Your favorite duck recipe...

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Your favorite duck recipe...

Postby youngster57 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:09 pm

Well me personally I like to take my ducks soak them in butter milk and then batter them in a flower salt, pepper, garlic mixture. Double batter them and then fry them up in the fryer. Make sure to double batter or you'll get a real thin breading and it will just come off in the fryer. I also like to cut the breasts in half before I fry them.

Lets hear your favorite recipe maybe ill try something new this year.
youngster57
hunter

Postby ducks1411 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:08 pm

Both my wife and I enjoy stir-fry, so I thought one day I would stir fry some duck up. I took the duck breasts and cut them into strips, then made a marinade using 1 cup of water, 1/4 cup of soy sauce, 2 heaping tablespoons of minced garlic, a splash of lemon juice and chopped up a half of onion or so to put in there as well and threw the strips of meat into that and let them soak overnight. This was using meat from 2 ducks by the way. When I was ready to cook, drained the marinade out, cut up some more onion and some peppers, heated oil in a wok to extremely hot levels (love cookin in hot oil, it scares my wife when the oil crackles up all over the place, which it will do with this recipe because of the water in the marinade), and cooked the meat until good and done, added the onion and peppers and cooked an additional 2 minutes or so with teriyaki sauce to taste. Through this over some cooked rice and was fantastic.
Active member of P.E.T.A.--People Eating Tasty Animals.
ducks1411
hunter

Postby youngster57 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:27 am

hmmm that sounds really good ill have to try that this year.
youngster57
hunter

Sout Texas Style

Postby CCDuckSlayer » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:48 pm

Do our ducks just like our dove. Breast them, wrap the breast around a jalapeno, and then wrap that with bacon. Season to choice, cook until bacon is done.
MM delicious.
CCDuckSlayer
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking