Wood duck dinner and youth day - Alaska hunt auction

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Wood duck dinner and youth day - Alaska hunt auction

Postby Albifrons » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:11 pm

Hey all, we are hosting the 4th annual wood duck dinner. This dinner is to raise money to support student generated research. A strong component of the project is getting as many people to come out and help and put birds in peoples hands. We have had >1000 people come out over the years with over 370 in 2012 alone! Undergrads come out to learn wildlife techniques, high school kids use the data for science projects, and younger kids come out to touch their first living wild animal. Currently, this project, in cooperation with local hunters, is allowing for different harvest levels across years. We are also expanding the project since this project has an extremely high proportion of the population marked.

We are looking for donations, please PM if interested. These forums have been the conduit from many GREAT donors in the past, and its been greatly appreciated!

This year, for the 4th time, Jeff Wasley from Four Flyway Outfitters has donated a hunt. The donation for this year is for 6 days at Cold Bay, Alaska. The hunt includes food, lodging, and guiding with all of the new toys Jeff is getting out there. This is for a five day hunt with discounts for additional hunters. Jeff has open dates in October 2013 or you can work with Jeff for dates in 2014. Thanks a ton Jeff! Contact me if you'd like to bid on this remotely, over the phone.

Albifrons
hunter

Re: Wood duck dinner and youth day - Alaska hunt auction

Postby birdhunter3126 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:49 pm

That's night in the country weekend. Anyway it could get pushed to the following weekend?
Its raining ducks
birdhunter3126
hunter

Postby Albifrons » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:03 pm

The week before is flyway meeting, weekend before is a buddies wedding........... Point is, always something conflicting each weekend. Too far down the path to change now. Regulations are set the following Friday, so its as late as possible.

Make a donation, and we'll make you famous :help:
Albifrons
hunter

Postby Albifrons » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:51 pm

Hope many of you are considering coming.

We could use some help with donations, especially things to put in kids hands. I've gotten some donations for guns, binoculars, bird guides, some hats and shirts. But really hoping to have something to put in each and every kids hands to take home. Any ideas?
Albifrons
hunter

Postby untamed1 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:43 am

Had a great time at the dinner Chris. You did an exceptional job coordinating the event. For those of you out there that missed it, be sure and attend next year because it was an awesome event filled with great raffle prizes and food. Also, I took my son out to the youth day at Canvasback and he had a great time. Dave Stanley and the whole crew out there did an amazing job providing for the kids.
Tim Brady
untamed1
hunter

Postby Albifrons » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:44 pm

Hey Tim, thanks for the kind words. We worked our butts off, and SUPER appreciated the people who came. Sounds like we have been offered to host the wood duck symposium as a lot of people want to see the project so hopefully we can get more people.

I greatly appreciated the comments from the crowd regarding this years bag limit for the restrictive treatment again. I've made both the Churchill (no one else showed up, including the board) and Washoe taking the message with me. I'll be at the commission meeting this Saturday.

Thanks to all the attendees and donors! :thumbsup:
Albifrons
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting