Navigatable water....?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Navigatable water....?

Postby bighop » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:13 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
bighop wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
bighop wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
bighop wrote:I always just passed on scaup because they're hard to clean and don't taste very good.


Apparently consuming them also interferes with frontal lobe function.

This is good to know.


Is the scaup species on the 'high in mercury' list? Would explain a lot...

I don't think so. Maybe. Do scaup eat tuna or kingfish?


I really don't know. In my neck of the woods, the mercury consumption advisories were issued for common goldeneye, cinnamon teal, and shovelers.

I'm thinking more lead early in life than mercury here.


I was attempting to make a correlation between scaup hunters delusional behavior and scaup species consumption as a potential cause of neurotoxin exposure. It appears I have failed...

No no, I agree. But I think he must have been around before the lead shot ban.
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 7255
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas


Re: Navigatable water....?

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:54 pm

Struggling with correlation factors for things you don't understand? Seems pretty common for you to have that problem. Kinda like struggling to understand your own laws much less another states. Stick to the simple stuff. It helps your head hurt less. :lol3:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6651
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: Navigatable water....?

Postby bighop » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:58 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Struggling with correlation factors for things you don't understand? Seems pretty common for you to have that problem. Kinda like struggling to understand your own laws much less another states. Stick to the simple stuff. It helps your head hurt less. :lol3:

You have a problem responding with anything more cerebral than "nuh-uh," don't you?
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 7255
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Navigatable water....?

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:41 pm

Actually I figured you needed me to dumb things down to your level a bit. I will patiently wait for your brilliant mind to shine. If it does I will be happy to move things back up the intelligence scale for you. :thumbsup:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6651
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: Navigatable water....?

Postby D Comeaux » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:48 pm

stock-photo-4129039-time-out-hand-sign[1].jpg
User avatar
D Comeaux
hunter
 
Posts: 2509
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:48 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Navigatable water....?

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:51 pm

Moved to C.I. forum, carry on...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57445
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Navigatable water....?

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:58 pm

Inda, I expect another one to be incoming to the CI forum soon. I poked some fun at Canada and WTN took me to task. :lol3:

I think he is peeved because I called Canada's beer better.

Since we have move this thread to a venue with highly intelligent minds with opposing views, I am wondering what you all have to say about the purported law in Texas. Said law apparently allows you to randomly blow away your fellow citizens while "defending your property. What say you my fellow CI members? Can they blast them at will as posted, or is that just some silly boy speaking crazy talk.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6651
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: Navigatable water....?

Postby ctdeathfrombelow » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:21 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Inda, I expect another one to be incoming to the CI forum soon. I poked some fun at Canada and WTN took me to task. :lol3:

I think he is peeved because I called Canada's beer better.

Since we have move this thread to a venue with highly intelligent minds with opposing views, I am wondering what you all have to say about the purported law in Texas. Said law apparently allows you to randomly blow away your fellow citizens while "defending your property. What say you my fellow CI members? Can they blast them at will as posted, or is that just some silly boy speaking crazy talk.

The president says I can do it as long as I call that person a terrorist before "droning" their ass.
User avatar
ctdeathfrombelow
hunter
 
Posts: 1515
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:34 pm
Location: Connecticut: The Confiscation State

Re: Navigatable water....?

Postby bighop » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:24 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Inda, I expect another one to be incoming to the CI forum soon. I poked some fun at Canada and WTN took me to task. :lol3:

I think he is peeved because I called Canada's beer better.

Since we have move this thread to a venue with highly intelligent minds with opposing views, I am wondering what you all have to say about the purported law in Texas. Said law apparently allows you to randomly blow away your fellow citizens while "defending your property. What say you my fellow CI members? Can they blast them at will as posted, or is that just some silly boy speaking crazy talk.

Did you read the statutes, or no?
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 7255
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Navigatable water....?

Postby bighop » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:28 pm

Indaswamp wrote:Moved to C.I. forum, carry on...

I wish you had corrected the spelling in the title. It's annoyance was the main reason I ever posted in here...
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 7255
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Navigatable water....?

Postby Easttx » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:55 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Inda, I expect another one to be incoming to the CI forum soon. I poked some fun at Canada and WTN took me to task. :lol3:

I think he is peeved because I called Canada's beer better.

Since we have move this thread to a venue with highly intelligent minds with opposing views, I am wondering what you all have to say about the purported law in Texas. Said law apparently allows you to randomly blow away your fellow citizens while "defending your property. What say you my fellow CI members? Can they blast them at will as posted, or is that just some silly boy speaking crazy talk.

Not randomly. You are allowed to defend your property and many people here, especially the older ones, believe they can shoot any trespasser. A lot of people post signs that say trespassers will be shot.
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 495153.php

bighop wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:Moved to C.I. forum, carry on...

I wish you had corrected the spelling in the title. It's annoyance was the main reason I ever posted in here...



Got me to look also.
User avatar
Easttx
hunter
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:07 pm
Location: Rusk, Tx

Re: Navigatable water....?

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:26 am

I read the post with the information you referenced. No where in there does it say you can randomly shoot people on your property just because they are armed. Your theory and post were both obtuse and showed a severe lack of insight into your own laws. There has to be some form of threat or intent of theft or damage under Texas law to shoot another person on your property. Someone just passing through cannot be shot as you posted.

Washington state does have laws that allow you to defend your property. The simple fact is that those laws are ignored as is the fact that we do not have to retreat from a threat under our law. They use the reasonable action clauses which do not say you have to retreat to try and force that political issue into a legal matter. Hence while you have a legal right to do something the system is going to try and hang you for it anyway. This is one of thousands of examples I can give that show you have to understand your own laws, work within, through, or around them. Just because some beaurocrat makes a law does not mean you should just blindly follow it. People who decide they are to afraid to challenge bad laws have taken the safety over freedom approach. Frankly to paraphrase, they deserve neither.

Are you obtuse or just arguing for the fun of it. When wrestling with a pig in the mud you sooner or later realize you cannot win. The pig is enjoying himself and has zero intention of stopping.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6651
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: Navigatable water....?

Postby bighop » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:36 am

ScaupHunter wrote:I read the post with the information you referenced. No where in there does it say you can randomly shoot people on your property just because they are armed.

No where did I claim, or advocate that, you can "randomly" shoot people. What you can do is use deadly force to defend your property (or a third party's property) if any other action to defend would put you at risk of serious bodily injury. Approaching someone with a firearm puts you at risk of serious bodily injury, no? In fact, per the law, they don't even have to be in the act of committing the crime, only the imminent threat thereof. At night, they needn't even be armed, we get the benefit of the doubt. Not only that, but we can use deadly force if they're fleeing the scene to prevent them from escaping. I'm not saying everyone walking across your property needs shot, but TX gives us pretty wide protection from prosecution should a situation arise.

Are you applying the rules of engagement you had to adhere to to our state's laws? Your ROE's were more strict than Texas' law, maybe you don't realize this?

No charges filed here either:
http://www.khou.com/news/local/Family-members-shocked-after-man-is-fatally-shot-while-taking-dog-for-walk---209118421.html

Here's your border shootings:
http://www.mywesttexas.com/top_stories/article_d7c6dffc-7ccb-11e0-a7bb-001cc4c002e0.html

We (and Indiana) can even shoot trespassing cops if they're using force:
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/06/14/should-citizens-be-able-to-shoot-police-if-they-trespass

ScaupHunter wrote:Your theory and post were both obtuse and showed a severe lack of insight into your own laws. There has to be some form of threat or intent of theft or damage under Texas law to shoot another person on your property. Someone just passing through cannot be shot as you posted.


Did you read Easttx link? It happens, and note that the article states he was taken in to make a statement, he was not arrested. Carrying a gun on my property is a justifiable threat. Being on my property at all at night is justifiable threat. Why can't you understand that?

ScaupHunter wrote:Washington state does have laws that allow you to defend your property. The simple fact is that those laws are ignored as is the fact that we do not have to retreat from a threat under our law. They use the reasonable action clauses which do not say you have to retreat to try and force that political issue into a legal matter. Hence while you have a legal right to do something the system is going to try and hang you for it anyway. This is one of thousands of examples I can give that show you have to understand your own laws, work within, through, or around them.

How should I put this?

Your posts need a little more support there, bub.

For that matter, you haven't provided a shred of support for ANYTHING you've said here.

Maybe you should move to a state that recognizes the rights afforded it's citizens when they're exercised.

ScaupHunter wrote:Just because some beaurocrat makes a law does not mean you should just blindly follow it. People who decide they are to afraid to challenge bad laws have taken the safety over freedom approach. Frankly to paraphrase, they deserve neither.

But you've actually claimed something entirely different. You said Washington has laws that allow the defense of your property (so the bureaucrat did the right thing,) but when you follow it, the legal system will "try and hang you for it." You don't have a bad law. You have a good law and a crappy legal system enforcing it. Your assertion doesn't make the least bit of sense.

ScaupHunter wrote:Are you obtuse or just arguing for the fun of it. When wrestling with a pig in the mud you sooner or later realize you cannot win. The pig is enjoying himself and has zero intention of stopping.

I can assure you, I'm not obtuse. This is really getting kind of sad. I've been able to make Alzheimer's patients and meth-heads understand better than you've been able to grasp anything here. You have no consistent stance other than "I'm not wrong, you're wrong and stupid and liberal and hypocritical and blah blah blah." Take a while and organize your thoughts, it's getting embarrassing.
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 7255
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Navigatable water....?

Postby Underradar » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:34 pm

When he was little, they called him "Chip".
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
User avatar
Underradar
hunter
 
Posts: 5166
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Rut Coon, LA

Re: Navigatable water....?

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:22 pm

Your wit has clearly reached its end if that is all you have counselor.

Go back to chasing spiders. :beer:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6651
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: Navigatable water....?

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:35 pm

bighop wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:I read the post with the information you referenced. No where in there does it say you can randomly shoot people on your property just because they are armed.

No where did I claim, or advocate that, you can "randomly" shoot people. What you can do is use deadly force to defend your property (or a third party's property) if any other action to defend would put you at risk of serious bodily injury. Approaching someone with a firearm puts you at risk of serious bodily injury, no? In fact, per the law, they don't even have to be in the act of committing the crime, only the imminent threat thereof. At night, they needn't even be armed, we get the benefit of the doubt. Not only that, but we can use deadly force if they're fleeing the scene to prevent them from escaping. I'm not saying everyone walking across your property needs shot, but TX gives us pretty wide protection from prosecution should a situation arise.

Are you applying the rules of engagement you had to adhere to to our state's laws? Your ROE's were more strict than Texas' law, maybe you don't realize this?

No charges filed here either:
http://www.khou.com/news/local/Family-members-shocked-after-man-is-fatally-shot-while-taking-dog-for-walk---209118421.html

Here's your border shootings:
http://www.mywesttexas.com/top_stories/article_d7c6dffc-7ccb-11e0-a7bb-001cc4c002e0.html

We (and Indiana) can even shoot trespassing cops if they're using force:
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/06/14/should-citizens-be-able-to-shoot-police-if-they-trespass

ScaupHunter wrote:Your theory and post were both obtuse and showed a severe lack of insight into your own laws. There has to be some form of threat or intent of theft or damage under Texas law to shoot another person on your property. Someone just passing through cannot be shot as you posted.


Did you read Easttx link? It happens, and note that the article states he was taken in to make a statement, he was not arrested. Carrying a gun on my property is a justifiable threat. Being on my property at all at night is justifiable threat. Why can't you understand that?

ScaupHunter wrote:Washington state does have laws that allow you to defend your property. The simple fact is that those laws are ignored as is the fact that we do not have to retreat from a threat under our law. They use the reasonable action clauses which do not say you have to retreat to try and force that political issue into a legal matter. Hence while you have a legal right to do something the system is going to try and hang you for it anyway. This is one of thousands of examples I can give that show you have to understand your own laws, work within, through, or around them.

How should I put this?

Your posts need a little more support there, bub.

For that matter, you haven't provided a shred of support for ANYTHING you've said here.

Maybe you should move to a state that recognizes the rights afforded it's citizens when they're exercised.

ScaupHunter wrote:Just because some beaurocrat makes a law does not mean you should just blindly follow it. People who decide they are to afraid to challenge bad laws have taken the safety over freedom approach. Frankly to paraphrase, they deserve neither.

But you've actually claimed something entirely different. You said Washington has laws that allow the defense of your property (so the bureaucrat did the right thing,) but when you follow it, the legal system will "try and hang you for it." You don't have a bad law. You have a good law and a crappy legal system enforcing it. Your assertion doesn't make the least bit of sense.

ScaupHunter wrote:Are you obtuse or just arguing for the fun of it. When wrestling with a pig in the mud you sooner or later realize you cannot win. The pig is enjoying himself and has zero intention of stopping.

I can assure you, I'm not obtuse. This is really getting kind of sad. I've been able to make Alzheimer's patients and meth-heads understand better than you've been able to grasp anything here. You have no consistent stance other than "I'm not wrong, you're wrong and stupid and liberal and hypocritical and blah blah blah." Take a while and organize your thoughts, it's getting embarrassing.


You are correct and I am very embarrased for you. You can suppose or assume that the law is enforced uniformly across the State of Texas, we all know it is not. Cases on this very issue have been in the news nationally. No way in the world can I just randomly feel threated and blow my neighbor away in Amarillo or Houston in my suburban neighborhood because I felt threatened. Again a different application of the same law based on jurisdiction in Texas. It takes about 30 seconds of research to find the varying cases of this varied application of the law. Your trying to use specific cases to argue for a uniform state wide application of the law. That is not what is happening in the real world. The law we are discussing is applied differently in different parts of your state. That is not supposed to happen, but in reality it always does. Different judge, different prosecutor, different juries, etc.........

We have a totally ridiculous and crappy judicial system in my state. They regularly try to put their views and politics into the courts in place of the law and what it says.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6651
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 13 guests