Pickerel Creek Wildlife Area

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, jsa, cartervj, andrew_kirby

Pickerel Creek Wildlife Area

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:44 am

Has anyone hunted this area. Thinking about going up for a couple of draws this year. Odnrs website doesnt say much.

Can you walk to most blinds or do you need a boat
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 12114
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio


Re: Pickerel Creek Wildlife Area

Postby t_baker » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:42 am

Internet scouter.
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 7464
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio

Re: Pickerel Creek Wildlife Area

Postby vtcupped'n'locked » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:33 am

I put in for the lottery, we'll see if I get drawn. Have not hunted there myself and too far of drive to try it if I don't have a guaranteed place. Probably be some phone calls in order if I do get drawn.
VT
vtcupped'n'locked
hunter
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:24 pm
Location: Columbus Ohio

Re: Pickerel Creek Wildlife Area

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:59 am

t_baker wrote:Internet scouter.


shush lol.

They do drawings on saturdays at 5:15 am. If you dont get an am hunt you get one in the afternoon. I may go up too
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 12114
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Pickerel Creek Wildlife Area

Postby Botiz630 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:11 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Has anyone hunted this area. Thinking about going up for a couple of draws this year. Odnrs website doesnt say much.

Can you walk to most blinds or do you need a boat


I've been up there a couple times, I don't believe you need a boat for any of it but some of the zones are a hike. Especially if you do like I did and walk all the way out on the wrong side of the ditch :fingerhead:

If you don't get drawn for the morning they do another draw for the afternoon, anything left over is up for grabs.
Holy Molly
User avatar
Botiz630
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 16241
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:24 pm

Re: Pickerel Creek Wildlife Area

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:31 am

Botiz630 wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Has anyone hunted this area. Thinking about going up for a couple of draws this year. Odnrs website doesnt say much.

Can you walk to most blinds or do you need a boat


I've been up there a couple times, I don't believe you need a boat for any of it but some of the zones are a hike. Especially if you do like I did and walk all the way out on the wrong side of the ditch :fingerhead:

If you don't get drawn for the morning they do another draw for the afternoon, anything left over is up for grabs.


Thanks Titz
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 12114
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Pickerel Creek Wildlife Area

Postby Botiz630 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:03 am

You going by yourself or with somebody? If I remember correctly there are only a couple solo zones.

Holler at me sometime this season and I'll go up with you if I can make it work.
Holy Molly
User avatar
Botiz630
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 16241
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:24 pm

Re: Pickerel Creek Wildlife Area

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:07 am

Botiz630 wrote:You going by yourself or with somebody? If I remember correctly there are only a couple solo zones.

Holler at me sometime this season and I'll go up with you if I can make it work.


I was going to go by myself because I didn't know what was going on, but you are more than welcome to come.
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 12114
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Pickerel Creek Wildlife Area

Postby SirChadwick » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:15 pm

I just live 40 mins from there and I do alot of hunting on Pickerel Creek. If you have any questions feel free to ask away!!!
SirChadwick
Newb
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:08 pm


Return to Ohio Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests