kicks high flyer vs patternmaster

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

kicks high flyer vs patternmaster

Postby delaware waterfowl » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:39 am

hey yall. curious if anyone has used either a kicks high flyer choke or a patternmaster choke in an SBE2. chokes provided with the gun are pretty good, just looking for an improvement on pattern density
delaware waterfowl
hunter

Re: kicks high flyer vs patternmaster

Postby jellotree » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:48 pm

I can't speak for the PM. But I own Kicks HF Mod and Full. Great chokes and great patterns. I usually use the Full all season long except for really early when I'm swatting teals. The full (which is the actual constriction of a Mod as far as traditional choke lables go) patterns well up to #BB. Pattern test a few brands and see what works best.

The diagonal ports do help with muzzle jump. I noticed this one day when I threw in a standard choke to try out. Noticeable difference with magnum loads.
jellotree
hunter

Postby DesotoLakeHunter » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:08 pm

my sbe shoots kicks far better than a pm. decoying birds, with 35 yards I love the mod. The full is great out to 50 with 3" hevi metal 2s
DesotoLakeHunter
hunter

Postby delaware waterfowl » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:33 pm

thats what i like to hear! ive heard nothing but good stuff from sbe 2 owners shooting high flyers. found a deal to get both mod and full kicks for $100 flat. gonna get on that for sure
delaware waterfowl
hunter

Postby cuppedandkilled » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:44 pm

I pack my improved cylinder choke in my bag when decoying birds work in really tight. My my non ported long range PM gets to be a bit tight under 20 yards. At 40 yards I'm throwing 2's, 1's & BB's @ 95-100% on target. This is with a Beretta Urika II, 28" barrel, and Kent Faststeel 1 3/8oz. 3" mags.

I love the fact that PM offers their chokes in a non-ported version.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII
cuppedandkilled
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum