Decoy trailer questions

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Decoy trailer questions

Postby RNT~DuckCaller » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:00 pm

Hey guys,

I have a few questions for all of you that have a trailer for your field set up. In the past I would consider say 90 % of my waterfowl hunting was targeting ducks over water. I have now lived in eastern MT for two years, and would say its now closer to 50% in fields. I just caught the online decoy price i have been waiting for and bought 6 dzn full bodies ( 280 per dzn of bigfoots b2 ). This puts me at a grand total of 8 dzn full bodies and 4 dzn shells. I was wondering what size trailer this size of a set up requires? I find myself overseas yet again and will not be back until early oct, so i really have no way to eyeball it to get an idea. I was guessing a 6x10? From exp is it better to bag them all or build a shelf type system? Any trailer brand reccomendations? And lastly where do you guys get your decals? Thanks in advance. This is being sent from a phone so sorry for any typos. :beer: j
RNT~DuckCaller
hunter

Re: Decoy trailer questions

Postby Bulldog0156 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:20 am

Where at in eastern MT?
Bulldog0156
hunter

Postby RNT~DuckCaller » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:06 pm

Miles City
RNT~DuckCaller
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:41 pm

I get all my decals from Pete Mahler in Missoula
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting