Just Moved to JAX from tallahassee

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

Just Moved to JAX from tallahassee

Postby Tealwemeetagain » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:11 am

hey guys i dont post to often but i just moved to jax area from tallahasse over at NAS right now. i hunted alot at the coast and a few woody holes i had and a place in between jax and tally which cant be named but you know where im talking about. but i was just trying to get some local info and get to know some of my fellow duck hunters around here and would appreciate some general hunting info on the area. fishing too because im trying to get a grasp on the fishing here, way different then gulf coast. thanks alot guys :help:
Go Noles
Tealwemeetagain
hunter

Re: Just Moved to JAX from tallahassee

Postby dogyak » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:55 am

Welcome to the area . First question - do you have a waterfowl dog . We have a local retriever club that have members who hunt . New friends = duck hunts :yes: . Second one - do you have a kayak , boat , or both . Maybe in a couple weeks we can hook up for some fishing at Guana lake . Pretty good saltwater in land fishing plus a local duck hunting area closed off for waterfowl hunting during season . That way you can see the layout of the place . Just to tell you , they call it Guana zoo because some of the people that hunt it have no ideal what they are doing . Been pepper before out there and had a jackass setup in front of me one time less than 40 yds , asked if he would moved since I was there first . Guess it , said no - get it ! Anyway , I have two kayaks if you don't have one for the fishing/scouting . :welcome:
dogyak
hunter

Re: Just Moved to JAX from tallahassee

Postby Tealwemeetagain » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:35 pm

i have my kayak and all my poles with me shoot me a pm
Go Noles
Tealwemeetagain
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting