Duck Hunting Forum banner

Planning trip next year, need your advice?!

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  cole1 
#1 ·
I am planning a trip this December to hunt Public in Arkansas. I am looking at hunting Either Bayou Meto, Bayou Deview, and/or White River NWR. Wanted to hear from the OK forum members if they have gone to any of these places and tips on where to stay, eat, or any other info you are willing to give to help me plan my trip. Thanks for all the help. I will be bringing a few buddies, dog and boat.

#2 ·
Bayou DeView stay in Jonesboro. Plenty of good grub there. White river NWR is huge with private land strewn throughout. Depends whether you are hunting north or south where you stay. Bayou Meto stay in Stuttgart or Pine Bluff. Nicer hotels are in Pone Bluff. As to where to eat in Stuttgart I really couldn't speak to that, never leave camp once I get there. Good luck hunting all these places, take a GPS. All flooded timber looks the same and it is really easy to get turned around. Locals are more helpful than outsiders lead on. Never met a duck hunter at any of these places that wasn't friendly, not gonna give you coordinates, but will help. Good luck!

#3 ·
I just passed through Stuttgart on a recent road trip and it looks to be a flooded timber gold mine. You can see it from the main roads everywhere. Also, stop in Macks PW and RNT. That is a great store with a very helpful and friendly staff. Great selection of gear. Friendly small town. I would really like to go down there to hunt for a few days.

#4 ·
I ended up booking a trip with PopaDuckLodge in St. Charles for Early December. Mainly flooded rice but may have an opportunity to get into some green timber if the situations are right! Gonna go to Stuttgart a day early to go to Mack's PW and RNT(even though I blow Echo) looking forward to a good time and a hopeful memorable pilgrimage to the Duck Mecca!

#6 ·
Hunted Bayou Meto and like they said, bring a GPS!!! It all looks the same once you are in a 1/4 mile! Also, go scout the day before when its light so you can find a hole to hunt and get there early. There won't be birds late in the day but you want to find a place that isn't too thick. Then mark it on your GPS so you can find it at 5am... lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.