Scouting

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Re: Scouting

Postby BuckeyeZac » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:10 pm

Also seeing some geese.. Most flocks have around 12-20 in them. Seeing mallards and woodies. No teal yet. Something will get a good headache sunday though. :hammer:
BuckeyeZac
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:17 pm

BuckeyeZac wrote:Also seeing some geese.. Most flocks have around 12-20 in them. Seeing mallards and woodies. No teal yet. Something will get a good headache sunday though. :hammer:

We have a few fields locked up that had 100+ in them last night...and one that a friends family has permission to that has 500+ nightly. Farmer said 5 acres destroyed already and was chompin at the bit for season to start. Sadly we are third on the list of permission only 2 fields huntable as of right now.
quacknstack6 wrote:
I'm as good once as I ever was isn't your theme song OG. I hate to burst your bubble.
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:29 pm

Calling for 80+ degrees Sunday don't know how thats going to affect the geese in the morning
And a Desert Eagle that's one great big ol' pistol
I mean .50 caliber made by badazz Hebrews
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:29 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Calling for 80+ degrees Sunday don't know how thats going to affect the geese in the morning

I'm sure it will kill a bunch of them :grooving: :grooving:
quacknstack6 wrote:
I'm as good once as I ever was isn't your theme song OG. I hate to burst your bubble.
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby BuckeyeZac » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:41 pm

OmegaRed wrote:
BuckeyeZac wrote:Also seeing some geese.. Most flocks have around 12-20 in them. Seeing mallards and woodies. No teal yet. Something will get a good headache sunday though. :hammer:

We have a few fields locked up that had 100+ in them last night...and one that a friends family has permission to that has 500+ nightly. Farmer said 5 acres destroyed already and was chompin at the bit for season to start. Sadly we are third on the list of permission only 2 fields huntable as of right now.

That is INSANE. I haven't seen a flock that big yet this year. Have seen around 50 loafing in the location I'm hunting Sunday.
BuckeyeZac
hunter

Postby OrangeMilk » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:25 pm

I saw so many geese last weekend where I plan to Dove hunt that I'm now up in ther air as to what to go hunting for there.
If you see the ammo in my avatar on sale anywhere, please let me know, thanks.
OrangeMilk
hunter

Postby BuckeyeZac » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:41 pm

OrangeMilk wrote:I saw so many geese last weekend where I plan to Dove hunt that I'm now up in ther air as to what to go hunting for there.

I'm goose hunting first and then switching to the 20 gauge and pounding the doves... Let's just say I'm pretty pumped for Sunday.
Last edited by BuckeyeZac on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BuckeyeZac
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:46 pm

BuckeyeZac wrote:
OrangeMilk wrote:I saw so many geese last weekend where I plan to Dove hunt that I'm now up in ther air as to what to go hunting for there.

I'm goose hunting first and then switching to the 20 gauge and pouding the doves... Let's just say I'm pretty pumped for Sunday.

I think im dove hunting the am, then geese in the evening
And a Desert Eagle that's one great big ol' pistol
I mean .50 caliber made by badazz Hebrews
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby OrangeMilk » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:57 pm

I think the plan will be doves all day with Goose loads in the truck, and running shoes on....
If you see the ammo in my avatar on sale anywhere, please let me know, thanks.
OrangeMilk
hunter

Previous

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting