Doe Creek WMA

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, Ichabod97, callncut

Re: Doe Creek WMA

Postby gooosehunter » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:39 pm

LEWDOG wrote:OK I could see turning the page on my thinking of the quote hunt deal overthere . What you said is right , the locals don't need the spot and won't miss the little game that will be taken at the place and dgif will gain spots for the have nots to win a hunt in an area with a lot of hunting history .
I still hate the fact that the money generated from the quota system goes to NY with none of it coming back to dgif or the WMA that it was made at .
So what does it take to pull winners out of the hat , why must dgif go to NY to find ping pong balls a vacuum cleaner and some people to read numbers ? Va. wants to save money , the WMAs need money to live and the state has the Va state lottery that do that kind of work every dang day .

:huh: LD :fingerhead:

Lew, Read my post in the ohter thread about the DGIF. The money generated by the entire lottery system is a big pile of cash for a simple random number generator program and two administrators.
Cheers
Dave
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby gooosehunter » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:42 pm

EVEN BETTER...A FREE RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR WEBSITE!

http://graphpad.com/quickcalcs/randomN1.cfm
Cheers
Dave
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:11 pm

Muddun maybe you should read a thread before posting to it :rolleyes: . I was told today that dgif must put out source work up for all and take the lower bid . It's real hard for me to see a business in NY being the lowball , i can only guess that no other tried to get it . I wonder how many year contract they got , I mean unless someone is in bed with them it should be a easy take over .

:huh: LD :sad:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby Duck Diver » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:36 pm

I talked to a guy at the outdoor show about the money going out of state. He claims it was a pita for them to do the lottos and that they had 7500 entries last year. Meaning its less then 75k. The company that does it also registers hip numbers (free of charge)

So, its not a ton of money, and they do some work for it. *shrug*
Duck Diver
hunter

Postby gooosehunter » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:14 pm

Less than 7500 entrie? I think someone needs to check again. Add them all up and you will see a pretty large number. How many hunters do you think put in for the swan and hog island hunts alone? Then look at all of the other hunts offered for deer, turkey, hog, rabbit, quail, whatever. It quite a bit more than $75k
Cheers
Dave
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby Duck Diver » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:22 am

Then the guy representing VDGIF was a liar. He seemed to know his stuff and wasn't the first guy I walked up to. He was refered to me to answer my question. Sorry I dont have his name.

This info should be public record I would expect. Someone call and get some numbers..... I got better things to do :-)
Duck Diver
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:17 pm

the money going out of state.
That right there is the bottom line , everything else said still falls into that same sad fact .
The Quota hunt system has failed and no one at DGIF is going to be the one to admit it to us , you can bet that NY won't be getting any $ from me .

:sad: LD :no:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Previous

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting