SBE II barrel length

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

SBE II barrel length

Postby RPsYellowWhizzard » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:29 am

I have a SBE II basically brand new maybe been shot 40 times. I have a 28 inch max 4 barrel and have been trying to find a shorter barrel. I am having a hard time finding someone to trade for a 24 or 26 inch max 4 barrel. It is not a big enough deal to purchase a completely new barrel in a different length. I have also thought about having it cut down and rethreaded. What would be the best route to take in coming up with a shorter barrel? Thanks.
RPsYellowWhizzard
Newb

Re: SBE II barrel length

Postby jaysweet3 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:03 pm

I'd say just dealing with it and keeping the 28" is the easiest route. But if you have some time, put the 28" up for sale, then use proceeds, to buy the one you want. If you want to find someone to trade with, you might have to sweeten the pot. Put some $ up in the deal. $50 and a straight up exchange for barrel.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Re: SBE II barrel length

Postby gearhead80 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:47 pm

What's your reason for wanting a shorter barrel? Trying different choke tubes may offer what you are looking to accomplish for way less money and headache.
If I ask a question, I don't want your opinion. I want facts.
Don't tell me something you think, tell me something you know.
It's easier to say I don't know, than make something up.
Although, being a forum the next guy will know more no matter what.
gearhead80
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum