Welcome & Introductions

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Where are you from?

North West (Reno, Fallon, Fernley, Hawthorne, CC, CV, Yerington )
64%
South (Las Vegas, Henderson, Pahrump, Alamo, Mesq, Overton. etc )
33%
East (Panaca, Ely, Elko, Pioche, Winnemucca)
3%

Total votes : 159

Re: Welcome & Introductions

Postby PacFlyFowler » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:34 am

Greetings Everyone! New to the site, and to Nevada. Just wanted to make a quick intro. Longtime hunter, been hunting since I was thirteen. Have several dozen duck decoys, and a few dozen snow and honker deeks. Looking forward to learning what the Silver State has to offer, and looking forward to making some new friends to enjoy the outdoors with. Some great info here already! Thanks for that! :beer: - Paul (Have gun, will travel!!)
PacFlyFowler
Newb

Postby steiger33 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:53 pm

Hi everyone, I have been following this site for sometime and wanted to introduce myself. I am from NW Reno. always looking for some new hunting buddies and new friends.
Chris
steiger33
Newb

Postby littleyellowlab » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:32 am

New to Nevada but not to duck hunting. Looking to meet some people and do some hunting in the Las Vegas area if anyone is interested send me a message. The name is Jason.
another miss wow my perfect record is in no danger of being broken...
littleyellowlab
hunter

Postby 2bad4u » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:28 pm

Hello everyone, been lurking around here for awhile thought I would finally register. New to the minden/gard area moved up here from southern nv 4mnths ago. LOVE IT!! Been chukar/quail hunting forever and now that I'm up here giving duck hunting try. Wanna thank everyone for all the great info, let's keep this forum going
2bad4u
Newb

Postby 07yzryder » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:53 pm

Hi everyone, my names robert and im currently in vegas. Im just getting back into hunting in general building out some rifles for coyotes and found out that there are waterfowl near me. Im going to be spending some time researching waterfowl hunting and hopefully have a decent first hunt when the time is right.
07yzryder
hunter

Welcome & Introductions

Postby Rauh » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:03 pm

Just joined the forum! Been hunting most my life but have taking a great liking to waterfowl recently!
I've been trying to read the best places and techniques for duck hunting in northern Nevada, I figure that's the best way to be successful!
Anyways, the names austin!
Oh and if you're of the younger gen follow on the insta, I post some duck stuff! Hahaha (@austinrauh)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rauh
Newb

Postby NVduck » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:53 am

:welcome: Austin
mcqueenmetalfab.com
NVduck
hunter

Postby pete78 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:40 am

well iv been ducl hunting around elko nv for the past 3 years been doing good. the fiance is gonna hunt with me this year pritty exited. i dont have a dog or a boat do have waders and decoys. usally get my limit almost every time we go out. looking to get into dove hunting but not really sure where to go or what to look for. any thing helps!
pete78
Newb

Postby canback » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:05 pm

I know I have already posted in this forum but that was a few years ago,so here goes my name is ryan bugica and I hunt mainly Stillwater,washoe,and new this year will be at the minded duck club.anyways hope to see you guys out there :thumbsup:
canback
hunter

Postby LasVegasHunter » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:02 pm

Hey there. I've been in Las Vegas for a few years, and I'm just starting to get into the hunting and fishing scene. My son is about a year old, and I want to be able to take him out when he gets old enough. If anyone has any tips, advice, or if you want someone to tag along on a hunt, let me know. Thanks.

Joe
LasVegasHunter
Newb

Postby haiwee » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:49 pm

Thought I'd post and say hello. I've been a member for a while (posting mostly in the AZ forum), but I moved to Boulder City about a year ago. This will be my first season hunting in Nevada. (Still can't understand why I had to get a driver's license within a month but couldn't get a resident hunting or fishing license until I'd been here six months.)

Did quite a bit of scouting this summer up north, and I'm heading out this weekend. I have a thirteen year-old son who lives with his mom in SoCal, and he's coming over Thanksgiving vacation to spend a week hunting ducks and chukar with me. We'll start at Kirch and work our way southward, ending up at Topock before I take him back home. Hope everyone has a safe and successful season!
haiwee
hunter

Postby mschmidty99 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:14 pm

Hey Guys,

I wanted to introduce myself to the forum. My wife and I recently moved to Las Vegas from Columbus Ohio (about 2 months ago). I have been hunting since my childhood and grew up doing a lot of pheasant and small game. I am looking forward to hunting here in the Nevada area. I am super new to the area and looking for some direction and hunting buddies. I love fly fishing as well and try to get to Montana/Wyoming/Idaho at least once a year. So if you like to fish, let me know as well. Excited to be a part of the forum.
mschmidty99
Newb

Postby MOwaterfowlhunter » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:43 pm

Hey everyone. Names Nate. Moved here (Las Vegas) last October from Missouri for work. Avid waterfowl hunter lost in the desert looking for the ducks and don't know where to start! Haha. But thought I would say hello and maybe get some info from some local fellas!
MOwaterfowlhunter
Newb

Previous

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting