Shell limit

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

Re: Shell limit

Postby talltimber » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:27 pm

Reed.

I have some buddies that are in an organization with him. They say he's mellowed a little.

I'm gonna give him the benefit of doubt I think, I know I'm not the same guy I was 12-15 years ago.

If anyone has a run in with him this year, give us a report.
talltimber
hunter

Postby kdog » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:03 pm

Reed in a organization ? RA ...Richard anonymous ?
walmart sucks the life out of your town

POUND SALT /SAND ...Whatever it is
kdog
hunter

Postby swampchicken » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:58 pm

A 15 shell limit should be plenty to kill 6 ducks and some geese! You all sound like you are the skybusters!

gride830 wrote:If I'm by myself a box will due but hunting with a large group for me means I'm chasing cripples. I think a group max limit of 100 shells or 30 shots a person. Whichever is smaller. So 1 guy 30 shots, 2 guys 60 shots, 3 guys 90 shots, 4 guys 100. Teach groups to not all shoot 3 shots at a couple ducks. 6 birds x 4 hunters is only 24 shots, leaves 76 shots for whatever. Guns are faster and advertising is showing new hunters that they can squeeze off 3 shots of 60 yard killing range shot in less than a sec. Not much shot gunning skills being taught anymore. Quickness to the shoulder and Patience to shoot. Don't need much more than that.

Does a group really need 76 shots to miss a duck or try and clean up the skybusted cripple?
swampchicken
hunter

Postby talltimber » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:21 am

kdog wrote:Reed in a organization ? RA ...Richard anonymous ?

You got the first part correct. Not so anonymous though.
talltimber
hunter

Postby talltimber » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:23 am

swampchicken wrote:A 15 shell limit should be plenty to kill 6 ducks and some geese! You all sound like you are the skybusters!

gride830 wrote:If I'm by myself a box will due but hunting with a large group for me means I'm chasing cripples. I think a group max limit of 100 shells or 30 shots a person. Whichever is smaller. So 1 guy 30 shots, 2 guys 60 shots, 3 guys 90 shots, 4 guys 100. Teach groups to not all shoot 3 shots at a couple ducks. 6 birds x 4 hunters is only 24 shots, leaves 76 shots for whatever. Guns are faster and advertising is showing new hunters that they can squeeze off 3 shots of 60 yard killing range shot in less than a sec. Not much shot gunning skills being taught anymore. Quickness to the shoulder and Patience to shoot. Don't need much more than that.

Does a group really need 76 shots to miss a duck or try and clean up the skybusted cripple?

Gotta have it. You wouldn't want your only duck to get away would you? Pockets full and a far away look in your eye...
talltimber
hunter

Previous

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting