Scouting

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, jsa, cartervj, andrew_kirby

Re: Scouting

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:04 am

Going to so some looking tonight. Anybody seeing any teal yet.
Lonely wives, dirty trucks , and happy dogs.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Black Smoke » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:27 am

Went and checked out the lake and man there are teal everywhere around Acheson's Resort
Black Smoke
hunter

Postby t_baker » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:22 pm

Black Smoke wrote:Went and checked out the lake and man there are teal everywhere around Acheson's Resort

Now I know your lying.
t_baker
hunter

Postby Black Smoke » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:34 pm

Believe what you want just letting you know. Go down there and check it out, I went down there Tuesday and they were holding up down the channel on the opposite side of Acheson's.
Black Smoke
hunter

Postby t_baker » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:53 am

Black Smoke wrote:Believe what you want just letting you know. Go down there and check it out, I went down there Tuesday and they were holding up down the channel on the opposite side of Acheson's.

Are you the goon that drew 1st pick today at the drawing from Ft. Wayne?
t_baker
hunter

Postby t_baker » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:58 am

I did find a small group of teal in a undisclosed location last night. Plenty of woodies and mallards.

These stupid swans.

Couple over exposed mallards
t_baker
hunter

Postby :-) » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:17 am

There are 6 teal in Ohio...
:-)
hunter

Postby :-) » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:30 am

I was up in Columbus, Lima, Minford, and Sandusky on business from Texas...you guys in Ohio have a beautiful state, and some awesome weather. City BBQ and Columbus Fish Market were great, but your Mexican food is horrible. Lol

If y'all ever find yourself down in Texas during duck season look me up...be sure to bring your sun screen and summer cloths. Hard to beat cast-n-blast!
hunter

Postby t_baker » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:37 pm

:-) wrote:I was up in Columbus, Lima, Minford, and Sandusky on business from Texas...you guys in Ohio have a beautiful state, and some awesome weather. City BBQ and Columbus Fish Market were great, but your Mexican food is horrible. Lol

If y'all ever find yourself down in Texas during duck season look me up...be sure to bring your sun screen and summer cloths. Hard to beat cast-n-blast!

There is nothing beautiful about Lima. Place is a chit hole.
t_baker
hunter

Postby :-) » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:41 pm

t_baker wrote:
:-) wrote:I was up in Columbus, Lima, Minford, and Sandusky on business from Texas...you guys in Ohio have a beautiful state, and some awesome weather. City BBQ and Columbus Fish Market were great, but your Mexican food is horrible. Lol

Lima is where I had the Mexican food, and only saw one truck being stripped down by 3 LEO's...I'm a coastal guy from S. Texas "Little Mexico", and trees over 30' tall make me warm and fuzzy inside. I will admit southern Ohio had more trees, more hills, more scenic etc, but the corn field and bean fields would be fun to hunt up north.
hunter

Postby t_baker » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:31 pm

:-) wrote:
t_baker wrote:

Lima is where I had the Mexican food, and only saw one truck being stripped down by 3 LEO's...I'm a coastal guy from S. Texas "Little Mexico", and trees over 30' tall make me warm and fuzzy inside. I will admit southern Ohio had more trees, more hills, more scenic etc, but the corn field and bean fields would be fun to hunt up north.

La Chereada?
t_baker
hunter

Postby ohio mike » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:35 pm

t_baker wrote:I did find a small group of teal in a undisclosed location last night. Plenty of woodies and mallards.

These stupid swans.

Pretty sure you can shoot the damn things,their ferrel not Tundra. Had one go after the Lab during fishing 2 years ago when I let him out to pee. Didn't work well for the swan.
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby :-) » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:41 pm

t_baker wrote:
t_baker wrote:

La Chereada?

Do believe that was the place. I didn't get sick or anything...just not the traditional style that we get here in Little Mexico.
hunter

Postby t_baker » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:08 pm

ohio mike wrote:
t_baker wrote:I did find a small group of teal in a undisclosed location last night. Plenty of woodies and mallards.

These stupid swans.

Pretty sure you can shoot the damn things,their ferrel not Tundra. Had one go after the Lab during fishing 2 years ago when I let him out to pee. Didn't work well for the swan.

They can get nasty. Went down to the lake again today. Checked out the locations. I already knew where they were but wanted to check water depths. Our second pick blind already has a bunch of frame work and post in the ground from a previous person. So slap on a roof and sides and brush it and call that one good.

Got a phone call yesterday day telling me that Norton's and Acheson's wanted to offer the materials they had to build our blind. Seemed nice at first but more I thought about it, we decided not to. Dont want to get into one of those deals if we dont have to.
t_baker
hunter

Postby t_baker » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:09 pm

t_baker wrote:
t_baker wrote:

La Chereada?

Nah they wont kill you. But I do love me a chimichanga from there!
Do believe that was the place. I didn't get sick or anything...just not the traditional style that we get here in Little Mexico.
t_baker
hunter

Postby ohio mike » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:14 pm

I've heard they will actually build the blind,you use it during the weekend and them during the week. Old retired farts,just like someone you met Sat. :rolleyes:
ohio mike
hunter

Postby t_baker » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:10 am

ohio mike wrote:I've heard they will actually build the blind,you use it during the weekend and them during the week. Old retired farts,just like someone you met Sat. :rolleyes:

You must have went to Acheson's for breakfast??

When I got the call I knew something was up. Thats why we got away from the whole decision. I guess they dont realize that I can hunt anytime I want and a few others in our group work 2nds and 3rds so they will be there during the week also.
t_baker
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:22 am

Seen a bunch of ducks friday night no geese. Seen some geese in a hay field on Saturday.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby t_baker » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:25 am

t_baker wrote:
ohio mike wrote:I've heard they will actually build the blind,you use it during the weekend and them during the week. Old retired farts,just like someone you met Sat. :rolleyes:

You must have went to Acheson's for breakfast??

When I got the call I knew something was up. Thats why we got away from the whole decision. I guess they dont realize that I can hunt anytime I want and a few others in our group work 2nds and 3rds so they will be there during the week also.

Just handled this. Glad there was a "fly on the wall" in there Saturday.

Thanks for the heads up Mike.
t_baker
hunter

Postby ohio mike » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:02 pm

Actually I knew some guys that went thru it several years ago. I'm surprised you got out of the parking lot.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:19 am

10 DAYS AND A WAKE UP BOYS :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby BuckeyeZac » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:35 am

Gear is ready! :lol: :beer:
BuckeyeZac
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:48 am

BuckeyeZac wrote:Gear is ready! :lol: :beer:

Zac they are doing a drawing for the first week of the season at killbuck on sept 28th at 6pm at the wayne county fairgrounds if youre interested
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:59 am

Lots o' geese. Pretty good numbers of mallards and I've seen teal probably 5 nights. Saw probably 35 ducks last night in a swamp
I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in.
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:00 pm

I'm finding the geese now. I seen a bunch of woodies but no teal. 1 stupid swan I want to kill it badly
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting