Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby Jonny4523 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:48 am

I don't understand the hate towards the show. I love it. How can you not like SI? It's an entertaining show and I like how they try to promote the importance of faith and family. That, and I'm jealous at the amount of land they seem to have to play on.
Jonny4523
hunter

Postby Specklebelly » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:50 am

DuckmanOK wrote:
TrapperRob wrote:I'm considering buying one, just to piss off the haters. I'll give it to my wife as a birthday present. She loves duck dynasty!!!

Hey not a bad idea. Here yo go wife !

But reality, I now have another gun!!! :-). Can't have too many

That is a great idea. I may just do the same.
I love my SP-10
Specklebelly
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:42 am

Jonny4523 wrote:I don't understand the hate towards the show. I love it. How can you not like SI? It's an entertaining show and I like how they try to promote the importance of faith and family. That, and I'm jealous at the amount of land they seem to have to play on.

Right!?! Phil has 40 different blinds throughout there 100s of acres. That's gotta make for great duck hunting!
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby Jon Bergren » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:09 am

I'll wager that the Robinsons will be shooting 935's, they know that it is one of the best patterning guns on the market. Willie and family was here in Amarillo doing Mission work. Great christian family. Ned S
Jon Bergren
hunter

Postby bshaver » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:04 am

I'm gonna wager that the duckmen signed with mossberg to complete their duck commander kitchen line. It's just good marketing, in the spring you can use them 935s as tomato stakes, then come duck season, you can pick the last of your tomatoes, and go duck hunting.
bshaver
hunter

Postby bshaver » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:18 am

Ned, serious is that why that 935 is out patterning and shooting 100 fps faster than the rest of us and blowing 4 shot clean through ducks at 75 yards? I think your cheating and boring that thing out every spring by driving that sucker in the ground with a sledgehammer. You keep it up and your gonna have to buy 10 gauge shells for that whoopin stick. Quit cheating and give us other guys a chance at em. :fingerpt:
bshaver
hunter

Postby bshaver » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:38 am

I do have a mossberg 935 that I've shot a bunch of turkeys with, no offense to mossbergs, good shooting guns at a good price.
bshaver
hunter

Postby papagoosehtr » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:05 pm

love duck dynasty personaly don't care what they shoot wouldn't sway me. love the faith and family aspect of the show and honestly who wouldn't capitalize on their name if they could?
papagoosehtr
hunter

Postby Bodycamp13 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:31 pm

mudpack wrote:
Bodycamp13 wrote:I had a 935. I never had a single jam out of it. I actually wish I still had it.

Then why don't you still have it?

The reasons the Robertsons went with Mossberg are probably many, but you can bet the main reason is that A. O. Mossberg and Sons sent a lawyer to them saying "We'll pay you X amount (probably XXX,XXX amount) to endorse our product."

Not a bad reason.

I sold it to buy a Benelli that I ended uo not caring for and sold and then...

It's a disease (gun trading) and I am infected.
Larry
aka Bodycamp13
Beretta 682 Gold with 31" barrels
Bodycamp13
hunter

Postby buckmeister » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:22 am

I love the Mossberg over-bored (10 gauge barrel) If they can incorporate that good pattern potential into a better handling gun that was of better quality. I might consider such a gun. Not that the 935 is not good but I had to take mine completely apart and clean it before it would function properly. Beyond what one would have to do with an SBII or SX3 etc.
"Give me liberty or give me death"
buckmeister
hunter

Postby Jon Bergren » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:26 am

You are suppose to take apart and clean all new guns, no big deal. The 935 still outpatterns all other guns and the velocities are also faster. Ned S
Jon Bergren
hunter

Postby killingtime » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:14 pm

not really shure about auto,s in the mossy,line but used a 500 in usmc, liked it so much got my own,still own it 17+ years ,beat up ,boat paddle,been in salt water,rain,funny never ,not shot,shuck,and no part,s replaced. now own 4 ,2,835,s 2,500,s not bad mouthing anybody,s gun, but on more than hunt seen the forearm off some gun,s that start with a B,and W and R ,mostly auto,s and if u watch duck men vid,s u will see alot what look,s like A5,s
killingtime
hunter

Postby brock2013 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:49 pm

papagoosehtr wrote:love duck dynasty personaly don't care what they shoot wouldn't sway me. love the faith and family aspect of the show and honestly who wouldn't capitalize on their name if they could?

I also love the duckmen, all these people who bash them would do the same thing in there shoes. I mean if I could make millions off hunting and building duck calls and making a show where I get to hang out with my family and friends all day I would love it. I think everyone on this forum would do the same in there position. Also you can't find a show with better respect and morals than duck dynasty. They try to show you to respect others, they are down to earth Christians and what other shows do you see a family meal at the end and a prayer. IMO you can't beat the show because of these reasons.
brock2013
hunter

Postby recoil slinger » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:20 pm

brock2013 wrote:
papagoosehtr wrote:love duck dynasty personaly don't care what they shoot wouldn't sway me. love the faith and family aspect of the show and honestly who wouldn't capitalize on their name if they could?

I also love the duckmen, all these people who bash them would do the same thing in there shoes. I mean if I could make millions off hunting and building duck calls and making a show where I get to hang out with my family and friends all day I would love it. I think everyone on this forum would do the same in there position. Also you can't find a show with better respect and morals than duck dynasty. They try to show you to respect others, they are down to earth Christians and what other shows do you see a family meal at the end and a prayer. IMO you can't beat the show because of these reasons.

Brock....well put brother :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Boy, duck hunting is for fags and pirates. And I know your no pirate
vice president of back bay blind retrieval association.
IM YOUR HUCKLEBERRY
recoil slinger
hunter

Postby brock2013 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:16 am

brock2013
hunter

Postby Brody123 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:45 am

recoil slinger wrote:
brock2013 wrote:

Brock....well put brother :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Amen brother - Amen . :smile:
Brody123
hunter

Postby ibedamn » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:15 pm

I just wonder what percentage of people actually purchase a shotgun or any gun for that matter due to a TV endorsement? We all are affected someway or the other by TV commercials whether we admit it or not. Deodorant is one thing, but a shotgun is more personal and needs to fit in my way of thinking. Obviously it must work or Mossberg wouldn't spend the bucks. It also goes well with their ties to Wal-Mart, you don't find may Benelli's on their shelves.
ibedamn
hunter

Postby Kasilofchrisn » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:39 pm

ibedamn wrote:I just wonder what percentage of people actually purchase a shotgun or any gun for that matter due to a TV endorsement? We all are affected someway or the other by TV commercials whether we admit it or not. Deodorant is one thing, but a shotgun is more personal and needs to fit in my way of thinking. Obviously it must work or Mossberg wouldn't spend the bucks. It also goes well with their ties to Wal-Mart, you don't find may Benelli's on their shelves.

Who drinks a Coke or eats at McDonalds just because they see it on the hood of a Nascar racecar?
I won't drink or eat something I don't like the taste of but the ads must work.
I think because this show has led more people to duck hunting many of these new hunters will purchase the gear their favorite TV personalities use.At least in the beginning anyway.
Kasilofchrisn
hunter

Postby Frank Lopez » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:39 am

buckmeister wrote:I love the Mossberg over-bored (10 gauge barrel) If they can incorporate that good pattern potential into a better handling gun that was of better quality. I might consider such a gun. Not that the 935 is not good but I had to take mine completely apart and clean it before it would function properly. Beyond what one would have to do with an SBII or SX3 etc.

Bingo! While I do think that the Mossberg quality (especially the X35 series guns) is acceptable (it certainly isn't a Purdey), the handling characteristics could be improved.

Frank
I feel slightly sorry for a man who has never patterned his gun, who has no idea how far his chosen load will retain killing penetration. But I'm extremely sorry for the ducks he shoots at beyond the killing range of his gun and load - Bob Brister
Frank Lopez
hunter

Postby O.D.Lid » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:43 pm

they might of signed with mossberg but so far this season they haven't even shouldered a shot gun. let's see they got married and dated a phantom :mad: :fingerpt: girl what's this got to do with hunting or ducks or anything :fingerhead: they should change the name of this ridiculous sit com :mad: nno!: nno!: nno!: nno!: :lame: :lame: :ditto:you can't spell stupid without S-I
If the ocean was made of WHISKEY and I was a DUCK I'd swim to the bottom and get all F!@#% up!
O.D.Lid
hunter

Postby Kasilofchrisn » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:14 pm

SInce when was this show all about duck hunting?
I thought it was about the robertson family and the business they run. They just happen to manufacture duck calls.
If you want a duck hunting show try the outdoor channel.
If you want a wholesome, funny, family oriented show that occasionaly features duck hunting tune into Duck Dynasty on A&E.
Kasilofchrisn
hunter

Postby cootlover » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:33 pm

Ned have you shot every gun out there :huh: NO so you don't know if they out pattern and shoot faster than all shotguns do you :thumbsup:
cootlover
hunter

Postby Jon Bergren » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:01 pm

cootlover wrote:Ned have you shot every gun out there :huh: NO so you don't know if they out pattern and shoot faster than all shotguns do you :thumbsup:

Based on info posted the 935 does shoot about 100 fps faster as well as all the reloads I have chrony'd. Also they do have excellent patterns shooting 96% patterns with some of the very fast loads which has also been published. My Hastings barrel on my 1100's will shoot 100% patterns at 40 yds. Cootlover probably never has patterned a 935 nor Chrony'd it as well as a Hastings barrel. Ned S the young 84 yr who just tells it as it is.
Jon Bergren
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:37 pm

We should start a topic on the shotgun forum, purely to post pics of our patterns and see if Ned's really does out pattern " all other guns". Would we all have to shoot the same kind of shell? How about 7.5 or 8?
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby pk38 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:58 pm

g_maxson wrote:Street cred is dropping. I hate Walmart but had a gift card, so while shopping the other day saw this in their eye glass area. Had to laugh, when is enough enough. Image

When they quit making money.... Let the haters hate... I like the DC guys all the back from the first VHS tapes... My wife and I love the show... I used to be bitter about all the people taking my spots that I thought were DC breeds, but then I thought if they really like it I am glad we got a new hunter to carry the torch.... Duck hunting is too hard to hunt year in year out only on a fad... So enjoy DC for what it is and enjoy life no sense in wasting life upset at some guy for making money.... I bet anyone on here would trade places with dc guy in a second..... my .02 cents

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
DU Chapter Sponsor at Morris Innovative High School
Hoping to bring duck hunting to disadvantaged youths
pk38
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Shotgun Forum