Need advice on warm weather gear.

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Need advice on warm weather gear.

Postby WVClaysandBassin » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:08 am

This past season was my first duck season. It was awesome and I am thoroughly hooked. I didn't start until late season this year, so all of my gear is cold weather stuff. I'm also big into bass fishing and am looking for a new rain gear suit. Anybody know of a good light weight rain suit that can be had in MAX-4 or some other duck camo?
Waterfowling is truly an addiction.
WVClaysandBassin
hunter

Re: Need advice on warm weather gear.

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:47 am

Frog toggs.
quacknstack6 wrote:It's Shaun douchenozzle.

WisconsinWaterfowler wrote: I'm borderline retarded .
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby jonesb16 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:20 pm

cabela's cold bay tech shell parka, great outerlayer jacket and i also use for fishing as well to stay dry. Jacket usually goes on sale periodically.
jonesb16
Newb

Postby shoveler_shooter » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:01 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Frog toggs.

I ordered their breathable waders, just came in from Roger's yesterday. They are sized a little bit smaller than my Columbia 5mm...was a little afraid of ordering 12 again, since my Columbia's have some breathing room in the boot for layers of socks. But the size 12 in the Frogg Toggs fits me like a glove with one layer of socks.
For the durability, I haven't heard anything bad, so we will see.
UmatillaJeff wrote:This load would drop ducks and geese like thors hammer in my hands, I would bet the equity in my house on it.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:53 pm

shoveler_shooter wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Frog toggs.

I ordered their breathable waders, just came in from Roger's yesterday. They are sized a little bit smaller than my Columbia 5mm...was a little afraid of ordering 12 again, since my Columbia's have some breathing room in the boot for layers of socks. But the size 12 in the Frogg Toggs fits me like a glove with one layer of socks.
For the durability, I haven't heard anything bad, so we will see.

I got a rain suit in camo (not sure pattern) realtree something whatever. I teal hunted in it last year and early bow and holds up fine it rides in the toolbox of my truck . The only drawback is there arent any jacket pockets.
quacknstack6 wrote:It's Shaun douchenozzle.

WisconsinWaterfowler wrote: I'm borderline retarded .
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby justinmi » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:57 pm

In Texas its pretty much warm all season, I have the Drake EST rain/jacket. It is perfect for warm-wet weather, I have been in down pours before and have kept dry. Plus, it has the heat vents u can unzip under the arms. Got it my first season duck hunting and 5 years later its still in good shape. If you get one you won't be dissatisfied, their gear is expensive but in my opinion its worth every penny.
Lifetime Band Count 2008-Present: 1
justinmi
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum