heres a new one

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

heres a new one

Postby 870 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:32 pm

Saturday I had the son-in-law out for a morning hunt. Even before sunrise we had Cream bellies (fish ducks) in our decoys and they kept coming in and out all morning. I thought, “free live decoys cool” and they helped us put the slams on some puddlers.

About 10:30 we had three two drakes and a hen in our decoys, they decide to take off, the drakes fly off to my right side and the hen come straight at me. I’m thinking, “ This is going to be cool”. When she gets right above me she relieves herself and craps all over my left leg and the butt stock of my 870. :pissed:

I’m sitting there in disbelief; my reaction was “what the heck”. I look at my son-in-law and he has this big crap-eating grin all over his face. :yes:

I told him if she turns and comes through the decoys again I’ll tag her at 1,450ft a second, but she kept on going, she new not to come back

BTW he couldn’t wait tell the whole family about what happened “ the old man got crapped on”…. ya real funny, well come to think of it I guess it was :thumbsup:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby harvey1b » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:55 pm

That is hilarious!! I don't know if I would have posted it, but good for you.

:laughing: :laughing:
harvey1b
hunter

Postby 870 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:44 pm

hey if you can't laugh at yourself :laughing:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby CLUTCHfan » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:05 pm

Of course you've got pictures of everything else, but not this. I would've shot her in self defense. :laughing:
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby magicBB » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:43 am

I am all for letting hens fly - but when they start letting loose on me its going to make it hard. Maybe you looked to clean - thats what happens everytime I wash the truck.
magicBB
hunter

Postby brezcrew » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:38 pm

Didn't know you were from clayton 870. I hunted their opening weekend. I couldn't tell you exactly where cause I tagged along with some freinds of mine and I never had been there or hunted there before. I can tell you we weren't that far from grindstone which they talked about alot. I hear the hunting around that island is great. They also said alot of wild things go on at the island. Look forward to getting up there again, we got some birds and had a blast at the cottage with everyone.
MARC

My wife tells me to bring something home for dinner when I go hunting. So I make sure to stop at Wegmans before I go.
brezcrew
hunter

Postby 870 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:24 pm

brezcrew wrote:Didn't know you were from clayton 870. I hunted their opening weekend. I couldn't tell you exactly where cause I tagged along with some freinds of mine and I never had been there or hunted there before. I can tell you we weren't that far from grindstone which they talked about alot. I hear the hunting around that island is great. They also said alot of wild things go on at the island. Look forward to getting up there again, we got some birds and had a blast at the cottage with everyone.

SHHHHHHH man,,,, I have everyone thinking that it sucks up here. :pissed:

Gstone I have a camp over there, my family has lived over there since the 1830s we are one of the longest land owning familys over there

BTW how did you hear that I was from Clayton? :cool:
State Moderator

Postby T-MAN » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:39 pm

jeez, the island is popular, and yes, what happens there stays there. :toofunny:
T-MAN
hunter

Postby brezcrew » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:40 am

One of the other posts you mentioned to ask anyone up in clayton and they would know who you are. I heard about a big summer party on grindstone that gets pretty wild from what I hear. So many places to go duck hunting up there how do you pick a bad spot?

Anyway western zone last weekend it mas my labs 1st duck hunt. She is 13 months old, ready to go and she stole the show. 1st duck fell 20 yards from the blind and she saw the whole thing. Went on command and brought the bird right back :getdown: . I could not have been more pleased with her performance. 8 birds and 8 retrieves. Head up all morning long spynig seagulls/ anything that flew. She is gonna be a good one for a long time!
Only problem was hunters couldn't hit the side of a barn. We went through 2 boxes of shells :pissed: (2 3/4" part of the problem) and must have had 150 birds come around. Its was a blast but the dog was the big star! :thumbsup:
I have some pics of her 1st retrieve and birds i just have to figure out how to post them yet.
MARC

My wife tells me to bring something home for dinner when I go hunting. So I make sure to stop at Wegmans before I go.
brezcrew
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:44 am

:thumbsup:

Good to hear you had a good opener and your dog is hunting well. It is a lot of fun when the dog starts to put it together.
harvey1b
hunter

Postby 870 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:01 pm

brezcrew, sounds great on how the dowg did :thumbsup:

I bet she's on a web site telling all her pal's just how bad you boys shot :toofunny:

I thought maybe thats where you heard :yes:

let me know when your back my way :salude:
State Moderator

Postby brezcrew » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:55 pm

Image Sill trying to figure out the image thing. Hope this will work.[/url]
MARC

brezcrew
hunter

Postby brezcrew » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:56 pm

nope guess not. Need more computer lessons.
MARC

brezcrew
hunter

Postby 870 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:04 pm

do you have kodac easy share, if so maybe i can help :thumbsup:
State Moderator

Return to New York Duck Hunting