Duck Hunting Forum banner

Brand of Trailer

5K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Theduckguru 
#1 ·
What Brand of trailer do you run and what made you decide on that brand and style?

#2 ·
I just sold my 6X12 tandem Haulmark enclosed trailer last week. I have had it for about 4 years. LOTS of problems with the trailer and very difficult to get Haulmark to address the issues. I just ordered a 7X14 enclosed trailer from Mission. All aluminum, built in Maine (they also have a plant in Montana). I added rear flood lights, canoe/ladder rack, rubber floor covering, ramp rear door, spare tire with inside wall mount, V-nose, and trim package.

#3 ·
Love to have a all aluminum trailer. Then I started to think...if it cracks or breaks who has the equipment to fix it ? Not to many people can weld aluminum in there garage or shop. :no: But I know a bunch of people that have a wire or stick welders in there garage. :yes: That's why I bought a United Steel Trailer, it also comes with a 5 year Warranty. So far I have not had any problems, but if I do I can fix it. I run Canada every year for 2 weeks and put about 4 thousand miles on, and the beating my trailer gets is unbelievable......One Tough Rig...... :clapping:

#4 ·
My brother-in-law can weld aluminum, but I hope he never has to. I too run to Sask. 2000 miles out (1,997 miles from my driveway to the farm where we stay), several hundred while there for 3 weeks, and 2000 miles back home. After I get back to New England, it is a long winter of salty slush, hauling ATVs around for ice fishing and late season goose hunting. Summer time is ATVs and hay hauling. I am hoping the aluminum frame will hold up to the abuse without rusting. My Haulmark was already beginning to rot out. I kept it parked outside on a crushed stone pad (no grass). Like shotguns and decoys, there are lots of good trailers out there. When are you headed north War Wagon ? Looks like the farmers have most of their seed in the ground now !

#6 ·
I know it's the wrong forum but : My wife, the dog and I will leave around 9/21. We take 3 days to drive out. We will hunt for a week or so, then drive to Regina. Spend one night with the relatives, wife and dog fly home in the morning, my buddies fly in that afternoon, and we drive back to the farm. Hunt for a week or so, then the 3 day drive home. LOTS of driving, but always worth it !!!

#7 ·
Just picked up a 6x12 stealth ( steel) for the fact of welding it up myself ( good call on that)..Took all the cheap luan walls off and used it for the roof of the trailer and did the walls with 3/8 ply wood to study it up..Ran some square tubing up the sides to strengthin it up...Bought it for a good price (2012) with 100 miles on it, just have to under coat it and add the L.E.D. to the inside and call it good..Just have to see how it holds up..Also painted the walls and RESTORE deck paint to the floor ..Would post pics but not sure how yet.....

#9 ·
I too have a Stealth trailer 8x16 v-nose. I love it! Got it from Elkart/Bristol where they are made and they have great customer service. I put the Bag'em Outdoors trailer system in it to save room due to having 10 dozen bagged dekes, fourwheeler, generator, 8 blinds, a light setup, and my shovels, rakes, etc. All in all, great trailer with great suspension! I covered the floor with Linex and just painted the walls white for more light since they are just raw plywood when you get it. That's another thing they come stock with 2 lights and light switch. Just an option to think about especially if you are anywhere around northern Indiana, NE Illinois, NW Ohio, and southern MI.

#12 ·
F250 said:
I just sold my 6X12 tandem Haulmark enclosed trailer last week. I have had it for about 4 years. LOTS of problems with the trailer and very difficult to get Haulmark to address the issues. I just ordered a 7X14 enclosed trailer from Mission. All aluminum, built in Maine (they also have a plant in Montana). I added rear flood lights, canoe/ladder rack, rubber floor covering, ramp rear door, spare tire with inside wall mount, V-nose, and trim package.
I had a HaulMark single 10x6, the only problem was the plastic roof cap would crack with feal cold temps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.