Early season teal spread?

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Early season teal spread?

Postby Lcso61 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:28 pm

This will be my first year attempting the early season teal and was wondering about your thoughts of what ducks my spread should consist of and what kind of teal I should expect, green or blue?
Lcso61
hunter

Re: Early season teal spread?

Postby BuckeyeZac » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:15 am

I would expect you would see bwts. Throw anything out and they will decoy. Put a spinner and a couple decoys and if they are in your area they might decoy.
BuckeyeZac
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:10 am

Zac is right they will decoy to anything, I got some teal decoys anyway because I have a decoy problem :biggrin:
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby BuckeyeZac » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:38 pm

My buddy turned old mallards into teal decoys and they actually look pretty darn good. So I guess I can say I also have a decoy problem.
BuckeyeZac
hunter

Postby R. Toker » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:44 pm

I'm also going to try out the early teal season for the first time this year. We've shot teal, mostly BWT, during the regular duck season but never went out after them in Sept. I'm going to pick up some teal decoys and a hen teal call and a whistle. You can never have enough paraphernalia in this sport. :biggrin:

I also have a mojo teal that I use throughout the entire duck season. Even the big ducks love those fast wings.
Lynch Mob Calls
Gander Valley Custom Calls
Beretta AL 391 Urika2 28"
Carlson's LM Choke
Kent Fasteel
Beretta SV10 Prevail III 32"
WATERFOWL AND SPORTING CLAYS!!!
R. Toker
hunter

Postby SirChadwick » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:20 pm

I have found that if you are gonna hunt up around Lake Erie you will shoot a lot of GWT and if you travel south around the Kill Dear Plains area you will have great success with BWT. Every one is right I use Mallard decoys and they will plop right in the middle of them!!
SirChadwick
Newb

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting