Geese decoys

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

Geese decoys

Postby Bufflehead dude » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:23 pm

I jest started goose huntin last year and got a layout blind a call and 14 ghg shells I was thinking I would get some full bodies for this season which one are the best for my money thanks
Season total 2012 2013
Canada goose 1
Blue wing teal 1
Mallard 5
Wood duck 12
Hooded mergansers 3
Ringneck 1
Bufflehead 1
Blue bill 4
Bufflehead dude
hunter

Re: Geese decoys

Postby jscheirer » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:51 am

Keep an eye out for used decoys on craigslist or the classifieds on this forum. You can get good decoys that will definitely work alot cheaper than retail. Other than that look on rogers sporting goods website. Bigfoots are always a good choice and will last a long time. If you want a bit of motion pick up some 4 or 6 packs of ghg or tanglefree
jscheirer
hunter

Re: Geese decoys

Postby mayhem96 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:11 am

GHG makes a wide variety of decoys. Like the guy above, check the classifieds every so often. There might be some great deals in there...especially if you're on a budget.

Personally, I like and use GHG full bodies. I like the FFDs the best but they cost more. The one thing GHG has perfected is the RealMotion Stake System. They will move with the slightest breeze :thumbsup:

I'm in Burlington so if you ever need help killing geese...have decoys, blinds, gun...WILL TRAVEL :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum