New Franchi Intensity

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

New Franchi Intensity

Postby gearhead80 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:12 am

Has anyone personally seen or been lucky enough to shoot the new Franchi Intensity? Looks like a decent reasonably priced gun.
If I ask a question, I don't want your opinion. I want facts.
Don't tell me something you think, tell me something you know.
It's easier to say I don't know, than make something up.
Although, being a forum the next guy will know more no matter what.
gearhead80
hunter

Re: New Franchi Intensity

Postby greenster » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:56 am

Haven't shot one, but it feels great. How are the reviews for this gun? The I-12 Was / is a great reliable, lightweight, soft recoil gun. The only flaw is the trigger is a little bit hair, when you think about shooting, it fires. The affinity had it's problems with its big first run, Where they resolved? How did those issues affect the new intensity? That is something you have to figure out. IMO the gun is about $200 over priced. I have no doubt you'll love the feel of the gun, and depending on what your currently shooting your accuracy may improve, but again reliability? Best thing to do is take what everyone say's with a grain of salt, just do your own home work.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby gearhead80 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:11 pm

greenster wrote:Haven't shot one, but it feels great. How are the reviews for this gun? The I-12 Was / is a great reliable, lightweight, soft recoil gun. The only flaw is the trigger is a little bit hair, when you think about shooting, it fires. The affinity had it's problems with its big first run, Where they resolved? How did those issues affect the new intensity? That is something you have to figure out. IMO the gun is about $200 over priced. I have no doubt you'll love the feel of the gun, and depending on what your currently shooting your accuracy may improve, but again reliability? Best thing to do is take what everyone say's with a grain of salt, just do your own home work.

I hear ya.. It'd be for my wife if I got one. I believe it's pretty new so I don't think there's much info on it yet.
If I ask a question, I don't want your opinion. I want facts.
Don't tell me something you think, tell me something you know.
It's easier to say I don't know, than make something up.
Although, being a forum the next guy will know more no matter what.
gearhead80
hunter

Postby tucker301 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:28 pm

Looks like a SBE/M2000 hybrid.
Should be a very good gun.
tucker301
hunter

Postby B-Boy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:01 pm

gearhead80 wrote:I hear ya.. It'd be for my wife if I got one. I believe it's pretty new so I don't think there's much info on it yet.

That's a lot of gun. I hope your wife is a stout lady. You're looking at a fairly light 3.5" gun. What's wrong with the Affinity? BTW, the street price will probably be in the $800-$900 range. To me, that makes the Affinity even more appealing. I'm not sure which "issues" Greenster is speaking about. I haven't heard of any issues with the Affinity, but the Intensity is too new to know for sure.
Benelli - Cordoba (20 ga. & 12 ga.)
Browning - 725 Sporting (12 ga.), Maxus (Hunter & MAX-4 Stalker)
B-Boy
hunter

Postby AAA206 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:59 pm

I recently purchased this gun and its completely legit. I have had several auto loaders over the years and not only is this one super reliable its really light (6.7 lbs). Its almost identical to the SBE-2. Same action, barrel and weight, and yes its made in Italy and not Turkey (like the Stoeger). The fit and finish is almost identical to the Benelli and its about half the price, I paid $899 plus tax.

The action is like butter, super smooth and the recoil is minimal. I've cycled everything from 2 3/4" light target loads to 3 1/2" BB through it and it has never once fouled or failed to fire. I have actually tried to induce cycling issues by loading different length shells with different weight loads and I haven't had any issues. This gun is worth every penny!
AAA206
Newb

Postby Yuchi1 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:12 pm

Does it use the Mobilchoke system, Crio tubes or something else?
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby Bricktop » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:32 pm

Yuchi1 wrote:Does it use the Mobilchoke system, Crio tubes or something else?

As far as I can tell, it's the Mobilchoke system. Crio appears to be exclusive to mainline Benelli products for now.
Bricktop
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:10 pm

Bricktop wrote:
Yuchi1 wrote:Does it use the Mobilchoke system, Crio tubes or something else?

As far as I can tell, it's the Mobilchoke system. Crio appears to be exclusive to mainline Benelli products for now.

Many thanx BT
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby AAA206 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:01 pm

Franchi shotguns made after 1998 use the benelli mobil style chokes.
AAA206
Newb

Postby Bricktop » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:41 am

AAA206 wrote:Franchi shotguns made after 1998 use the benelli mobil style chokes.
Thank you, Captain Obvious.
Bricktop
hunter

Postby AAA206 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:04 am

Bricktop wrote:
AAA206 wrote:Franchi shotguns made after 1998 use the benelli mobil style chokes.

Pardon me, all over the place. Just thought somebody might want a deffinitive response to the question. You must be the moderator of this chat board. Dork.
AAA206
Newb

Postby Bricktop » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:09 am

AAA206 wrote:
Bricktop wrote:
Pardon me, all over the place. Just thought somebody might want a deffinitive response to the question. You must be the moderator of this chat board. Dork.
And a good day to you as well!
Bricktop
hunter

Postby Quackattack02 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:28 pm

I have recently purchased a franchi intensity max 4 from sportsmans warehouse for $1100. I have shot it about 10 times shooting 150 rounds each time and I absolutely love it. I have never had a malfunction or jam. It cleanly cycles light target loads to heavy turkey loads. It is one of the lightest auto loaders out there, which will be nice during the following waterfowl season. The intensity has incredible handling and is easy to swing. I would highly consider the intensity for your next shot gun.
Quackattack02
Newb

Postby Honk-n-quack » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:09 pm

Sweet, I really have been looking at these
Honk-n-quack
hunter

Postby Qback5 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:35 am

Does the Intensity have any problems closing the action like with a Benelli SBE-2? The SBE is notorious for a "click" (and there's actually a thread on here about that 'click' --- the sound it makes when you pull the trigger and the gun doesn't fire because the action wasn't fully closed). How is the action on the Intensity?

How is it cleaning the gun...similar to the SBE?

Thanks!
Qback5
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:47 pm

^ any gun with a rotating bolt has the possibility to click. Except the new ethos. That being said in 8 seasons with mine 3 I have yet to have a click. I just let my bolt slam and let it go at that.
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby Qback5 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:10 am

Thanks!
Qback5
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:09 pm

No problem. Good luck
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby Qback5 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:08 am

The Franchi Intensity arrived this week! Shot a round at the range yesterday (about 10 3.5" goose loads followed baou about 15 target loads) and then a 50-bird round of clays today. For the clays, was using one and an eighth Remington Gun Club loads. Everything about the gun shot awesome --- very smooth --- no problems cycling whatsoever --- very fast cycling. Perhaps my favorite part is breaking the gun down. With the recoil spring in the front, it's super easy to remove and reinstall the action assembly. All auto-loaders I've ever used int he past had the recoil spring in the butt, and thus there was always a rod that needed to be placed exactly into the end of the recoil spring. This could be tricky at times with some models, but not so with the Intensity (and would be the same for the Affinity). The recoil spring can now also be cleaned very easily.

Thanks for the input --- cannot wait to go hunting with it!
Qback5
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum