Buying Land

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, greenster, whisperin' duck

Re: Buying Land

Postby AR Dave » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:06 pm

The one mallard hole has been watched for 4 yrs and there are more ducks on it each year. My partner and I talked further about it yesterday. We're thinking we'll continue the program this year and make sure that pond is loaded with feed. We have a 100 acre place that we hunt a little, in the afternoon, towards the end of season. Only 2 or 3 times. It's like a WMA. Anyhow with 2 dozen holes, nothing gets hunted more than once a week. We do more scouting and checking, than hunting. But you know what, I love it....... :thumbsup:
AR Dave
hunter

Postby cannon » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:34 am

AR Dave wrote:The one mallard hole has been watched for 4 yrs and there are more ducks on it each year.

Keep it up for another 4-5 years, and the number will multiply exponentially until they run out of space.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby ByersFarm » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:24 pm

cannon wrote:
AR Dave wrote:The one mallard hole has been watched for 4 yrs and there are more ducks on it each year.

Keep it up for another 4-5 years, and the number will multiply exponentially until they run out of space.

You're right. It's a fragile thing, one that can be ruined so much quicker than it can be built.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Previous

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting