Welcome & Introductions

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Where are you from?

North West (Reno, Fallon, Fernley, Hawthorne, CC, CV, Yerington )
64%
South (Las Vegas, Henderson, Pahrump, Alamo, Mesq, Overton. etc )
33%
East (Panaca, Ely, Elko, Pioche, Winnemucca)
3%

Total votes : 159

Postby Old Duck Getter » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:43 pm

:welcome: Rob, you'll like it here.

old duck
Old Duck Getter
State Moderator

Postby NVDucks » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:07 am

Greetings

Just joined. Ducks are my number one passion. This forum looks great for Northern Nevada duck hunters. My favorite spots- Greenhead & Stilwater.
NVDucks
Newb

Postby Old Duck Getter » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:34 pm

:welcome: NVD,
Join in anytime. You'll enjoy.

old duck
Old Duck Getter
State Moderator

Postby flattop247 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:23 pm

My name is Kyle and im from Virginia City, born and raised. I have recently found a passion for waterfowl hunting and look forward to getting some advice from the pros on here. Im 22 and have been duck hunting for about 3 years. I just got a black lab who I hope to trn into a hunting machine!!!
flattop247
hunter

Postby Old Duck Getter » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:44 pm

:welcome: flattop
you'll find some good people here.

old duck
Old Duck Getter
State Moderator

Postby GaryBHunting » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:15 pm

Hello Everyone,

My name is Gary Bast and I live in Henderson. I've been hunting birds for about 26 years now and can't seem to get enough of it. I've been skulking around this board for about a year now.

I raised and trained a female yellow lab that is a great hunting companion. Ok, not so great sometimes :oops: but most of the time. Spend most of my duck and geese hunting time up in Northern NV because there is more water to hunt and hunting partners live in South Lake Tahoe.

I hunt Overton when I have to and late in the season when the north is frozen. :sad:

I have to say this blog is the best I've seen. All great hunters with some steller ones like OD and Sage. Both great resources. All I can say is have fun and don't be afraid to speak up!

Good Hunting! Less than 60 days to go! (dove)
GaryBHunting
"Talk em in"
GaryBHunting
hunter

Postby Old Duck Getter » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:40 pm

Good to see you Gary. Hope you had a good year and this one coming up will be better. I've noticed a lot of the Euro dove up here. I was in Reno yesterday and took the long way home. I saw a flock of 10 or 12 birds and thought they were pigeons. They are a lot bigger than our other doves up here. Welcome again!

old duck
Old Duck Getter
State Moderator

Postby GaryBHunting » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:55 am

I hope to see the Euro's down here. I haven't been able to get close enough to see the collar but I'm pretty sure they aren't the Euros . . . yet.

We are going into the "monsoon" season which I suspect will change the patterns a bit so I'm going to wait a little more before I do some more scouting. Hell, they should sell permits to our local parks. There are plenty there!!

Later!
GaryBHunting
"Talk em in"
GaryBHunting
hunter

Postby Desert Hunter » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:19 am

Hi, My name is Dennis from fernley just joined yesterday been watching for a year or so. Been hunting my whole life, what a great passion!!! :yes: I mostly hunt greenhead,lahontan and alot of honey holes around here for ducks and geese and several units for big game. :thumbsup: Happy Hunting !!!! :biggrin:
GO BIG OR GO HOME!
Desert Hunter
hunter

Postby Old Duck Getter » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:45 pm

:welcome: Dennis, Know you'll like it here. Jump in anytime your comfortable.

old duck
Old Duck Getter
State Moderator

Postby ChaseNCrooks » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:52 am

Not in Nv but might as well be. I live in Coleville, Ca and have been a member for a short time. I have already gotten some great information from some of you. It will be nice to put faces with names someday. I got my Nv hunting license and am ready to find out what it is like to hunt in Nv. I'm a Colorado boy but the Marine Corps has sent me all over. This is the first duty station where I have been able to really get back into hunting. The only hard thing is getting time to scout. This is a great place and am looking forward to seeing you all in the field. Just look for what my friends call the Colorado Limo a white 96 F-350 w/ topper.
ChaseNCrooks
hunter

Postby Old Duck Getter » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:58 pm

:welcome: CNC,

Glad you've finally signed on. If you see an old white 4X4 nissan pickup stop me and we can talk.

old duck
Old Duck Getter
State Moderator

Postby mikelubeman » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:15 pm

Hey, I'm Mike. Stumbled across this site the other day looking for duck hunting in Nevada. Been in Las Vegas for almost two years now. Haven't done any hunting here yet but used to be a regular dove hunter and done a few duck hunts back in So. California.
mikelubeman
hunter

Welcome

Postby GaryBHunting » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:54 am

:welcome:
Hi Mike,

As you know it really helps to know people here in southern NV in order to get into some good hunting. Great people on the board that aren't afraid to share some information. Jump in any time to ask questions. Maybe we can get in a hunt or two this season.

If you ever plan on going up to Northern NV, check with those guys too, there good guys.

Welcome aboard! :thumbsup:

GBH
GaryBHunting
"Talk em in"
GaryBHunting
hunter

Correct area to post up...hello!

Postby TeamG » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:29 pm

Hello all! I am 3rd year new to duck hunting, and I'm looking forward to another fun year. Last year I got out 8 times.....yes shoulda bought an annual at Greenhead, I know! Most of the time, I end up solo hunting with my lab, since I really like to hunt during the week. I'll miss opening day, buy I'll be out that Monday at Greenhead. I haven't hunted for ducks anywhere else. I have a few decs, a good pup and I enjoy hitting the birds, especially since I was skunked again on deer tags....again. I live in Sparks, and if you're in need of a hunting partner, let me know. I will hit Winnemucca too for some chukar. I lived there for 11 years, and normally find some birds. Family, hunting, fishing, camping, work and a ground up early Bronco restoration keep me pretty busy. That's all for now, and I look forward to seeing folks on the hunt! PS This website is terrific for gaining knowledge and chatting with some cool folks! Keep up the great work!

G
TeamG
hunter

Postby Old Duck Getter » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:36 pm

:welcome: Mike,
You will find some good people down there. If you ever get up this way let me know.

old duck
Old Duck Getter
State Moderator

Postby Old Duck Getter » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:39 pm

:welcome: TeamG,
We have a good site here. Glad you desided to give us a try. Greenhead will be a good bet on Monday. I'm sure someone will chime in for a week day hunt.

old duck
Old Duck Getter
State Moderator

Another intro...

Postby TeamG » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:32 pm

Hello all! I am 3rd year new to duck hunting, and I'm looking forward to another fun year. Last year I got out about 8 times.....yes shoulda bought an annual at Greenhead, I know! Most of the time, I end up solo hunting with my lab, since I really like to hunt during the week. I'll miss opening day, buy I'll be out that Monday at Greenhead. I haven't hunted for ducks anywhere else. I have a few decs, a good pup and I enjoy hitting the birds, especially since I was skunked again on deer tags....again. I live in Sparks, and if you're in need of a hunting partner, let me know. I will hit Winnemucca too for some chukar. I lived there for 11 years, and normally find some birds. Family, hunting, fishing, camping, work and a ground up early Bronco restoration keep me pretty busy. That's all for now, and I look forward to seeing folks on the hunt! PS This website is terrific for gaining knowledge and chatting with some cool folks! Keep up the great work!

G
TeamG
hunter

Postby TeamG » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:40 pm

Sounds good Old Duck. You mentioned Topaz last year. I was serious about my folks having a place there on the lake. Show me the way and I'll take care of lunch & wheels to the lake. lemme know
TeamG
hunter

Postby BB12 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:05 pm

Hi everybody my name is kyle just moved down to Carson city from Utah. I have hunted stillwater before but im looking for some new areas to hunt this year. this site is awesome thanks for the information everyone.
BB12
hunter

Postby Old Duck Getter » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:08 pm

:welcome: BB12,
This is a good site. You'll get some good info and maybe a hunting partner.

old duck
Old Duck Getter
State Moderator

Postby WaterInMyWaders » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:19 pm

My names Jake I'm from Fallon, I hunt canvasback, stillwater, greenhead and cornfields in the valley were ever I can find birds. Also make trips to canada and oregon every year. I work out at stillwater so I luck out and even get to go scouting at work. I got a new chesapeake this year so this is my first time hunting with my own dog and it really adds a new element of fun to it.
Cleaning my Gun with the Safety Off
WaterInMyWaders
hunter

Postby Old Duck Getter » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:49 pm

:welcome: water,

Good to have you with us! Having a dog is one of the things that makes our sport so fun. Good luck this season and let us know how your doing.

old duck
Old Duck Getter
State Moderator

Postby bryan_e » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:35 pm

Hi everyone,
My name is Bryan. I'm new to waterfowl hunting. I needed to do something after big game season was over with for me. So this why im here, so I can learn something
bryan_e
hunter

Postby Ducknut2 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:26 am

Hello everyone,
My name is Jim Sarnow. Been in Vegas about 10 years. Just joined this forum a couple days ago. So far so good. Some good info out there which is what I was hoping for. Also, possibly meet up with other hunters. I spend alot of days in blinds by myself. Company would be nice.
I'm originally from Wisconsin. Please, I've heard ALL the Cheesehead jokes. Been hunting my whole life for anything that is edible. Just got into duck hunting last year cause the upland birds where few and far between. Now I'm hooked on the duck hunting. Going over to Ash Meadows this morning to look it over. Have heard about it, but never been there. Taking the bird dog with for quail, but look at it for possible duck activity. Let you all know if I do any good. Cheers to everyone and good luck in the field!
Ducknut2
Newb

PreviousNext

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting