New Molt Gear EX3 X-Series

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

New Molt Gear EX3 X-Series

Postby gooseflopper » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:09 pm

Hey guys anybody have a chance to run the new X-Series? Looks pretty sweet and sounds good but haven't blow it enough to see if it's a keeper.

gooseflopper
hunter

Re: New Molt Gear EX3 X-Series

Postby mayhem96 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:34 pm

mayhem96
hunter

Postby gooseflopper » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:03 pm

mayhem96 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200307591035256&set=vb.195910100270&type=2&theater

Yes that's the new EX3D.
gooseflopper
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:30 pm

Didn't know if you saw it or not :thumbsup:

I like the changes they made and I hope to run one. I am not a fan of the paint/engraving though.
mayhem96
hunter

Postby Normmcclean » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:34 pm

that thing is ugly as sin I guess they jumped on the zombie bandwagon like everyone else. but on a real note I hope it runs and that I might give it a shot
Normmcclean
hunter

Postby ColoradoGooser » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:55 pm

Way to much engraving for my tastes.
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much

Annoy a Liberal,work hard and be happy
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby Mike Benjamin » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:05 pm

Hey guys, when we came out with this call, we knew that not everyone was going to like it as much as the standard Ex3.for this reason we are still offering our current design. Some guys wanted calls with a little more flash, and we have got alot of positive feedback on it! We are tuning then a little different than our Ex3s, but they will still run pretty similar.

Remember, we gave these calls a much different design than other goose calls, because many goose calls are based off basically the same design. We built these calls to get as much goose tone out em as we can, and these calls will get NASTY! You can't expect all calls to run the same, and this is why you got to run em and give em a good work out to get a feel for em, and that goes for ANY call!
Mike Benjamin
hunter

Postby Hunter33 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:46 pm

Is the engraving and the guts the only thing different between this call and last years EX3? I have been looking at getting one of them... I like the old engravings better but if they helped the design out I would rather have new and improved.
Hunter33
hunter

Postby Mike Benjamin » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:21 pm

Hunter33 wrote:Is the engraving and the guts the only thing different between this call and last years EX3? I have been looking at getting one of them... I like the old engravings better but if they helped the design out I would rather have new and improved.

The 2013 Ex3 series has a different bore design than last years model. We are using the same toneboard as last year, but a different wedge and reed.

We are still offering last years Design, but are also offering the X series design as well. In my opinion the 2013 Ex3 line of calls, with the changes we made are more user friendly, and sound awesome!
Mike Benjamin
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:38 am

Is the X-Series Delrin or acrylic?
mayhem96
hunter

Postby gooseflopper » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:54 am

mayhem96 wrote:Is the X-Series Delrin or acrylic?

It is acrylic. It is also a ton easier to tune and sounds way better than the original EX3.
gooseflopper
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:43 am

gooseflopper wrote:
mayhem96 wrote:Is the X-Series Delrin or acrylic?

It is acrylic. It is also a ton easier to tune and sounds way better than the original EX3.

Thank ya sir :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:00 pm

So let me get this straight...for 2013, Molt Gear will have the following:

Old Style EX3D and the new style EX3D
EX3 X-Series

:huh:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby Mike Benjamin » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:36 pm

We will only have the new style Ex3d, with the 360 wrap engraving, Current run Ex3, and the Ex3 X Series. 3 goose calls total. Hoping to have the ducks calls ready soon!
Mike Benjamin
hunter

Postby Hunter33 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:59 pm

What are the new EX3 X-Series calls going to cost? I was also wondering if he X-Series call is still a short call and they haven't lengthened it. Thanks for all the info I am really wanting one of these calls
Hunter33
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:28 am

Thanks Mike :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby Fowl-Attitude » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:31 pm

Either Mike or Scott can make any call sound great, that is just a fact. I was disappointed in these calls last year and to be honest I wouldn't buy one now just for the fact the wrap look does nothing for me. I think they are both great guys and they can call with the best of them for certain but these just don't make me want to buy. Best of luck I am sure you guys will do great!
Callum Close .... then CRUSHUM!!!!
Fowl-Attitude
hunter

Postby gooseflopper » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:14 pm

Fowl-Attitude wrote:Either Mike or Scott can make any call sound great, that is just a fact. I was disappointed in these calls last year and to be honest I wouldn't buy one now just for the fact the wrap look does nothing for me. I think they are both great guys and they can call with the best of them for certain but these just don't make me want to buy. Best of luck I am sure you guys will do great!

I agree with you. The GVCC XXX & Powerhouse are both on top for high and low calls respectively. The one thing it seems the Molt Gear calls have going for them are super real goosey moans and trick stuff. The EX3 X-Series is much better than the original to me.
gooseflopper
hunter

Postby Mike Benjamin » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:34 pm

Fowl-Attitude wrote:Either Mike or Scott can make any call sound great, that is just a fact. I was disappointed in these calls last year and to be honest I wouldn't buy one now just for the fact the wrap look does nothing for me. I think they are both great guys and they can call with the best of them for certain but these just don't make me want to buy. Best of luck I am sure you guys will do great!

Sorry to hear about your experience! Im not gonna shove anything down your throat or tell you your wrong like some will. But the next time you have the chance, will you try one of our new calls and PM me with whether you thought it is better than the one you last tried?

We have made some changes, and think they are def. for the better! Not asking you to reconsider or anything, just interested if you like the new ones better. We have had alot of guys say they like the new style better. I think alot of it comes down to the barrel changes, as well as the new reed and wedge!

Thanks for your input!

Mike
Mike Benjamin
hunter

Postby bill43 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:31 pm

hey Mike, I thought the X series were molded calls? Please set me straight; which calls are CNC'ed and which series are hand poured? To me an "acrylic call" means machined or hand turned from acrylic rod. Can you sort this out for me? Thanks
bill43
hunter

Postby DMBgoosehunter13 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:12 am

Just picked up the new EX-3 Xseries call. Well worth it. They have improved it in my opinion. Great range and the guts were 10 times better. Great job Scott and Mike and team.
DMBgoosehunter13
hunter

Postby duckblind1982 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:38 am

Is there a difference in the ex3 from last year and this year? Or is the x series the one that has the different bore? Basically the only new design/call is the x series....it has more changes than its looks? Thanks
duckblind1982
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:53 pm

Buddy has one... I tried it...

I'm now looking for a home for my green LG-1, as I GOTS TO GETS DAT CALL...! :thumbsup:
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby Tipsntails7 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:09 am

I really thought last years ex3 was one of the best all around calls I've ever blown, and if I could only run one call it would have been it, but it never made it into the lanyard because I run a fast high pitched lesser call and a deep big gander call, and the ex3 really didn't excel at being either one, just my style. And the wedge was really a great idea but really really hampered the tuneability of the call in my opinion. I may try the new calls but man those engravings are loud...
How's my spelling WTN10

ByersFarm wrote:Barrel stickers are about as cool as a handjob on your honeymoon?

DUCK-DAWG wrote:I would feel safer straddling a pool noodle than paddling along in that widowmaker.
Tipsntails7
hunter

Postby gtbc82 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:31 pm

I just picked up this call. I am just getting into short reed calling, but have previously blown a TG Super Mag and TG G Overhauler and learned along the Bad Grammar DVD/CD. I thought I was doing pretty good with the basic stuff and trick notes and then I tried out this call and WOW. This call is very easy to make all the notes and it sounds great. I feel that it has a much better pitch than the other calls I was using. Everything I blow out of it sounds great. I also find it very comfortable in the hand.
gtbc82
Newb

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum