ok guys... where to hunt

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

ok guys... where to hunt

Postby mgoldschmidt » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:12 pm

I live in the Lake Mary area (north east of Orlando) Other than Merrit Island, where is good to hunt? Info is nice.... please help a fellow hunter.
mgoldschmidt
hunter

Postby turkmaster04 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:31 am

Lake Jesup in Sanford is a good spot. If this coldsnap hangs around for a few days it should bring in divers (ringnecks and buffleheads). lots of resident birds to, teal and fla. mallard. If there are coots on the lake the quackers won,t be far behind. Here is a site with aerial photos and punch in zipcode 32773 on yahoo maps. the ramp is at the end of Sanford Av. (Lake Jesup Park).

http://www.terraserver-usa.com/image.as ... &Y=992&W=1
turkmaster04
hunter

thanks!

Postby mgoldschmidt » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:28 am

Your the man.... thanks. Any tips on where to go if I enter on the ramp that is closes to 17/92 and Lake Mary BLVD?

Thanks again....
mgoldschmidt
hunter

I hope you can answer this one...

Postby mgoldschmidt » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:45 pm

I scouted out the Lake- I spooked up a butt load of birds between the island and 417. I was a haul in my boat, I have a 14ft V bottom with a 7.5 four stroke Honda- me, my buddy, and two kids. It took a while to get there- and this was last Thurs. eve- and cold,windy,and rainy. Can you give me a hint on where specifically? Dont worry, I will not take your spot, Im just looking for a place to go that might be closer to the dock.
mgoldschmidt
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting