Season dates???

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

Re: Season dates???

Postby duckinfool72 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:56 am

bubbasblazer wrote:Well said guys. At these meeting can we inquire about specific rules of wma's? I have a few thing I would like to get clarification on. I hope to make the meeting just gotta check the work schedule.

not really, if you need clarification they will refer you to fish and wildlife enofrcement. there is always a officer at the meeting so you could possibly ask him. if you want to change rules you would ask at the end of the meeting to put it on the agenda for the next meeting but be prepared to have your ducks in a row when you do
DO SOME DAMAGE
duckinfool72
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:18 pm

Gotcha. Id like to see them keep goose fields open,(or maybe a few) during firearms deer season on the public land. Probably wont get too far since the deer are a bigger problem than geese from a population standpoint. Seems like when the get thicker and I think of trying them deer season is in.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby EyeHuntFowl » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:30 pm

Which fields do they close during firearms deer seasons? In November it's not an issue since the season isn't in.
EyeHuntFowl
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:26 am

The TH blinds are closed and the Penual Tract is also not open for geese during firearms as not to interfere with deer hunts. Ever since the gates were locked at penual it's really a pain to bag and drag everything. Not sure how they do it up to the swamp havent been up there in a few.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby duckinfool72 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:57 pm

I would be shocked in fact i will go as far to say it wont happen for goose fields and deer stands to be open at the same time during firearm deer seasons man it creates to many unsafe possibilities i do believe bombay hook may still be open for goose hunting during some not all of those overlapping dates. While the goose hunting is not what it use to be when they planted it properly it is still an option
DO SOME DAMAGE
duckinfool72
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:57 am

Yea I was thinking maybe,close a few stands leave a few g-blinds open. But probably too many variables ect. Would be nice if they opened the gates at the wma-s . Baggin and draggin all the goose gear is not feasable and I can olny imagine if someone killed a deer and,had to drag it out.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby duckinfool72 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:06 am

Closing those gates is the best thing that couzld happen for a wma. I am a firm believer in making guys work for it. Doesnt always keep the wanna be's away but it helps when they have to work for it. I say keep em closed for ever
DO SOME DAMAGE
duckinfool72
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:38 pm

I agree it has kept the riff raff out. But havent heard of too many people enjoying a half mile walk with 5 doz. FB honker dekes, lol. I gonna get a bike and rig up a trailer this season I think.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby duckinfool72 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:50 pm

it does keep the riff raff out but it also limits the cyber scouters that don't want to do any work. I would rather have to huff decoys out hundreds of yards and have a great shoot then sit next to a bunch of big river flute wanna be's who are going to screw up my hunt. can you tell I have a severe dislike for cyber scouters and hilljacks? LOL
DO SOME DAMAGE
duckinfool72
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:16 pm

I can undefstand where youre coming from . Looks like I probably will be able to make the Dnrec meeting , hope to meet ya there dude.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby duckinfool72 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:07 am

bubbasblazer wrote:I can undefstand where youre coming from . Looks like I probably will be able to make the Dnrec meeting , hope to meet ya there dude.

i will be there like always.
DO SOME DAMAGE
duckinfool72
hunter

Postby deducker » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:07 am

the br goose flute was the call to use well before acrylic, sean mann and the k&h dc and tube call were out.
deducker
hunter

Postby EyeHuntFowl » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:26 am

deducker wrote:the br goose flute was the call to use well before acrylic, sean mann and the k&h dc and tube call were out.

I will tend to disgree... give me a Glynn Scobey long reed over a BR all day, any day and twice in my pit.
EyeHuntFowl
hunter

Postby duckinfool72 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:11 am

scoobey doo goose calls arent allowed in my rig :thumbsup:
DO SOME DAMAGE
duckinfool72
hunter

Postby EyeHuntFowl » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:17 am

duckinfool72 wrote:scoobey doo goose calls arent allowed in my rig :thumbsup:

Must be a Big River Pennsyltucky Weekend Warrior!
EyeHuntFowl
hunter

Postby deducker » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:02 pm

no thats me i still bring out the BR flute on occasion. never could hang with the GS call or the PS Olt. im from above the canal so it might include me. dickinfool00 though is probably still poping zits while stroking about his ghg decoys and fancy acrylic.
deducker
hunter

Postby duckinfool72 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:09 pm

deducker wrote:no thats me i still bring out the BR flute on occasion. never could hang with the GS call or the PS Olt. im from above the canal so it might include me. dickinfool00 though is probably still poping zits while stroking about his ghg decoys and fancy acrylic.

Yup you got me pegged alright nice job. :rolleyes:
DO SOME DAMAGE
duckinfool72
hunter

Postby duckinfool72 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:08 am

1700 views we shall see who shows up tonight, wonder if ole deducker can crawl out of his single wide and give us some scoobey dooooo goose call lessons tonight after the meeting?
DO SOME DAMAGE
duckinfool72
hunter

Postby deducker » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:33 am

i'm sorry i will not be able to attend this evening. ive fought those battles with dfw for a long time, long ago. good luck getting the 6 teal for the early season. i think it will happen from what i understand. if your interrested in starting another thread and having a serious discussion on creating better waterfowl hunting in delaware, please do. if you want your voices heard the monthly meetings are a great place to start. btw im the one with the big river flute not the glynn scobey.
deducker
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:51 pm

My plans fell through as well for making the meeting. Had neices and nephews down hopefully ill make the next one
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby duckinfool72 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:08 am

there was some interesting info passed around last night looks like the seasons are going to be set in different manner down the road then what they are now.
DO SOME DAMAGE
duckinfool72
hunter

Postby EyeHuntFowl » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:55 am

Why don't you enlighten us d-fool? :beer:
EyeHuntFowl
hunter

Postby duckinfool72 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:08 am

EyeHuntFowl wrote:Why don't you enlighten us d-fool? :beer:

I thought i just did? :thumbsup:
DO SOME DAMAGE
duckinfool72
hunter

Postby TrapperRob » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:45 pm

When are the meeting dates and times?
Is this the same meeting that they have planned for September 4th to discuss making coyotes a game animal?
We all need to be there and fight to label them an invasive species...
I went into the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
-Henry David Thoreau
TrapperRob
hunter

It's Official

Postby Sandor27 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:13 am

http://www.dnrec.delaware.gov/fw/Huntin ... 0final.pdf

It's official now. It has been posted to the Fish and Wildlife website.

Teal limit went up to 6 birds :beer:
Sandor27
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting