Ammo Law Changes??

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Ammo Law Changes??

Postby Slack Tide » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:50 am

I've been getting a few emails from guys about "stocking up" on ammo due to big changes coming down the line.
Does anyone know any specifics behind Cuomo's "plan" or where it stands from here
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Re: Ammo Law Changes??

Postby Frank Lopez » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:36 pm

As far as I know, the law they passed back in January, with respect to ammunition purchases (and many other things) has not been altered. In other words, come Jan 15, 2014, if you want to purchase a single box of shells, of any caliber or form, you'll need to make the purchase in person with a photo ID. No internet sales, unless the shells are shipped to an FFL who will then make the necessary background check [b]BEFORE[/b} turning over the ammunition.

Frank
I feel slightly sorry for a man who has never patterned his gun, who has no idea how far his chosen load will retain killing penetration. But I'm extremely sorry for the ducks he shoots at beyond the killing range of his gun and load - Bob Brister
Frank Lopez
hunter

Re: Ammo Law Changes??

Postby BayMan718 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:53 pm

just ordered 12 cases of shells from rogers sporting goods with no problem....means i should be good for 3 seasons...and hopefully by the time i run out someone will have overturned this crap.... :thumbsup:
“Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading "

Thomas Jefferson
BayMan718
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting