September Dove Hunts

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, callncut, Ichabod97

September Dove Hunts

Postby skydog » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:39 pm

Hopefully this doesn't violate any posting rules, but just wanted to let folks know that my club is hosting two dove hunts (September 2nd and 14th) in Surry County. PM me for more info or to get signed up. Thanks
skydog
hunter

Re: September Dove Hunts

Postby gooosehunter » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:46 am

Is this the one on craigslist for 75? I think it is the Sportsman Hunt Club. Not too bad of a deal for the BBQ lunch and everything. Are you seeing birds in the area?
I am headed own to NC on my private dove shoot. Just me and my two boys over sunflower. Well, its the neighbors sunflower. LOL!!! After getting shot in the head and back a few years ago, I am kind of picky about where I shoot now.

Good luck and I will be sure to pass the word to anyone looking for a dove hunt.
Cheers
Dave
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby skydog » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:59 pm

That's the one, goose. I hear ya on being picky- been on the wrong end of an overcrowded hunt myself a time or two. We'll be hunting several hundred acres, so folks will be plenty spread out to avoid those issues.

Starting to see decent numbers of birds showing up over the past couple of weeks....hopefully the weather stays calm (no hurricanes!) towards the end of August so the birds don't get pushed out and we should be in good shape. Feel free to pass the word on to anyone looking for a hunt and good luck down in NC- sounds like a sweet setup! :thumbsup:
skydog
hunter

Postby skimerhorn » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:37 am

What's the details of the hunt?
skimerhorn
hunter

Postby skydog » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:09 am

skimerhorn wrote:What's the details of the hunt?

Skimmer, we'll be hunting a large tract of cut corn in Surry County with a decent sized pond that partially splits the fields and helps to bring the birds in. Pretty typical dove hunt (bbq lunch provided) with the expection being that this will NOT be your typical overcrowded and unsafe hunt with people shooting right on top of one another. Safety will be first and foremost and we've got plenty of land for folks to spread out.PM me if you need any more info or want to get signed up.
skydog
hunter

Postby Undrcoverrednek » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:08 pm

gooosehunter wrote:
After getting shot in the head and back a few years ago, I am kind of picky about where I shoot now.

If it weren't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all!
swampbilly 1980 wrote:I'm a poor man, but I'd pay good money to taste some of that juicy white meat...
Undrcoverrednek
hunter

Postby gooosehunter » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:55 am

It seems that way at times
Cheers
Dave
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby skydog » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:38 am

Our club has just made the decision to move the Labor Day hunt to the following Saturday September 7th; so our two hunts will be September 7th and 14th. We've still got spots open for both days; PM me for more info.

Thank you!
skydog
hunter

Postby gooosehunter » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:07 am

A lot of people are doing the same thing with their hunts due to the first on Manday. It seems like we just had a first on a Monday a couple of years ago. Stinks.
Cheers
Dave
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby skydog » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:34 am

Still have spots open for this Saturday and next Saturday the 14th if any other folks are interested just shoot me a pm. Thanks
skydog
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting