Versamax or super black eagle II

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Re: Versamax or super black eagle II

Postby gearhead80 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:47 am

I just get kinda down when, I get back to the local boat landing to find a bunch of young fellas, with their brand new Benellis, a brand new Gator Trax, 2 dozen mojos, and trucks that you need a ladder to get into, talkin about all the birds they saw and "shot at" but have none in the boat. Or how these guys were set up in "their spot" so they had to set up right beside em and sky bust birds all morning because those guys wouldn't quit calling "their birds"?. In these instances I occasionally get questioned on my success... If I reveal any bagged game, I am almost always immediately drilled on the location of my hunt. Not can I come with you sometime or would you mind takin me sometime or can I help you scout sometime. [/quote]
:thumbsup:

That has to be one of the most ridiculous generalizations about how people act because of the equipment they have I have ever heard. I'm not saying it never happens, but it seems you truly believe every one that shoots a Benelli acts this way. And then to pat yourself on the back with the part about bragging to them what you shot? Makes you no better than them, should have just told them you shot nothing, so it's your fault they wanted to move in on "your spot". Never brag to tool looking strangers at the ramp about what you shot. I never shoot anything except if Mr DNR asks.
If I ask a question, I don't want your opinion. I want facts.
Don't tell me something you think, tell me something you know.
It's easier to say I don't know, than make something up.
Although, being a forum the next guy will know more no matter what.
gearhead80
hunter

Re: Versamax or super black eagle II

Postby BurninPowder » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:10 pm

What is ridiculous is the fact that you're dragging this out GH. My guess is you're trying to get a rise outa me. Well try on buddy... but it's sad that I have to deal with instigators like you here, at work, and yes even at the boat ramp. As far as Benelli goes I just stated that one of my favorite hunting buddies shoots one, I think that says enough. And to the "bragging" at the ramp. I don't have to brag about a thing, my success speaks for itself. If you'd read instead of type you'd see that I'm the one being questioned in these instances. And as far as generalizations go, I tend not to generalize anything. That can get you killed in my profession. But I do observe how people act and make assumptions based on their behavior, it's common sense you see.
BurninPowder
hunter

Previous

Return to Shotgun Forum