Feeder duck decoy

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DUKHTR, fowlhunter, Remman

Feeder duck decoy

Postby JustStartin' » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:44 am

http://www.ureaduck.com/mallard-decoy-kicking-butt.html

Anyone have one of these. the design for the anchor is crap to me i would just use 2 big anchors. just wondering if anyone has one and how durable it is.

I was thinking why not just get an old mojo shell and foam fill it with some weight in the bottom and do it the same way.
JustStartin'
hunter

Re: Feeder duck decoy

Postby wanapasaki » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:48 am

I know a guy with one and it works real good, but they arent cheap. ureaduck is a great company too. Get what you pay for with these guys
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby JustStartin' » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:57 am

I looked and i think its 50. thats not to bad, and its the only one out there. better than regular butts just sitting there.
JustStartin'
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:38 pm

yeah the quality is there, I'd go for it
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby PetriDuck » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:09 pm

I have two of them. They work really well. only one complaint... when you pull the decoy down so the feet are in the air, the weight hits the chest and slowly creates a divot so to speak. I think i may just make a sheetmetal gaurd and "pin" it to the chest, hopefully wont make noise. Other than that, great product. Oh and the two i got never came with rubber feet as they said, came with same material sprayed on a wire in the shape of a foot and neon orange. Looks and works great, but what a pain bc you have to make sure you dont bust them. and im worried if i take them out and in, i will wear the body out...
PetriDuck
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum