Plasti-Duk Decoys

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

Plasti-Duk Decoys

Postby Cheesehead » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:22 pm

I found a thread on here and now lost it and can't find it again so I guess I'll start a new one.

Does anyone know the status of Neumann and Bennett, the makers of Plasti Duk Decoys?

I called them and placed an order for decoys back in March which consisted of 18 Mallard Drakes and 8 Mallard Hens. When I placed the order I was told that it would be about 3 - 4 weeks until the decoys were made. Well as of 4 - 5 weeks ago I still had not received my decoys so I called to check on my order. It took several phone calls until anyone answered the phone and after about a week of calling I actually got someone to answer the phone. At that time I was told that my drakes were done and that they were just waiting for the paint to dry on my hens and that they should be shipped out in about a week. Well after about 3 weeks I still had not yet received my decoys so I attempted to contact them by phone again. After about a week of calling and getting sent to voicemail I did leave a message. I also sent and email asking about my order. I did not receive any call back or response to my email. I attempted calling again for another week and left another message and sent another email. Then I receive an email...this is what they sent me. NOTE: THEY CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD AT THE TIME I PLACED MY ORDER.

Mr. XXXXXXXX,

We are crediting your account for your pre-order of Super Mag. Decoys plus shipping, we apologize for any inconveninece this may have caused.

Something is going on with them and I am just trying to figure out if they are going out of business or what. If not I may wait til next year to order from them....if not I will look elsewhere.
Cheesehead
hunter

Re: Plasti-Duk Decoys

Postby old school too » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:30 pm

Have dealt with them in the past few years and most of the time there is a delay in service but not to the extent that you speak of. They do not run orders as fast as they get them for sure and they hardly ever have stock on hand. I have gotten out of everything but their product because I think they have been worth waiting for but they are a bit pricey. Wish you could arrange the heads without the hassle of sawing and gluing but I have had good luck with these super magnums before.
old school too
hunter

Postby Cheesehead » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:33 pm

They still will not answer their phone, reply to voicemails or emails. I had to go to the extent of filing a dispute with my credit card company. From the replies I am getting from other forums, others are having the same problems with them. My hopes now is that this info be passed along to as many that will read and bury Newman and Bennett. No company with this horrible of customer service deserves to stay in business
Cheesehead
hunter

Postby Big Hutch » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:36 pm

I emailed them about ordering decoys. They replied back to me within 24 hours. They won't have any decoys available until late December.

I had read about their customer service being poor and I admit I was surprised to get so prompt a reply. But then again they don't owe me any money...

Robbie aka Big Hutch
Big Hutch
hunter

Postby Cheesehead » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:03 pm

Yeah they may answer an initial email and maybe a second but they will stop answering you.
Cheesehead
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum