little help needed

A forum to discuss taxidermy techniques and mounts.

Moderators: Pete-pec, sprigpig1

little help needed

Postby famerbrown » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:36 pm

hey guys,

im a week old for coming back from a hunting trip down to argentina, and had some great birdscoming home with me for the wall tell i got to miami and that is where my problem starts. due to having to make a plane back home, AA cargo said i could pay the 75 dallor handling fee over the phone to get my bird home, so before i left i told the lady to be sure to freeze the birds and she said ok. well i called monday morning to pay from the fee and they wouldnt let me pay over the phone. i called everybody and their brother trying to get this paid. friday i had some good friends of mine were coming back from their homeymoon and were going throw miami and were willing to pay the fee for me and id pay them back when they got home. well when i talked to a new woman at the miami airport she said they would let me pay over the phone so i didnt have to put my friends throw that. so in the middle of my waiting i asked the lady where my birds in the freezer, she pulled up the awb# and come to find out my birds had been seating in the cargo warehouse for a week in miami not frozen!!! talking about a mad somebody i flipped out :mad: . so now im looking for a little help on finding a birdfarm or someone that sells pin raised birds to replacement some of the birds i wanted for the wall?

:help: any help would be great
thanks to all
famerbrown
Newb

Re: little help needed

Postby Cougar125 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:42 pm

What kind of birds?
There are no ducks in the desert!
Cougar125
hunter

Postby duxrus » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:53 pm

Were you trying to just bring them home yourself and got stopped at the airport ? :huh: .

As far as finding those certain species, some are super easy to find (Rosey Bills, Ring Teal, etc....) but others are a rarity. I would sugest going to Taxidermy.net and posting your need list on the "Wanted" and "Bird" forums.

I am really interested to see what exactly you tried to bring back.....
duxrus
hunter

Postby Dirty Doug » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:16 am

Yes, I was surprised he got out of Argentina with them. No one seems to know if it is legal to get them out of there or not. I know you are disappointed as I would be but the silver lining is you got out of Argentina with them......you might have gotten off cheap. As Dux said....taxi net or a waterfowl breeders site
Dirty Doug
hunter

Postby famerbrown » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:38 am

all my paper work on both sides was done so there was no problem, other then them not freezing the birds in miami.
famerbrown
Newb

Postby The Waterfowler » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:15 am

Like I said, tell me what you are looking for and which outfitter you used? Some wild shot birds are legal to sell, some not. I've never had a problem, but I don't go through Miami either.
Helping waterfowl make bad decisions since 1961.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Waterfowler
hunter

Postby Dirty Doug » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:24 am

Wow.....you had paperwork at both ends......sounds like I went to the wrong place. :huh: :huh: ...would you mind sharing your info of where you went. Thanks, Doug
Dirty Doug
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:23 pm

Doug, It's not who you know, it's who…………

someone else knows! LOL :wink:
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Pete-pec » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:27 pm

I've seen some of those TV shows on Miami airports, and they aren't messing around. They deal with everything from invasive species to illegal aliens, so they certainly have their guard hairs up. This is an example of why you go with a USFWS approved facilitator as well as an outfitter who knows their stuff.

On a side note, Doug, you just had a bad day didn't you? If I go, it will be with Pat. He seems to know all the right people? haha!
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Dirty Doug » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:05 pm

I don't know nothing about nothing Pete......but I do know that you stay the hell away from Miami at all cost!!!! : :grooving: Pat is tooo busy shooting birds to screw around with you Pete :lol3: :lol3: Just kidding Pat :thumbsup:
Dirty Doug
hunter

Return to Taxidermy Forum