Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby Jon Bergren » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:15 pm

DuckManClyde wrote:We should start a topic on the shotgun forum, purely to post pics of our patterns and see if Ned's really does out pattern " all other guns". Would we all have to shoot the same kind of shell? How about 7.5 or 8?

You are 10 yrs too late and I have never posted a pattern. Anyone can get good patterns with 7 1/2 and 8's. With steel at over 1700 fps separates the men from the boys. Also as I have posted many times, my 1100 with a Hastings barell outpatterns the 935. Ned S the young 84 yr old who's patterning days are over.
Jon Bergren
hunter

Postby The Drake » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:49 pm

With so many other much much better automatics being made today why cheat yourself with a 935 that is balanced terribly, proven to be very unreliable, doesnt shoot 1 oz trap loads, etc......Many of the dealers in my neck of the woods stopped selling 935's. Too many unhappy customers.
The Drake
hunter

Postby cootlover » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:08 pm

Ned cootlover wouldn't waste his money on a Mossberg sorry I like nice shotguns :thumbsup:
cootlover
hunter

Postby duckslayer74 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:33 pm

cootlover wrote:Ned cootlover wouldn't waste his money on a Mossberg sorry I like nice shotguns :thumbsup:

Just wastes money on Benelli's. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Mossberg's are best used as boat paddles, not a good way to invest money.
Winchester SX2 12ga, SX3 20ga, Kicks Highflyer and Terror chokes.
duckslayer74
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:44 pm

The Drake wrote:Over and over and over......Damn its like a broken record

What! You following an elder all over cyberspace (15 years, and counting) to harrass him? :no:
Last edited by Yuchi1 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:46 pm

Isn't the Mossberg pump (500 series) what the USMC guys carry?

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby Jon Bergren » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:29 am

cootlover wrote:Ned cootlover wouldn't waste his money on a Mossberg sorry I like nice shotguns :thumbsup:

Yep! You have to be smarter than the gun. They still out pattern any gun made and shoot the shells 100 fps faster. At least mine does., but I'm smarter than my 935. Ned S
Jon Bergren
hunter

Postby Idaho Savage » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:35 pm

I owned a Mossberg Silver Pigeon 20 gauge O/U for four years for upland. It fit great, shot well, etc. The firing pin fractured last year after only four years, though. You get what you pay for, I suppose, but I don't which is worse: Beating the hell out of an expensive upland gun that you worry about or just buying a new $500 gun every five years. I replaced it with a Remington auto loader this year so we'll see what happens.

On the other hand, this will be the 14th season of 50+ days for my Binelli SBE 1. I can count the number of times it's jammed on one hand but I decided to give it some love this summer. An OD Green/Flat Earth Cerakoting and new spring in her and she looks, feels and fires like a brand new gun. Simply impossible to beat and I'm bummed SBE's now look like Star Trek guns.
Idaho Savage
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:35 am

Idaho Savage wrote:I owned a Mossberg Silver Pigeon 20 gauge O/U for four years for upland. It fit great, shot well, etc. The firing pin fractured last year after only four years, though. You get what you pay for, I suppose, but I don't which is worse: Beating the hell out of an expensive upland gun that you worry about or just buying a new $500 gun every five years. I replaced it with a Remington auto loader this year so we'll see what happens.

On the other hand, this will be the 14th season of 50+ days for my Binelli SBE 1. I can count the number of times it's jammed on one hand but I decided to give it some love this summer. An OD Green/Flat Earth Cerakoting and new spring in her and she looks, feels and fires like a brand new gun. Simply impossible to beat and I'm bummed SBE's now look like Star Trek guns.

Silver pigeon is a beretta...
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby Idaho Savage » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:52 pm

DuckManClyde wrote:
Idaho Savage wrote:I owned a Mossberg Silver Pigeon 20 gauge O/U for four years for upland. It fit great, shot well, etc. The firing pin fractured last year after only four years, though. You get what you pay for, I suppose, but I don't which is worse: Beating the hell out of an expensive upland gun that you worry about or just buying a new $500 gun every five years. I replaced it with a Remington auto loader this year so we'll see what happens.

Silver pigeon is a beretta...

Then the Mossberg is a Clay Pigeon.

Sorry..I meant Silver Reserve.
Idaho Savage
hunter

Postby mudpack » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:20 am

Idaho Savage wrote: Mossberg Silver (Reserve) 20 gauge O/U for four years for upland. It fit great, shot well, etc. The firing pin fractured last year after only four years, though. You get what you pay for,

You got a good one.
Guy I used to shoot with bought one and the firing pin broke after four weeks. He says buying that gun was the worst decision he made that year. :biggrin:
mudpack
hunter

Postby mudpack » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:21 am

Yuchi1 wrote:What! You following an elder all over cyberspace (15 years, and counting) to harrass him? :no:

Someone needs to keep ol' ned honest.....if that's possible.
We all owe a debt of gratitude to the Drake.
mudpack
hunter

Postby cbrauly » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:48 pm

I have a 835 I've had for 20 years. It is my back up gun now, but still love it. It has a great pattern.

Money talks. I don't fault them
cbrauly
hunter

Postby A5Gunner » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:24 am

mudpack wrote:
Yuchi1 wrote:What! You following an elder all over cyberspace (15 years, and counting) to harrass him? :no:

Follow him? No, you can't get away from his posts. :lol3: Seriously, I try to respect my elders but enough is enough. Please, no more wih the super fast steel killing mile high elephants. I just can't take any more. :fingerhead:
You ain't right.......kinda touched in the head.
A5Gunner
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:44 pm

A5Gunner wrote:
mudpack wrote:

Follow him? No, you can't get away from his posts. :lol3: Seriously, I try to respect my elders but enough is enough. Please, no more wih the super fast steel killing mile high elephants. I just can't take any more. :fingerhead:

:grooving: :grooving: :grooving: :grooving: :grooving: :grooving: :grooving: :grooving: :grooving: :grooving:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby mnbirdkiller429 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:30 pm

I'm new to this site. I was googling duck commander mossberg and read your forum. When I was a kid my dad had one of the first 835's. Why I don't know because I never seen him hunt for any birds. Having a dad that wasn't a waterfowl hunter I didn't waterfowl hunt. When I was 20 I moved to Phoenix AZ and didn't hunt anything for many years. Dad was diagnosed with cancer when I was 29 and I came back to MN to help out on the family farm. I immersed myself in mn wildlife. I bought a small boat and fished like I had never fished before. I hunted whitetail deer like I had when I was a kid. A friend of mine was hard up and needed money for christmas presents and sold me an old mossberg 500AB . I started shooting clays and my love for shotguns grew. The next fall I went out and got a 835 and started goose hunting and was instantly addicted. I love my 835 and shot 1000s of shells through it at geese, clays and a few turkeys. This year I went out and got a 935 and duck hunted for the first time. Opening morning the ducks dropped like rain. I went with my girlfriends brother and his friends. Before we started the hunt everyone there asked what kind of gun I had and said with pride a mossberg auto mag. I was laughed at and told how worthless a mossberg was. After duck 6 or 7 someone asked me how much I had paid for it. 2 weeks later that guy purchased his own and loves it as much as I love mine. Did duck dynasty get me to duck hunt? No peer pressure did I was suppose to work that morning. I called into work while calls were being blown into and shots were going off and said I wouldn't be in that morning I was duck hunting. You guys can call Duck Commander sell outs for switching brands. I agree with them an American family company using an American family built firearm. Will I buy a Duck Commander Mossberg? I plan on it with great anticipation. The girlfriend needs a 12 ga and she will get a 500 or 835 of her own. She shoots clays with me alot not much of a hunter. Old Phil sat in his little shed and made duck calls and worked very hard 40 years ago and is now living the American dream. I say good for all the Robertsons. I'm glad some down to earth nature loving redneck folks with a love for their country and our future are in the spotlight. The show entertains me. Its nice to see a show without alot of cursing and bleeps that portraits people like myself having as much fun as they can and living life to the fullest.
mnbirdkiller429
Newb

Postby Hunterhog » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:44 pm

The Drake wrote:Low end guns that like to jam alot........but its anything for money right now for the DC Gang

Yep. My dad's hunting partner and my grandfather's partner both had Mossbergs for a while and had horrible, ongoing problems with jamming. Dad's partner went out and got a Browning Citori and my g-father's partner broke down and got a SBE and neither ever looked back.

Good for Mossberg. Like someone said above, DC has a big following who do/buy whatever they put their name on, so no doubt it'll pay off (literally) for Mossberg.
Hunterhog
hunter

Postby Elvis Kiwi » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:00 pm

mnbirdkiller429 wrote:I'm new to this site. I was googling duck commander mossberg and read your forum. When I was a kid my dad had one of the first 835's. Why I don't know because I never seen him hunt for any birds. Having a dad that wasn't a waterfowl hunter I didn't waterfowl hunt. When I was 20 I moved to Phoenix AZ and didn't hunt anything for many years. Dad was diagnosed with cancer when I was 29 and I came back to MN to help out on the family farm. I immersed myself in mn wildlife. I bought a small boat and fished like I had never fished before. I hunted whitetail deer like I had when I was a kid. A friend of mine was hard up and needed money for christmas presents and sold me an old mossberg 500AB . I started shooting clays and my love for shotguns grew. The next fall I went out and got a 835 and started goose hunting and was instantly addicted. I love my 835 and shot 1000s of shells through it at geese, clays and a few turkeys. This year I went out and got a 935 and duck hunted for the first time. Opening morning the ducks dropped like rain. I went with my girlfriends brother and his friends. Before we started the hunt everyone there asked what kind of gun I had and said with pride a mossberg auto mag. I was laughed at and told how worthless a mossberg was. After duck 6 or 7 someone asked me how much I had paid for it. 2 weeks later that guy purchased his own and loves it as much as I love mine. Did duck dynasty get me to duck hunt? No peer pressure did I was suppose to work that morning. I called into work while calls were being blown into and shots were going off and said I wouldn't be in that morning I was duck hunting. You guys can call Duck Commander sell outs for switching brands. I agree with them an American family company using an American family built firearm. Will I buy a Duck Commander Mossberg? I plan on it with great anticipation. The girlfriend needs a 12 ga and she will get a 500 or 835 of her own. She shoots clays with me alot not much of a hunter. Old Phil sat in his little shed and made duck calls and worked very hard 40 years ago and is now living the American dream. I say good for all the Robertsons. I'm glad some down to earth nature loving redneck folks with a love for their country and our future are in the spotlight. The show entertains me. Its nice to see a show without alot of cursing and bleeps that portraits people like myself having as much fun as they can and living life to the fullest.

well said that man. :thumbsup:
Elvis Kiwi
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:50 pm

Yuchi1 wrote:Isn't the Mossberg pump (500 series) what the USMC guys carry?

Yeah, but any company can make a decent pump gun. The better question is, "who makes the autos they carry?". :thumbsup:
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby MSparks909 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:59 pm

clampdaddy wrote:

Yeah, but any company can make a decent pump gun. The better question is, "who makes the autos they carry?". :thumbsup:

Benelli M4
MSparks909
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:17 pm

MSparks909 wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:

Benelli M4

Bingo!
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:15 pm

clampdaddy wrote:

Oh yeah, and the USMC specs call for a "decent pump" ? :rolleyes:

BTW, a good friend I hunt with (currently, not on active duty status with the Corps) as well as my son (DAV/USA) have the same opinion(s) of the M4, when it came to actual combat situations...a walk in a cow pasture will give you an idea of those opinions.

BTW, I have a covey of Benelli's and no Mossbergs in the battery.

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:12 pm

Yuchi1 wrote:. Oh yeah, and the USMC specs call for a "decent pump" ? :rolleyes:

The Mossbergs they carry aren't the same ones you'd go and buy at your local sporting goods store. Same issue with the 870's that most police forces use.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:33 am

clampdaddy wrote:
Yuchi1 wrote:. Oh yeah, and the USMC specs call for a "decent pump" ? :rolleyes:

The Mossbergs they carry aren't the same ones you'd go and buy at your local sporting goods store. Same issue with the 870's that most police forces use.

Really? nno!: I happen to own a 870WM that was initially LE issue (sold as surplus) and it is in no way functionally different from the other (non LE issue) 870WM's I own.

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:38 am

clampdaddy wrote:
MSparks909 wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:

Benelli M4

Bingo!

haha saw this, i want one for flock shooting, with legal shell limit of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dibSfoBtGU
DuckManClyde
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Shotgun Forum