Any thoughts on the Zimmerman verdict ?

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Any thoughts on the Zimmerman verdict ?

Postby decoycarver » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:04 pm

Well Any opinions at all or should we not go there ? :oops:
decoycarver
hunter

Re: Any thoughts on the Zimmerman verdict ?

Postby beretta24 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:21 am

Look in the ci forum and get more than you care to hear about it.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Conch27 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:22 pm

Well I hate to weigh in on this but I feel like i should as a Floridian. As far as the stand your ground law, I am happy for the verdict and the law. Not so much for GZ. I have mixed feelings regarding the whole situation and i feel like the story could have happened to anyone regardless of color. Apparently, Zimmerman has never been in a fight and/or has never been attacked out of nowhere. Years ago as a young Man (Caucasian) i loved to fight. I would fight at any point I felt like o could get away with it yet I never had the intent to kill, I was a punk yes but I was never intending to hurt beyond superficial wounds. Perhaps I could steal obamas thunder, because I too could have a son like Travon.
Conch27
hunter

Postby decoycarver » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:27 am

I too was a fighter went to a new School in 6th grade small town Principals kid in class. I was jumped In the Bathroom by two classmates first day -fought them both and walked out-I am the middle Son so I had t bigger Brothers to fend off--Learned to fight early--first fight I was five the nieborhood hood Bully and his Brother came into our yard -the Brother was my age -my older Brother was fighting the oldest Bully-I took the one my age -well Dad came out the two older ones stopped and I continued -my dad started to coach me punch by punch, I beat the tar out of Him and -we all became friends after that--Dad said NEVER START A FIGHT-but You BETTER FINISH THEM !! Fought threw JR. High --became a jock then would stick up for the under dogs who were picked on -they where left alone..Went to college and fought City Boys -Drunks & Stoners, again sticking up for under dogs and worked as Dorm Monitor, Started to take Knifes away from Drunks and Stoners..( Studied Law Enforcement )-and was on the College Judicial Board, Graduated went to Prison --27 years as a Corrections Officer, Maximum Prison. in NY.and Maine System -Retired. worked Armed Security for DOD Dept of NAVY Base Security--all the extensive Training over those years and near death situations inside the walls, made me very street wise very fast--grew up in VT, sheltered.Escalation of Force in any situation, Stand your Ground Law, Castle Law, Self Protection of yourself and others Law-Whatever , you call them -it is meant to survive from True evil Harmful People--All due to the act of others -Car Jackings, Murder ,Home Invasions, Gang Warfare,the list goes on and on.-What would you do to protect your Family , Neighbor, a Bystander ? Property is replaceable, Innocent People are not-there will always be Evil People.What truly Bothers me is the so called Do-Gooders-they truly believe in " HUGS for THUGS "--go over seas and Kiss a TERRORIST !!!--see first hand who they will roll out the RED Carpet--in for them in their own BLOOD !!---I'd Rather Kill than be Killed --And I don't believe in Warning SHOTS !!---Those who play the Race Card IS-- the RACIST -and you can Quote ME !! Mix race case--not White on Black, MAN on MAN,-Hate Crime --RACIST MANURE !!--one less GANGSTA to Hous And Feed---lots of Handouts' in the BIG HOUSE-" The CROBAR HILTON " :mad: :mad: :mad: & :More :mad: Glad to be in Maine..
decoycarver
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting