Duck Hunting Forum banner

heres a new one

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  870 
#1 ·
Saturday I had the son-in-law out for a morning hunt. Even before sunrise we had Cream bellies (fish ducks) in our decoys and they kept coming in and out all morning. I thought, "free live decoys cool" and they helped us put the slams on some puddlers.

About 10:30 we had three two drakes and a hen in our decoys, they decide to take off, the drakes fly off to my right side and the hen come straight at me. I'm thinking, " This is going to be cool". When she gets right above me she relieves herself and craps all over my left leg and the butt stock of my 870. :pissed:

I'm sitting there in disbelief; my reaction was "what the heck". I look at my son-in-law and he has this big crap-eating grin all over his face. :yes:

I told him if she turns and comes through the decoys again I'll tag her at 1,450ft a second, but she kept on going, she new not to come back

BTW he couldn't wait tell the whole family about what happened " the old man got crapped on"…. ya real funny, well come to think of it I guess it was :thumbsup:

#6 ·
Didn't know you were from clayton 870. I hunted their opening weekend. I couldn't tell you exactly where cause I tagged along with some freinds of mine and I never had been there or hunted there before. I can tell you we weren't that far from grindstone which they talked about alot. I hear the hunting around that island is great. They also said alot of wild things go on at the island. Look forward to getting up there again, we got some birds and had a blast at the cottage with everyone.

#7 ·
brezcrew said:
Didn't know you were from clayton 870. I hunted their opening weekend. I couldn't tell you exactly where cause I tagged along with some freinds of mine and I never had been there or hunted there before. I can tell you we weren't that far from grindstone which they talked about alot. I hear the hunting around that island is great. They also said alot of wild things go on at the island. Look forward to getting up there again, we got some birds and had a blast at the cottage with everyone.
SHHHHHHH man,,,, I have everyone thinking that it sucks up here. :pissed:

Gstone I have a camp over there, my family has lived over there since the 1830s we are one of the longest land owning familys over there

BTW how did you hear that I was from Clayton? :cool:

#9 ·
One of the other posts you mentioned to ask anyone up in clayton and they would know who you are. I heard about a big summer party on grindstone that gets pretty wild from what I hear. So many places to go duck hunting up there how do you pick a bad spot?

Anyway western zone last weekend it mas my labs 1st duck hunt. She is 13 months old, ready to go and she stole the show. 1st duck fell 20 yards from the blind and she saw the whole thing. Went on command and brought the bird right back :getdown: . I could not have been more pleased with her performance. 8 birds and 8 retrieves. Head up all morning long spynig seagulls/ anything that flew. She is gonna be a good one for a long time!
Only problem was hunters couldn't hit the side of a barn. We went through 2 boxes of shells :pissed: (2 3/4" part of the problem) and must have had 150 birds come around. Its was a blast but the dog was the big star! :thumbsup:
I have some pics of her 1st retrieve and birds i just have to figure out how to post them yet.

#11 ·
brezcrew, sounds great on how the dowg did :thumbsup:

I bet she's on a web site telling all her pal's just how bad you boys shot :toofunny:

I thought maybe thats where you heard :yes:

let me know when your back my way :salude:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.