Duck Hunting Forum banner

Looking for live pigeons in suffolk county

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  duckdoyle 
#1 ·
Hi all, I'm looking to get a few pigeons for training. If you know of a website or someone local that has some for sale please point me in the right direction.

Thanks, Sal

#4 ·
Farthers day i was teaching a hunter sfaty class at the Islip out door range I did talk to two guys about archary
papabear [Bill]

P.S.

hope this helps

Wellwood Pigeon Store | Lindenhurst, NY 11757
920 N. Wellwood ave.
631-991-7711

#5 ·
Papabear said:
Farthers day i was teaching a hunter sfaty class at the Islip out door range I did talk to two guys about archary
papabear [Bill]

P.S.

hope this helps

920 N. Wellwood ave.
631-991-7711
Thanks, I would imagine I should make up some reason as to why i need pigeons I guess. And I was at brookhaven range, guess it wasn't you then.

#6 ·
Papabear said:
papabear [Bill]
P.S.
hope this helps
920 N. Wellwood ave.
631-991-7711
Is there seriously a pigeon store? What the hell for?

#7 ·
pigeons are big on long island. If you get a chance go look at how many def rent pigeons there are . when I was a kid my brother and me had a coop with about 6 dif rent kinds of birds we had homers nuns triplets and a few other a cant remember we use to go there to get new birds in east islip there is a pigeon club where they race homers from over 100 miles away and fearth My dad use to take the birds to new york and also up state and they would return wish I had the room for then I would get a few

#8 ·
I would have never known that there is enough of an interest to justify an actual store for it...
But then again.....thaaaaaaaaaaat's Lindenhurst for ya'

#10 ·
Can't tell you how many commercial buildindings on LI that I had to paint all tops of mechanical units either yellow or white to help train those homing pigeons. I asked one guy what this is for and he had competition pigeons, he said it taught the birds to come straight to the coop instead of circling it.

#12 ·
duckdoyle said:
They don't care what you do those are culled birds. The shop was in islandia last I was there for birds. They move out of Lindy and was hoping to return. You can buy a trap from any good gun dog supply.
What did you want with them Doyle?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.