2013 Hard Core Decoys?

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

2013 Hard Core Decoys?

Postby OnTheFly7 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:28 am

Does anyone have any additional information on the 2013 Hard Core line up? I have seen the two page spread in Wildfowl and I have been on their FB page and there is no additional news. I have to say, the decoys look very nice. I was just curious as to whether or not anyone had any additional information; positions, pricing, etc.

Thanks.
OnTheFly7
hunter

Re: 2013 Hard Core Decoys?

Postby IowaWaterfowler10 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:49 pm

I talked to a hardcore staffer. Said $125 for fullbody feeders and their touchdown pack, which is a combination of feeders and lookers. Lesser Canada fullbodys are $160. That's all I know.
IowaWaterfowler10
hunter

Postby tornadochaser » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:09 pm

the 2013 catalog is available on the website...
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby OnTheFly7 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:35 am

tornadochaser wrote:the 2013 catalog is available on the website...

I saw that, however, unless it has been updated recently, most pictures are of live birds, not the decoys and there is no pricing. I guess we wait.
OnTheFly7
hunter

Postby JB27 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:49 pm

OnTheFly7 wrote:Does anyone have any additional information on the 2013 Hard Core line up? I have seen the two page spread in Wildfowl and I have been on their FB page and there is no additional news. I have to say, the decoys look very nice. I was just curious as to whether or not anyone had any additional information; positions, pricing, etc.

Thanks.

All of their new decoys should be in all major stores end of summer early fall. Cabelas & bass pro shops are already starting to carry some of their new line of decoys. For more information regarding head positions, pricing check out their website. www.hardcore-brands.com. and check out their catalog. All of their decoys are reasonably priced and look great. For questions and ordering you can either contact them via email or phone which is located under the contact section of their website. Their duck decoys can be purchased in standard six packs or clip-n-go pre rigged boxes. The pre rigs are texas rigged 36" in length and are rigged with 4oz weights. Their goose decoys also feature a removable keel so you can use them for either floaters or on the shore. which is a neat feature. Check out their catalog for any additional hunting equipment you might need. Hope this helps. -JB
JB27
hunter

Postby BigBlondeBirdDog » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:18 pm

JB27, ... I'm sure we all know "how" to order deek's via a catalog or phone line, but I believe that he was actually looking for a photo of the decoy itself. I.E., ... I'm interested in seeing the Hardcore Ringneck deek's ... I look in the website catalog, no photo of one, just of ringers / live birds.

Took your suggestion, looked at the Macks, Bass Pro and Rodgers & Hard Cores websites ... They have pic's of Mallards and Geese, but nooooooo divers ... None. Would ALSO like to add that the Hard Core Website + Catalog doesn't have any prices, ... to find those out, you need to go look at the website I listed above ... Seems odd to me to actually have a catalog, for YOUR product, and not actually put a price on the items themselves.

So, while I found your responce "enlightening" ... It really didn't answer the question posed.
: Waterfowl Junkie & Host of "Pacific Flyway Radio"

Ragged Outdoors Pro Staff Drinking Team
Killians Irish Red Pro Staff Drinking Team
Famous Dave's BBQ Rib Tip Platter Phat Boy Team
BigBlondeBirdDog
hunter

Postby JB27 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:27 pm

BigBlondeBirdDog wrote:JB27, ... I'm sure we all know "how" to order deek's via a catalog or phone line, but I believe that he was actually looking for a photo of the decoy itself. I.E., ... I'm interested in seeing the Hardcore Ringneck deek's ... I look in the website catalog, no photo of one, just of ringers / live birds.

Took your suggestion, looked at the Macks, Bass Pro and Rodgers & Hard Cores websites ... They have pic's of Mallards and Geese, but nooooooo divers ... None. Would ALSO like to add that the Hard Core Website + Catalog doesn't have any prices, ... to find those out, you need to go look at the website I listed above ... Seems odd to me to actually have a catalog, for YOUR product, and not actually put a price on the items themselves.

So, while I found your responce "enlightening" ... It really didn't answer the question posed.

I know the catalog doesn't have the prices which is why I told him to call for pricing... hope this is what you were looking for. Pricing may vary depending upon retailer.
Attachments
1011182_651095911586084_705735640_n.jpg
JB27
hunter

Postby OnTheFly7 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:50 pm

I just hope there are other positions for all of the species (sleepers, skimmers, etc.)
OnTheFly7
hunter

Postby OnTheFly7 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:26 am

Cabela's, I think Bass Pro and Mack's Prairie Wings now have photos and pricing on the some of the new 2013 Hard Core decoys. The prices are right in line with, to a few dollars higher than the GHG decoys. Looks wise, I really like what I have seen so far. I will be getting some of these new decoys for the new season!
OnTheFly7
hunter

Postby Normmcclean » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:15 pm

I love how they come out with new models all the time so they think people will forget that they are junk or that they have made cast improvement in paint or plastic quality. They will be on clearance soon and the 2014 new and improved models are probably already in the work. Just spend the money buy what you can. I am on a small budget but I prefer quality so I build a lot of my ducks and buy the best quality factory deeks I can. dakota, bigfoot,avery everything else is just not up to task of hunting a couple times a week. good luck if you do buy them I think they look good just not sure how long they will look good and when your hunting single digits ad below you dont have time and conditions to baby each decoy.
Normmcclean
hunter

Postby OnTheFly7 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:05 pm

Normmcclean wrote:I love how they come out with new models all the time so they think people will forget that they are junk or that they have made cast improvement in paint or plastic quality. They will be on clearance soon and the 2014 new and improved models are probably already in the work. Just spend the money buy what you can. I am on a small budget but I prefer quality so I build a lot of my ducks and buy the best quality factory deeks I can. dakota, bigfoot,avery everything else is just not up to task of hunting a couple times a week. good luck if you do buy them I think they look good just not sure how long they will look good and when your hunting single digits ad below you dont have time and conditions to baby each decoy.

I do get where you come from. One thing that some may want to take note of, that I think is interesting.....Hard Core is offering a 3 year paint guarantee on the new decoys. What that means, only time will tell, but that is a nice statement from them.
OnTheFly7
hunter

Postby Normmcclean » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:21 pm

They had the warranty in the past good luck cashing in on that. I want them to be better cause we need competition amongst the decoy companies to keep prices down.
Normmcclean
hunter

Postby straitkilla02 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:29 pm

Normmcclean wrote:They had the warranty in the past good luck cashing in on that. I want them to be better cause we need competition amongst the decoy companies to keep prices down.

Hardcore is under new ownership now, and will stand behind their product.
straitkilla02
hunter

Postby Black Smoke » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:24 am

I dont care about the warranty on the paint. Have you ever seen a duck or goose full body? =junk I hate bashing these guys but the customer service is ridiculous too. Next time you get a chance pick up a full body decoy and just flick the thing and it might crack! The full bodies are simply cheap and not durable far from (Hard Core) I just sold 6 and half dz HC mallards and canadas getting all new Tanglefree!
Black Smoke
hunter

Postby OnTheFly7 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:09 pm

Black Smoke wrote:I dont care about the warranty on the paint. Have you ever seen a duck or goose full body? =junk I hate bashing these guys but the customer service is ridiculous too. Next time you get a chance pick up a full body decoy and just flick the thing and it might crack! The full bodies are simply cheap and not durable far from (Hard Core) I just sold 6 and half dz HC mallards and canadas getting all new Tanglefree!

Have you had this experience with the 2013 decoys? I am not doubting you, but they have all new deeks for 2013 and unless someone is on staff with them, I don't know how anyone could have hunted these decoys as of yet.

I know you seem to have a love of Tanglefree and that is good, as they seem to be a good decoy and they seem to be good people over there. However, you seem to push Tanglefree pretty hard for a non-supported hunter? Perhaps you have an affiliation at some level with them? If so, I do not knock that and respect everyone's opportunity to work with a manufacturer at some level. I just do not like "bashing" of a company because one is affiliate at some level with another company.

Competition is good and we all benefit from it. I just hope those who are affiliated with a company, any company, can respect and appreciate another companies product. If they do not like a product, just don't say anything.
OnTheFly7
hunter

Postby Black Smoke » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:24 am

Here's the thing OnTheFly7, I was prostaff for Hard Core Decoys/Brands for over 3 years and I know from much experience with the decoys that they are not durable. However, I don't know about the new paint on the dekes because I dropped them due to the lack of communication with them and the fact that I didn't want to promote a product that was not up to my satisfaction. The best thing on their dekes is the flocking. I do know that their actual decoys have not changed, it is still the chinsy plastic that is the same as the old ones. So like I said, I don't like bashing any company but when I know from first hand experience I feel that I need to warn other people out there because you and I both spend our hard earned money on gear and decoys. I hope this clears some things up for you.
Black Smoke
hunter

Postby OnTheFly7 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:02 am

Black Smoke wrote:Here's the thing OnTheFly7, I was prostaff for Hard Core Decoys/Brands for over 3 years and I know from much experience with the decoys that they are not durable. However, I don't know about the new paint on the dekes because I dropped them due to the lack of communication with them and the fact that I didn't want to promote a product that was not up to my satisfaction. The best thing on their dekes is the flocking. I do know that their actual decoys have not changed, it is still the chinsy plastic that is the same as the old ones. So like I said, I don't like bashing any company but when I know from first hand experience I feel that I need to warn other people out there because you and I both spend our hard earned money on gear and decoys. I hope this clears some things up for you.

Good stuff right there! :clapping:

I appreciate your thoughts and your response. Anyone with actual experience with a product is great to hear from, whether the info is good or bad! I guess we will see if they have just put a new outfit on an old body and I know we will be hearing from folks as the season progresses.

On a side, if you can share your thoughts about Tanglefree, I am open to hearing all about their deeks! Feel free to PM me if you would like.
OnTheFly7
hunter

Postby Black Smoke » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:25 am

No problem buddy I am here to help sorry for being so opinionated just trying to help though!
Black Smoke
hunter

Postby NCSUhunter » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:00 pm

Anybody have any more information on these decoys? Cabelas has the pack of pre rigged mallards on sale and want to know some more feedback.
NCSUhunter
hunter

Postby jdl04h » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:43 pm

I recently got 6 teal. All I can say is mehh, they are alright. I think Black smoke was spot on. No doubt they look good, but they are light feeling and I actually couldn't tell on some if my keels were weighted. I don't think I will be filling my main bag with HC brand. To compare I just got in from macks a half doz GHG pro grade GWT Hens. Other than possible paint issues down the line for the same price I think the GHG feel a lot more durable. Just my .02
jdl04h
hunter

Postby WIWOODDUCK » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:09 pm

They seem like their awesome.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (16.09 KiB) Viewed 2793 times
If God didn't want us to have guns, He wouldn't have given us trigger fingers.
WIWOODDUCK
hunter

Postby OnTheFly7 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:42 pm

WIWOODDUCK wrote:They seem like their awesome.

"Staffer" I take it.
OnTheFly7
hunter

Postby Black Smoke » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:01 pm

HAHAHA WOW just like Banded gear its awesome because of the pictures and decals! :lol:
Black Smoke
hunter

Postby DeadDuckChuck » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:34 pm

Hello everyone this is my first review so please bear with me.

I have the 2013 18 puddler pack from Bass Pro and have used them about 10 times this season. They have been hunted over in rice fields, small timber holes, and big open flats. They are all texas rigged with the riggings that were provided in the pack. I by no means intently abuse any of my decoys but I also don't baby them. They have be hauled in and out of a pit blind along with being moved around in a boat. I never leave my decoys out over nigher either.

Pros: I think they look pretty good with the exception of the wood duck hen. They are very light weight! Even the mallard magnums that came with the pack are very light.

Cons: The durability just isn't there. They don't live up to their name. More that half of them have cracked in the same place (where the body meets the bottom of the decoy). They are just too thin of a decoy to really hold up in the long tun. I know this why they are lightweight decoys and its a give and take issue between lightness and durability. Also some of the caps hold the sand in the kill have fallen off. This isn't to big of an issue because they are light and the keel will fill up with water and they will sit in the water just fine. As far as the paint goes they seam to hold up well (remember I've only used them about 10 times).

Hope this helps!
DeadDuckChuck
hunter

Postby Duck Nasty » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:38 pm

DeadDuckChuck wrote:Hello everyone this is my first review so please bear with me.

I have the 2013 18 puddler pack from Bass Pro and have used them about 10 times this season. They have been hunted over in rice fields, small timber holes, and big open flats. They are all texas rigged with the riggings that were provided in the pack. I by no means intently abuse any of my decoys but I also don't baby them. They have be hauled in and out of a pit blind along with being moved around in a boat. I never leave my decoys out over nigher either.

Pros: I think they look pretty good with the exception of the wood duck hen. They are very light weight! Even the mallard magnums that came with the pack are very light.

Cons: The durability just isn't there. They don't live up to their name. More that half of them have cracked in the same place (where the body meets the bottom of the decoy). They are just too thin of a decoy to really hold up in the long tun. I know this why they are lightweight decoys and its a give and take issue between lightness and durability. Also some of the caps hold the sand in the kill have fallen off. This isn't to big of an issue because they are light and the keel will fill up with water and they will sit in the water just fine. As far as the paint goes they seam to hold up well (remember I've only used them about 10 times).

Hope this helps!

I added the same pack to my spread. As said the wood duck hen is garbage as far as paint. I've hunted them 30+ times no ice out here in nc but lots of timber and time in the bag for transport. They were not abused but I did not baby them either paint is holding up well. I did not have any cracks as DDC mentioned or any of my caps fallen off. The decoys would be a 4/5 on my books
Duck Nasty
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum