Trapshooting and hunting gun.

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Re: Trapshooting and hunting gun.

Postby mawtrfowler » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:57 pm

An 1100 Sporting is over $1000 NIB and has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. The question is about bargain o/u's. Semi's and pumps don't experience the same wear as a break action.
mawtrfowler
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:04 pm

I remember my fist O/U trap gun that I purchased from Longs Drugs store, here in Reno.
It was a Churchill 12 Ga. and I thought it shot quite well for the price.

I shot the heck out of this shotgun before I could get enough money to get a nice Beretta.
I did not mind taking the low grade out into the bush after duck or upland but the high dollar
O/U's only hit the trap fields.

Nothing like a pump or old A-5 for field work........... got to give the old timers, equal time, you know.
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby Anthonyl » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:27 am

I have a CZ Canvasback O/U and use it for Trap, Sporting Clays, and duck hunting. I'd guess I have 2,500 rounds through it and it has performed flawlessly. Not a single hiccup, nada... and I've shot multiple loads through it, both 2 3/4 and well as 3". I clean it after each use as well. Works for me...
Anthonyl
hunter

Postby mudpack » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:46 am

Anthonyl wrote:I have a CZ Canvasback O/U and use it for Trap, Sporting Clays, and duck hunting. I'd guess I have 2,500 rounds through it and it has performed flawlessly. Not a single hiccup, nada... and I've shot multiple loads through it, both 2 3/4 and well as 3". I clean it after each use as well. Works for me...

Sounds like your CZ is enough gun for you.
A serious target shooter would consider 2500 rounds to be half a year's practice. That's why serious target shooters don't shoot $500 guns.....or $1000 guns. If the OP plans to shoot two or three rounds of targets, twice a year, then a Turkish/Russian gun might work for him. It depends on the amount of use the gun will be subjected to.
No competent gunsmith will contend that a CZ (or similarly priced gun) is as good quality, or will be as reliable, as a Browning, Beretta, Perazzi, Kolar, Kreighoff, Blazer, etc. Especially one who shoots an entry-level skeet gun like the 1100.
mudpack
hunter

Postby kbooger » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:29 pm

mudpack wrote:
Anthonyl wrote:I have a CZ Canvasback O/U and use it for Trap, Sporting Clays, and duck hunting. I'd guess I have 2,500 rounds through it and it has performed flawlessly. Not a single hiccup, nada... and I've shot multiple loads through it, both 2 3/4 and well as 3". I clean it after each use as well. Works for me...

Sounds like your CZ is enough gun for you.
A serious target shooter would consider 2500 rounds to be half a year's practice. That's why serious target shooters don't shoot $500 guns.....or $1000 guns. If the OP plans to shoot two or three rounds of targets, twice a year, then a Turkish/Russian gun might work for him. It depends on the amount of use the gun will be subjected to.
No competent gunsmith will contend that a CZ (or similarly priced gun) is as good quality, or will be as reliable, as a Browning, Beretta, Perazzi, Kolar, Kreighoff, Blazer, etc. Especially one who shoots an entry-level skeet gun like the 1100.

Would a serious target shooter really be asking about CZ at all?
kbooger
hunter

Previous

Return to Shotgun Forum