Daisy Cutter "BLACKOUT"

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

Re: Daisy Cutter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:36 pm

txhunter90 wrote:So it is not a limited run correct?

TX

According to Cabela's customer service, no.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby norcalweaz » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:42 pm

Looks like a toxic daisy cutter hah. I get that they're aiming it at the bro crowd but it could of been done with more class. Could be a collector because of how it will quickly flop.
norcalweaz
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:53 pm

norcalweaz wrote:Looks like a toxic daisy cutter hah. I get that they're aiming it at the bro crowd but it could of been done with more class. Could be a collector because of how it will quickly flop.

Go to the Quackhead website and you will see where the skull came from.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby jrode237 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:53 pm

It will be far from a "flop"........that said IMO it is yet one more overpriced RNT that is nothing special. They are getting real close to jumping the shark with me.
jrode237
hunter

Re: Daisy Cutter "BLACKOUT"

Postby gr8white » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:21 pm

Between the two-tone daisy slayer and the graphic package on the "blackout", I hope they don't continue any further in that direction....style wise anyway.
gr8white
hunter

Postby ducksNgeese91 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:24 pm

I bought the blue and black daisy slayer and it doesn't look to bad but id prefer it to be all one color. But this new daisy cutter looks horrible. I hate that graphic they put on it.
ducksNgeese91
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:44 pm

mayhem96 wrote:I'm telling you...that thing ain't acrylic. Look at the insert and you will see small lines that looks like they come from a mold. It is probably some poured acrylic but if I was a betting man, I would say it is Delrin...a molded Delrin :thumbsup:

It's acrylic.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby choc24/7 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:32 am

mayhem96 wrote:I'm telling you...that thing ain't acrylic. Look at the insert and you will see small lines that looks like they come from a mold. It is probably some poured acrylic but if I was a betting man, I would say it is Delrin...a molded Delrin :thumbsup:

for $140 it has to be acrylic.....i hope rnt hasnt got that bad to charge that for delrn...... :fingerhead:....yet another call i will not buy.....i am sure they will reel in more suckers with this one......they could do a "special" call a month and sell thousands.... :hi:
Last edited by choc24/7 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
nothin like watchin' prior skybustin'

i usually have good seats for the show
choc24/7
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:33 am

Not my cup of tea. I agree it looks like a Zink. I own zero Zinks for a reason.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby Trevor Shannahan » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:17 am

It's acrylic. It's nothing new though. It's exactly the same as our stealth calls. Unpolished black.

Grounds, Zink, LMC, and Big Sean all have it available for some of their calls
Trevor Shannahan
Freestyle Outdoors
Trevor Shannahan
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:46 pm

Thanks T :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:27 pm

Im ordering one just talked to rnt and they said it was a limited run

TX
txhunter90
hunter

Postby Razorbackrowe77 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:52 pm

txhunter90 wrote:Im ordering one just talked to rnt and they said it was a limited run

TX

Did they give a definition of "limited"? Number they are making or amount of time they are making?
S. Rowe
Razorbackrowe77
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

No she did not give a specific number but she said they have them but once they are all gone they are gone

TX
txhunter90
hunter

Postby goosehunter64 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:59 pm

Trevor Shannahan wrote:

It's acrylic. It's nothing new though. It's exactly the same as our stealth calls. Unpolished black.

Grounds, Zink, LMC, and Big Sean all have it available for some of their calls

But says..Hand polished :huh:
Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

Postby Dbishop311 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:00 pm

Thats the RNT marketing I always talk about. Say they are limited runs and everyone scrambles to get one. Especially on this site. You want to know how people really feel about them go check the Fuge.
No contest ring. No gimmicks. No compromising. It’s just pure, raw, balls-to-the-wall, don’t tell your mother, most powerful, non-nuclear duck calling machine on the planet.This call may not be for everyone. But if you can drive it, Game over......
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:06 pm

Yep made me buy one lol ya their marketing, but how many different limiter runs do you until guys stop buyin?

TX
txhunter90
hunter

Postby sewergoon » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:34 pm

Who cares what other people think. If ya want one then get one. It's really a good move on RNT's part, afrer all they are in the business of selling calls. All you guys bitching about RNT lately is comical. If a custome call m
aker turns a laminated call it's sweet but if RNT does it's terrible (the DS)
sewergoon
hunter

Postby Razorbackrowe77 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:19 pm

sewergoon wrote:Who cares what other people think. If ya want one then get one. It's really a good move on RNT's part, afrer all they are in the business of selling calls. All you guys bitching about RNT lately is comical. If a custome call m
aker turns a laminated call it's sweet but if RNT does it's terrible (the DS)

AMEN! Thank you for saying this. For RNT, that's the point...to SELL CALLS! If they didn't make new stuff everyone would be griping b/c they didn't. If they didn't increase/drive sales, they wouldn't be in business. Upon becoming president of RNT, if John had said, "my business philosophy is to make 3 calls, in 2 colors. I want to keep sales at a very low number", he would be working for someone else instead of himself.
Additionally, if RNT's stuff is so horrible, why are they sought after by more collectors than any other? I think people are just hating on the "big boy on the block". ECHO is my call of choice, but RNT is a close #2. That's why I have 30+ RNT's & they were my #1 for 17 years.
Keep doing what you're doing John. Folks are gonna buy your s^#% regardless b/c it's a darn good product!
S. Rowe
Razorbackrowe77
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:30 pm

Agree pays the bills and makes me buy them. Next I neee to get my hands on these echos you speak of....

TX
txhunter90
hunter

Postby Derrick C. » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:44 pm

Dbishop311 wrote:Thats the RNT marketing I always talk about. Say they are limited runs and everyone scrambles to get one. Especially on this site. You want to know how people really feel about them go check the Fuge.

Isn't Echo doing the same thing with those swirl calls right now? Pretty sure I have seen it advertised limited quantity.
Derrick C.
hunter

Postby DarenDeath » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:16 pm

Derrick C. wrote:
Dbishop311 wrote:Thats the RNT marketing I always talk about. Say they are limited runs and everyone scrambles to get one. Especially on this site. You want to know how people really feel about them go check the Fuge.

Isn't Echo doing the same thing with those swirl calls right now? Pretty sure I have seen it advertised limited quantity.

Do you mean the Echos on ebay? They are limited to 3 by the description and looked like they came in a wooden box. I'd call that "limited"
Marketing is one thing and renaming a call with a new paint job is another. I doubt they start a new "line" of "blackout" calls, but then again maybe it would be profitable to do so. Take a call and rough tumble it and your done...
DarenDeath
hunter

Postby Razorbackrowe77 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:29 pm

Derrick C. wrote:

A LOT MORE limited on theirs. They only make 3.
S. Rowe
Razorbackrowe77
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:32 pm

I'm laffin'.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby Derrick C. » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:53 pm

DarenDeath wrote:
Derrick C. wrote:

Do you mean the Echos on ebay? They are limited to 3 by the description and looked like they came in a wooden box. I'd call that "limited"
Marketing is one thing and renaming a call with a new paint job is another. I doubt they start a new "line" of "blackout" calls, but then again maybe it would be profitable to do so. Take a call and rough tumble it and your done...

Isn't it called DC blackout kinda like DC boots on? The echo also said they may carry in the future in a post a while back. when they first atarted doing those. But hey, haters gonna hate. And when no one is looking, buy a couple. I can think of two blackout calls right now that have been on this forum for a bit. Mondo and DC. Yes they were custom but look what it has started.
Derrick C.
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum