looking for hunting partners

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

looking for hunting partners

Postby duckcrazy26 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:39 pm

Hello all, I am new to IL I am living in north chicago, I moved here from Alaska last year and am dire need of some people to hunt with. I will be taking a lot of time off from work during the hunting season and can travel any where. Iv been doing a lot of research aout hunting here. I have a duck dog also, so any one looking for some one to hunt with hit me up. Also if you want to share any good spots to hunt I would love to hear your inpuut.
duckcrazy26
Newb

Re: looking for hunting partners

Postby riverrat47 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:03 pm

When is the blind drawing for the Fox Chain of Lakes? If you get a good blind, you'll have all kinds of hunting buddies.
I'm not familiar with your area, but I would imagine that it's pretty tough to get permission to hunt private ground.
You might want to look into hunting Wisconsin or look into private clubs.
There was a post on here a few years ago trying to get Chicagoland hunters together. I don't know what happened to it.
What brings you from Alaska to Chitcago, Il?
Good luck with your quest.
Semper Fi, Marines

Casey 1997-2011 RIP
riverrat47
hunter

Postby duckcrazy26 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:15 pm

Me and my girlfriend moved here for her school and I am working in PA so I work a few weeks on and a few weeks off, makes for lots of time to duck hunt, and im willing to travel where ever the hunting is good, just got my dog last year and spent a lot of money on waterfowl training so im excited to get her out there. the chain o lakes drawing is at the end of the month I think and ill be at work so cant go. But from my understanding you can still hunt blinds as long as they are not occupide right?
duckcrazy26
Newb

Postby BEDB » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:38 pm

I'd get a dozen decoys and take a ride over to shabbonna some time. One water blind. Four field blinds
Flocked Wear Field Staff
Bring 'em Down Boys Pro Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter

Postby vpadfsu » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 am

I live in chicago but hunt south of chicago. Ill either wade or kayak to my spots. I usually hunting alone thru oct-nov till deer season opens then start hunting michigan. Send me message when season rolls around i let u know wassup...
VPAD
jameis winston = championship
vpadfsu
hunter

Postby ReaperWaterFowl » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:13 pm

Ill be drawing for a blind tomorrow at the chain, hopefully my group gets one. That really doesn't matter though, I hunted 4 days a week last year and had no blind assignment. Anyway, if you want to hunt PM me. I don't check this often but ill definately get back to you. By the way, welcome to one of the crappiest states in the union, I'd be heading back north but that's just me.
BOW-LOWS PRODUCTIONS PROSTAFF
ReaperWaterFowl
hunter

Postby duckcrazy26 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:51 pm

Thanks for the infor guys. looking forward to hunting with some of you this season. If any one has a hunting dog let me know, I got a black lab last year and have spent a lot of money on hunting training but would like to get her out with another dog so she can see how its really done.
duckcrazy26
Newb

Postby Illini40 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:02 am

Hey guys. Just joined the forum and saw talk of Shabbona Lake. What can you guys share with me about this spot? If I read correctly, the blinds are drawn so not sure if a guy can ever get in or not.

It's not too far from me.
Illini40
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting