke also but ask them if they have a choke theat will handle 1700 fps loads. Ned S
Jon Bergren
hunter

Postby MNjonboatguy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:18 pm

Congrats! I just got a vinci and loved it for spring snow geese.
I put a ported patternmaster choke (extended range) on mine and really enjoyed it for snow geese this spring and plan to use it for honkers and the last half of duck season.

I'm contemplating a different choke for early duck season, because I was absolutely roasting the snow geese that got inside 35 yards. I was really impressed with the patternmaster knocking them dead at 50 yards, but I wouldn't want to hit a wood duck or teal from 10 yards with that thing. Poof! I'll try the Improved Cylinder that came with it when duck season gets here and see what happens.
Longest off season ever
MNjonboatguy
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum