Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby Bailey22 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:32 pm

I JUST SAW THAT THE DUCKMEN SIGNED WITH MOSSBERG! What are your thoughts on this move.....
Bailey22
hunter

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby mudpack » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:07 pm

Some thoughts available here:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=231954
mudpack
hunter

Postby Specklebelly » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:09 pm

Bailey22 wrote:I JUST SAW THAT THE DUCKMEN SIGNED WITH MOSSBERG! What are your thoughts on this move.....

This is good for Mossberg. Like them or not but D.C. has a big following (not from me). I hunted with a guy one time that told me "he only uses what the Duck Commander uses". This was his choice for guns, waders, chokes......etc. Needless to say he was a young college kid and a Marketing Departments dream. I didn't have the heart to tell him that the D.C. only uses that stuff because he was paid a lot of money to.
I love my SP-10
Specklebelly
hunter

Postby z51 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:30 pm

I think it's a match made in heaven! Low end all the way. :lol3:
z51
hunter

Postby Jon Bergren » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:20 pm

I have shot an 835 for a year and owned a 935 for about seven years. None of the high priced guns can outpattern the 935. The only thing I have found is a Hastings Barrel/Chokes that will out pattern it, then only by a few per cent. Both have awesome patterns and my 935 runs almots all my reloads 100 fps faster. 7/8 oz of B's at 1865 fps is awesome. It will penetrate to kill to 80 yds. Ned S
Jon Bergren
hunter

Postby The Drake » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:14 pm

Low end guns that like to jam alot........but its anything for money right now for the DC Gang
The Drake
hunter

Postby g_maxson » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:42 pm

Street cred is dropping. I hate Walmart but had a gift card, so while shopping the other day saw this in their eye glass area. Had to laugh, when is enough enough. Image

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
g_maxson
hunter

Postby MarkM » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:24 pm

Jon Bergren wrote:I have shot an 835 for a year and owned a 935 for about seven years. None of the high priced guns can outpattern the 935. The only thing I have found is a Hastings Barrel/Chokes that will out pattern it, then only by a few per cent. Both have awesome patterns and my 935 runs almots all my reloads 100 fps faster. 7/8 oz of B's at 1865 fps is awesome. It will penetrate to kill to 80 yds. Ned S

I am still waiting to see proof of the "100 FPS faster" that you claim. All I ever find is you saying the same thing on different forums under different names.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:59 pm

MarkM wrote:I am still waiting to see proof of the "100 FPS faster" that you claim. All I ever find is you saying the same thing on different forums under different names.

Obama would admit he was wrong before Ned would. He has spewed the same claims for so long, I think even he believes it. The man can work on new'clear warheads, engineer with the best of them, but can't post a picture on the interwebs, give me a break. He just loves being the go to guy. Nothing he has said has been relevant in yrs.

I have an Optima Bore + barrel and it patterns every bit as good as the 935. I have spent the last 3 weeks patterning every load and choke I have, other than needing 1 choke tighter to achieve the same pattern density, they are virtually a wash.
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby Bandedbrothers » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:20 pm

DC is taking things way to far I think, I mean every where I go I see a post of them or doing something to get more and more money. It seems to me they are more worried about getting money than enjoying the concept of duck hunting. You don't need money to go out and enjoy the great outdoors. In Addition, How many newbies do you think this year will bring us since this show has aired? I have had some many people who never even cared about duck hunting come up to me and ask if I will take them. So obviously I ask why? All the responses I get are because of the show Duck dynasty, Its getting annoying. We all know if any newbie does what we do they will not last the first month out there in the weather condition and not getting any sleep. Ill pass on DC!
Bandedbrothers
hunter

Postby MarkM » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:45 pm

Bandedbrothers wrote:DC is taking things way to far I think, I mean every where I go I see a post of them or doing something to get more and more money. It seems to me they are more worried about getting money than enjoying the concept of duck hunting. You don't need money to go out and enjoy the great outdoors. In Addition, How many newbies do you think this year will bring us since this show has aired? I have had some many people who never even cared about duck hunting come up to me and ask if I will take them. So obviously I ask why? All the responses I get are because of the show Duck dynasty, Its getting annoying. We all know if any newbie does what we do they will not last the first month out there in the weather condition and not getting any sleep. Ill pass on DC!

If it means more people buy a waterfowl stamp to act like them, then I am all for it.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby MarkM » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:46 pm

orphanedcowboy wrote:Obama would admit he was wrong before Ned would. He has spewed the same claims for so long, I think even he believes it. The man can work on new'clear warheads, engineer with the best of them, but can't post a picture on the interwebs, give me a break. He just loves being the go to guy. Nothing he has said has been relevant in yrs.

I have an Optima Bore + barrel and it patterns every bit as good as the 935. I have spent the last 3 weeks patterning every load and choke I have, other than needing 1 choke tighter to achieve the same pattern density, they are virtually a wash.

I agree with you on that. I would hate to go to battle with Jon or Ned, whichever he is calling himself for the day. Is able to hit a goose in the head with a single BB for the kill shot out to 80.6 yards...

Dude is deadly.

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby z51 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:05 pm

MarkM wrote:
Bandedbrothers wrote:DC is taking things way to far I think, I mean every where I go I see a post of them or doing something to get more and more money. It seems to me they are more worried about getting money than enjoying the concept of duck hunting. You don't need money to go out and enjoy the great outdoors. In Addition, How many newbies do you think this year will bring us since this show has aired? I have had some many people who never even cared about duck hunting come up to me and ask if I will take them. So obviously I ask why? All the responses I get are because of the show Duck dynasty, Its getting annoying. We all know if any newbie does what we do they will not last the first month out there in the weather condition and not getting any sleep. Ill pass on DC!

If it means more people buy a waterfowl stamp to act like them, then I am all for it.

Maybe so, but I have to deal with enough dumbasses where I hunt without having people act like these clowns.
z51
hunter

Postby O.D.Lid » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:17 pm

Here Here or is it hear hear?!! buy more stamps go out when the weather is nice then stay home the rest of the season. in a year or two sell off all their stuff for cheap cause duck hunting just wasn't their thing! :biggrin: :lol:
If the ocean was made of WHISKEY and I was a DUCK I'd swim to the bottom and get all F!@#% up!
O.D.Lid
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:10 pm

I hunt private, but less than 200yds from my fence is public, not to mention the river. Last winter, I saw a guy had a woodie spread that would rival any diver set-up, except for the 3 spinners. And he wailed on a wood duck call for a solid hr. We shot our 4 man limit and I walked over and checked it out, dude was head to toe brand new everything.

Sent from my Tesla coil
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby ohio mike » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:56 am

Everybody on here was a Newbie at one time. Just because someone is new doesn't make em stupid. In the 59 years I've been hunting I guess I've been more inclined to help the less educated then make fun of them. Sure am glad my Dad and Grandad didn't think I was stupid.
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby Jon Bergren » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:24 am

MarkM wrote:
Jon Bergren wrote:I have shot an 835 for a year and owned a 935 for about seven years. None of the high priced guns can outpattern the 935. The only thing I have found is a Hastings Barrel/Chokes that will out pattern it, then only by a few per cent. Both have awesome patterns and my 935 runs almots all my reloads 100 fps faster. 7/8 oz of B's at 1865 fps is awesome. It will penetrate to kill to 80 yds. Ned S

I am still waiting to see proof of the "100 FPS faster" that you claim. All I ever find is you saying the same thing on different forums under different names.

Proof??????? You have to own a Chrony. If I took a picture of the velocity reading you would say proove it as you shot a pistol bullet. Others have posted the same on velocity using chrony with a 935. It's immaterial to me whether you believe it. Phil and his gang know what they are doing. Probably had too many problems with their Italian over priced guns. My 935 also shoots RSI 75 with a 1640 fps velocity using the MM shotcup. That's 90 fps more. Ned S.
Jon Bergren
hunter

Postby MarkM » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:35 am

Jon Bergren wrote:
MarkM wrote:

Proof??????? You have to own a Chrony. If I took a picture of the velocity reading you would say proove it as you shot a pistol bullet. Others have posted the same on velocity using chrony with a 935. It's immaterial to me whether you believe it. Phil and his gang know what they are doing. Probably had too many problems with their Italian over priced guns. My 935 also shoots RSI 75 with a 1640 fps velocity using the MM shotcup. That's 90 fps more. Ned S.

You are correct Jon, others have posted proof. You on different forums under the Ned or Jon name counts as different people correct?

I highly doubt that they switched because they read your "proof of faster shots".

Maybe they wanted to switch because they want to support an American made firearm.

Snap a small little video of a shot out of your 935 and a different gun with the chrono in the frame and lets see.

Until then, quit feeding this crap to people about a Mossberg shooting faster.

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby z51 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:38 am

O.D.Lid wrote:Here Here or is it hear hear?!! buy more stamps go out when the weather is nice then stay home the rest of the season. in a year or two sell off all their stuff for cheap cause duck hunting just wasn't their thing! :biggrin: :lol:

Wish it were so but it doesn't get cold enough enough here I guess. Nope, they wait for the migration like lots of hunters who don't have much time off. I guess we get more than our share. Maybe they figure even if t hey can't kill them at home, it must be easier in Arkansas.
z51
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:09 am

ohio mike wrote:Everybody on here was a Newbie at one time. Just because someone is new doesn't make em stupid. In the 59 years I've been hunting I guess I've been more inclined to help the less educated then make fun of them. Sure am glad my Dad and Grandad didn't think I was stupid.

I tried to help him, even offered to let him hunt a couple of times with us, but he seen it all done it all.

I see a lot of new hunters in the first few weeks of the season, those that keep coming back I try to help, but you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby Jon Bergren » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:17 am

MarkM wrote:
Jon Bergren wrote:
MarkM wrote:

You are correct Jon, others have posted proof. You on different forums under the Ned or Jon name counts as different people correct?

I highly doubt that they switched because they read your "proof of faster shots".

Maybe they wanted to switch because they want to support an American made firearm.

Snap a small little video of a shot out of your 935 and a different gun with the chrono in the frame and lets see.

You must do selective forum reading as others with a 935 have reported the same. Per usual you are insinuating I'm a liar. It's your problem not mine. Ned S
Jon Bergren
hunter

Postby MarkM » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:28 am

Jon Bergren wrote:
MarkM wrote:
Jon Bergren wrote:
MarkM wrote:

You must do selective forum reading as others with a 935 have reported the same. Per usual you are insinuating I'm a liar. It's your problem not mine. Ned S

Tell you what Jon, find one.

I would think Mossberg would use that as a marketing tool if it was true, as they should know their gun better than anyone else.

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby MarkM » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:37 am

Tell you what John Ned Swygard , I will do some searching real fast and here is what I found.

Ned S wrote:(Posted on Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:24 pm)
I shoot 2 3/4" 7/8 oz of 4's in mine as long as they are going 1550 fps or faster. Also my 935 cycles 2 3/4" 1 oz of steel 3's just fine. I dove hunt also with mine using 7/8 oz of steel 6's at around 1800 fps. Ned S

Ned S wrote:(Posted on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:39 am)
The 930 is not overbored. The 935 will give you great patterns. I shoot the 2 3/4" Lightning Steel loads at around 1824 fps when the recipe says 1724 fps.(a lot of other mess typed, didn't want to flood this page.)

That is just two of your over 8,000 posts you had on that account before it got locked.

Should I keep going?

P.S. Have you ever looked at the google maps of the lake by you? It is covered in birds...

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby Jon Bergren » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:53 am

MarkM wrote:Tell you what John Ned Swygard , I will do some searching real fast and here is what I found.

I shoot 2 3/4" 7/8 oz of 4's in mine as long as they are going 1550 fps or faster. Also my 935 cycles 2 3/4" 1 oz of steel 3's just fine. I dove hunt also with mine using 7/8 oz of steel 6's at around 1800 fps. Ned S

The 930 is not overbored. The 935 will give you great patterns. I shoot the 2 3/4" Lightning Steel loads at around 1824 fps when the recipe says 1724 fps.(a lot of other mess typed, didn't want to flood this page.)

That is just two of your over 8,000 posts you had on that account before it got locked.

Should I keep going?

P.S. Have you ever looked at the google maps of the lake by you? It is covered in birds...

You are still insinuating I am a liar. Ned S
Jon Bergren
hunter

Postby MarkM » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:55 am

Jon Bergren wrote:
MarkM wrote:Tell you what John Ned Swygard , I will do some searching real fast and here is what I found.

Should I keep going?

You are still insinuating I am a liar. Ned S

No I am asking for proof that is someone other than you. You tout the Mossberg 935 more than anyone I know, yet when someone asks a simple question, you get defensive.

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Next

Return to Shotgun Forum